Sandisk Extreme 240gb $179.99 after $60 coupon code

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171568

use coupon code: EMCYTZT1890

How does this drive compare to crucial m4, samsung 830, etc? I'm looking for a ssd for my new gaming build and was waiting for the M4 or Samsung 240/256 to go on sale again.

The Sandisk Extreme drives are among the top performing drives available and rank right up there with the Crucial & Samsung drives. I have 4 of the 120GB drives in 3 computers and have had zero issues. This is a great deal, but I'm holding off upgrading my main rig with a 120GB Intel G2 drive until 500GB drives hit $300.

The only knock I can think of is its sandforce controller which some people don't like. Otherwise its pretty much comparable to an M4 or a Samsung 830.

yeah - but $13 in tax doesn't make it as sweet of a deal for me, I need to upgrade (64GB Kingston V100) but don't have any super urgent NEED to.

yeah - but $13 in tax doesn't make it as sweet of a deal for me, I need to upgrade (64GB Kingston V100) but don't have any super urgent NEED to.

Then maybe you should wait, lol. SSD prices will probably go down slowly. I'm having trouble with 2 pc's with 120 gb Sandisk extremes running out of space but I can hold out for lower prices too.

yeah wait... a somewhat "crappy" SSD is still miles ahead of a HDD for speed. Something like this is if you want storage and speed with some limitations (like a laptop with only one drive bay)... plus it can be a bit of a PITA to copy shit over from drives :D

This is a great drive and I've had 0 issues and/or BSOD's. It feels a little faster than my 830. I'm using my Sandisk as my OS drive, and it's been solid. I snagged mine last time Newegg had it for $170 with no regrets

I'm really tempted by this deal. I would have to pay sales tax at buy.com, so I'd rather buy from newegg instead of gambling on buy.com

storagereview gave this drive all praises. It looks faster than the Samsung 830. I'm not sure why people would rather buy the Crucial M4 at $200. This is a better price on a faster drive!
http://www.storagereview.com/sandisk_extreme_ssd_review

This doesn't seem like all that good of a deal to me. I guess the drive is that much better than other drives? Would you really see any performance difference getting this over an Agility 3 or something?

This doesn't seem like all that good of a deal to me. I guess the drive is that much better than other drives? Would you really see any performance difference getting this over an Agility 3 or something?

An Agility 3 costs the same price right now on Newegg. The Sandisk drive uses better flash memory and a custom firmware. In benchmarks it will blow away an OCZ Agility 3, in real life there may not be that much of a difference. Also the obligatory OCZ has major quality control issues comment needs to be posted.

Not really interested in Sandforces compressed gimmickry, give me a drive with real world performance.

I went ahead and bit -- because I got the drive for $159.99 shipped. Already got my tracking info and everything, funny enough I didn't get charged tax (Texas here) even though it said I would on slickdeals.

Used their $10 off for new customers, and a 5% cashback through fatwallet. For kicks i get another 1% cashback on my chase freedom so final absolute cost to me: $150.39 not bad for a top tier SSD with 4X the capasity I have now.

Will be putting my existing 64GB Kingston in my laptop (already got a 1TB in place of the optical bay drive) so I'll be getting upgrades on both my rigs :) hooray!

for 150 - that's a smoking ass deal.

Not really interested in Sandforces compressed gimmickry, give me a drive with real world performance.

I was concerned about this as well but the reviews at Newegg, Amazon and tech sights abolished that concern. That plus I have all the parts for my new build but the SSD drive. I'm tired of waiting for one of the other top SSDs to hit my price range. Long story short I dove in and now I hope I don't drown. ;)

Hmm ...

$169 / FS
- $10
- 12% Cashback
- 1% CC Cashback

= $138 shipped

That's a giggity.

Back