SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD $109 Free S&H

Now the 120GB under $1 a gig... again sooo tempted to buy two and RAID them. :D

Wow and I just bought a pair of the last gen 240gb ones yesterday to put my steam folder on. Kind of wish I could cancel and get 4 of these but it's already shipped :(

These SSD sales lately have been great, hopefully this pricing continues.

oos, damn you east coasters.
edit- weird, now it's in stock

Last edited:
Back in stock. Just picked up 2. Gonna replace my 2nd Gen Intel drive with a RAID 0 array using these. The Intel drive can replace my laptop's mechanical drive.

These are vertex3 quivalents, no?

I just added a 240GB to my vm server and it is smoking fast ....(phen2 965/Linux/ext4)

I believe these have the toggle nand (best right?)

These are vertex3 quivalents, no?

I just added a 240GB to my vm server and it is smoking fast ....(phen2 965/Linux/ext4)

I believe these have the toggle nand (best right?)

They use the same controller as the Vertex 3 but they use Sandisk 24nm toggle NAND and have a custom firmware.

Im waiting for an answer from someone before i pull the trigger on this...

I bit too, used the $10 off $50 coupon but tax brought it back up to $109. Not bad!

Edit: How does this Rakuten stuff work again, I got 2000 points out of it by clicking on promo banner.

i used to hear horror stories about the sandforce controller that this drive uses but that was back about 6 months ago. everyone preferred the micron controller in the crucial drives which is what i went with, but has there been any improvement since then? or is there still a high failure rate for sandforce based drives?

When I go to checkout I'm getting charged S&H and tax. :mad: Makes the deal less sweet.

edit: Nevermind about the S&H. I'm just retarded. Stupid taxes...

I have two of these and they run perfect. One for an OS drive and the other for games :D

Me too, couldn't resist, too bad i didn't look for any coupons first (10% coupon ?) Wish i could have sprung for the 240gb with it's faster speed but that'll wait for my next upgrade cycle.

The Hexus and Storagereview sites had plenty good to say, the perfect 5 star average at Newegg was just icing on the cake.

Thanks OP.

Edit: $10 off coupon, it *should* work for everyone, even previous customers.

Last edited:
This is just a killer deal for this drive and the review sold me on this. For 99 dollars with the new customer coupon its unbeatable.

looks like they added a limit of two. I didn't bite, but i'm tempted... I never set up a Raid-0 system before. ^_^

Oh man looks like its at 144 now. That just blows, I grabbed mine for 108 after shipping, using the new customer coupon. I didn't even need this and still ordered it because it could come in handy. It was just too good for a price to pass up.

I didn't know about the coupon when I ordered, but sent a message via their customer contact asking if they could apply it and they said yes. No hassle. As a first time buyer, I'm pretty happy with that customer service.

Deal looks dead here as well.

Oh man looks like its at 144 now. That just blows, I grabbed mine for 108 after shipping, using the new customer coupon. I didn't even need this and still ordered it because it could come in handy. It was just too good for a price to pass up.
Sounds like you didn't select the budget shipping option (free). Maybe try messaging their customer service to see if they could adjust that for you?

Deal looks dead here as well.

Sounds like you didn't select the budget shipping option (free). Maybe try messaging their customer service to see if they could adjust that for you?

I did select that option. I just paid tax on the 99.99 dollar price.

Ordered it wednesday night, and there it was on my doorstep today/friday, just in time for the weekend.

Hard to beat that :)

Back