sandisk 1tb $257

I paid $185 for my 960GB Ultra II and $249 for my 1TB crucial MX300 M.2. Although I did pay $500 for the 1TB Samsung 850 Pro in 2015. Not sure I would bite at this price at the moment.

Last edited:
Oops. I was in the middle of an edit and the paying job got in the way.. I thought I undid the edit. However I have multiple tabs open here.

Should I call 911?

This post had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe for a minute, and my family was asking what was wrong with me.

I paid $185 for my 960GB Ultra II and $249 for my 1TB crucial MX300 M.2. Although I did pay $500 for the 1TB Samsung 850 Pro in 2015. Not sure I would bite at this price at the moment.

Totally agree with you. SSD's (and memory) are not at an attractive price point currently. Unless I really had to upgrade I'd hold off. I bought a ton of memory (about 72GB of DDR3) last summer at prices way less than it is selling for now. Around the same time I bought a 480GB Transcend SSD for $110 and a pair of 256GB crucial mx100 drives for $50 each. Now a 240GB Transcend is selling for almost $100. Hard pass for me.

I'd bite on this drive at about $200. This price is not bad if I had to have something *now* though.

SSD's (and memory) are not at an attractive price point currently.
This price is not bad if I had to have something *now* though.

Yeah, it's so hard to buy when you've seen prices go up and you're used to a lower cost. Plus I got a 750GB for $90 on Black Friday and now my gut expects that to be the standard $/GB even though my mind knows that's not rational.

Thanks to the OP for posting anyway. It's not a bad deal and so it helps with keeping calibrated (or at least trying to recalibrate mentally ;)) to current market.

Back