Samsung’s Galaxy TabPro S2 Windows 10 Tablet One Step Closer To Launch

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I was dead set on getting the original TabPro S but never actually did, even though it got good reviews and seemed like a great (albeit less powerful) alternative to the Surface Pro. Now that the second iteration is on the way, I will definitely give the line another thought, especially since this version should perform better—one of the complaints about the original device, if I remember correctly, is that the Core M felt sluggish. But to be honest, the TabPro S line is less about performance and all about the AMOLED panel for me. Laptops with OLED displays kind of fizzled out (I don't think Lenovo ever restocked those ThinkPad X1 models), so this seems like one of the few options left to see Windows 10 with inky blacks.

Our report mentioned that Samsung is going to offer four models of the new Galaxy TabPro: SM-W728, SM-W727, SM-W723, and SM-W720. It’s possible that some of these variants might offer LTE support. We’ve spotted the Wi-Fi certification for the SM-W727V and it’s only a matter of time before the others go through this process as well. Details about the specifications of this tablet are slim at this point in time but it’s likely going to tout a 12-inch Super AMOLED display with 2160×1440 pixel resolution and the latest Intel Core M series processors. It’s possible that Samsung might launch this new Windows 10-powered tablet at the Mobile World Congress 2017 next month. The company is also expected to launch the Galaxy Tab S3 at this event.

Back