Samsung ZA model Soundbars - What are these?

Maddnotez

Limp Gawd
Anyone know what the ZA means?

I have been soundbar shopping, I have seen this happen before where a company will add a couple of random letters at the end that is not on their website. In this particular case I am looking at the Samsung HW-R60M/ZA.

When you search their site the model is not there. I was able to find a HW-R60M on their support section via google but it did not have the ZA.

This was part of a black friday deal I believe so I am assuming these are some lower quality one off model made for black friday and clearance specials? Hard to make a choice here, seems like a great deal and a great soundbar but if it is a low end wal mart special then IDK.

Edit: Sorry for the wasted bandwidth. I was able to find this quote with another search. Will leave here in case anyone else comes here searching for the same answer.

"ZA: This is the country marker letting us know it's a unit built for use in the USA. You'll see others like HW-K550/ZC in which the ZC means it was built for use in Canada."

Last edited:
It's where it was made. I worked in an LG factory and some stuff like TVs and subwoofers use to have this kind of suffix.

That is also done to denote the seller. For example, Costco and Best Buy will sell the "same" TV, but the model number listed will have a different suffix like that. It's likely just done to track the seller, but it also provides the seller a way to not have to price match.

That is also done to denote the seller. For example, Costco and Best Buy will sell the "same" TV, but the model number listed will have a different suffix like that. It's likely just done to track the seller, but it also provides the seller a way to not have to price match.

Yep, same thing with audio receivers and high-end kitchen appliances, exact make but slightly different model number just to be able to sell at warehouse price.

Back