Samsung Will Reportedly Announce Its Foldable Phone on Wednesday

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Mobile news site MySmartPrice claims that Samsung will unveil their foldable phone at the Samsung Developer Conference, which takes place in San Francisco on November 7. It will come with two Super AMOLED displays: a 7.3” main display, and a 4.6-inch secondary display. The latter will serve as the device’s primary display in phone mode.

Samsung was reportedly unable to decide whether or not it should add a 4.6-inch panel on the outside. On the plus side, a panel on the outside would allow users to perform basic smartphone tasks such as making phone calls and chat with friends without having to open the phone. On the other hand, the addition of a display on the outside would make the phone thicker and also increase power consumption. It would also raise the overall cost of manufacturing the device.

Definitely going to avoid the first generation of this model.

Just another feature no one has ever asked for.
The bixby button anyone?

Just another feature no one has ever asked for.
The bixby button anyone?
I think a lot of people are "asking" for this. They are combing a tablet sized screen folded with a standard phone on the outside. It's the next generation of the phablet except maybe will fit in a pocket... maybe you are still using your razr but this is very enticing to replace my aging s7 in the next couple years.

I'm sure everyone will be overwhelmed and without words when apple unveils their revolutionary fold-able phone 2 years from now ;)

Back