Samsung UN65KU6300 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV $999 @Amazon

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Samsung UN65KU6300 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model) is $999 @Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6BHEFW/

Enjoy 4K Ultra HD resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR) content that delivers greater clarity with Micro Dimming Pro and a fuller spectrum of color with Wide Color Enhancer. Access your favorite content quicker and easier with the new Samsung Smart TV platform powered by a Quad-Core Processor.

Good? Bad?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You got to go 8000 Series or higher to be really worth it. I've seen a lot of the lower end 4k TV's being returned to Best buy.

Last edited:
The KU6300 is a good line. I got the 60 inch for $500, easily the best TV purchase I have ever made.

FYI: Best Buy will price match Samsung's online EPP pricing if you show them the website on your mobile phone. Do a google search on how to start a free EPP account. Was able to get the 60" KS8000 for $879 last week (the 65" could have been had for $1175).

I got the 65 inch samsung ks8000 for 1079 from samsung epp during black friday weekend. Best damn purchase I ever made. Even 1080p upscaling makes my jaw drop. Color reproduction is unreal on this tv.

Thanks for the heads up on the Samsung EPP you guys. That put the 65" right in the price range I was waiting to buy it for. I'm super excited to finally see this 1070 GTX in it's proper glory.

I have the 6300 in the 50", and its a nice tv. Just make sure you have the right rated hdmi cables if you plan to run 4k content. Sounds dumb, but my computer would drop sync with the tv. I picked up a cheap 4k certified cable from frys and the issue went away. I picked up the 8000 65" a few weeks and for a few bucks more, it absolutely walks all over the 6300 in terms of display quality. Either way, both lines are great upgrades.

You got to go 8000 Series or higher to be really worth it. I've seen a lot of the lower end 4k TV's being returned to Best buy.

Bingo. Spend a little more and do it right and get the 8000 series.

Besides price, why not upgrade to the 9000 series? Reviews are very positive
9000 series is just 8000 series with a metal design I believe. nothing more to it according to reviews or any difference are not worth the money.

I have the 6300 in the 50", and its a nice tv. Just make sure you have the right rated hdmi cables if you plan to run 4k content. Sounds dumb, but my computer would drop sync with the tv. I picked up a cheap 4k certified cable from frys and the issue went away. I picked up the 8000 65" a few weeks and for a few bucks more, it absolutely walks all over the 6300 in terms of display quality. Either way, both lines are great upgrades.

Amazonbasics is doing me right from PC to TV at 4k.

My brother had a 65" 6300 series until he saw my 8000 55", he now has a 65" 8000 series too. Quality and picture is much better than the 6300.

Besides price, why not upgrade to the 9000 series? Reviews are very positive

The 9000 is the same internals as the 8000 except the 9000 is a curved screen. I felt like I saw a lot of glare on the curved screen so I opted for the 8000.

Looking at Amazon, in this case "a little more" is almost twice as much...

I got my 65" at best buy, day after black friday for 1440$ + tax. I felt like I did ok. Wait a smidge longer, gut feeling says in a few days you'll get it for the price if not cheaper as they dump stock.

I got my 65" at best buy, day after black friday for 1440$ + tax. I felt like I did ok. Wait a smidge longer, gut feeling says in a few days you'll get it for the price if not cheaper as they dump stock.

yea got my 65ks8000 at samsung epp for $1079+ tax there few weeks long black friday sale, amazing price to be honest. I wasnt even looking for a new tv. But it's the best purchase I have made in a while don't regret it a bit.

Last I checked its sitting at 1379+ tax with samung EPP .

65KS8500 (Curved version of what I got) is at $1149.99 as of this moment. You need a work email to register with or link your existing account with your work email, it will ask you to verify. I didn't go with curved tv because I just prefer flat due to viewing angles. But that is still one heck of a deal.

Last edited:
9000 series is just 8000 series with a metal design I believe. nothing more to it according to reviews or any difference are not worth the money.
No. The 9000 has Supreme Motion Rate 240 (vs 8000 with Motion Rate 240), upgraded dimming technology, and it's brighter. For some people, these are "minor" and not worth the extra coin. I paid < $1900 shipped for the 9000, and it can be had for around $1700 today. I like to have the best technology, though, and I can afford to get what I want--within reason, of course.

The 9000 is the same internals as the 8000 except the 9000 is a curved screen. I felt like I saw a lot of glare on the curved screen so I opted for the 8000.
See above.

Got an open box 8500 from best buy yesterday.

Man it's beautiful. Trying to work around the input lag when using my HTPC though, not having much luck.

No. The 9000 has Supreme Motion Rate 240 (vs 8000 with Motion Rate 240), upgraded dimming technology, and it's brighter. For some people, these are "minor" and not worth the extra coin. I paid < $1900 shipped for the 9000, and it can be had for around $1700 today. I like to have the best technology, though, and I can afford to get what I want--within reason, of course.

See above.

Of-course, but every review I read said little to no difference between the two. I would not pay extra for motion rate stuff. That alone doesn't justify a 800 dollar price premium. I literally saw absolutely no difference between the color quality on too and resolution. That is what matters the most to people. 9000 is brighter? put two next to one another and tell me if you see a difference. I bet you 9 out of ten people don't see it. 8000 series is frickin as bright as I want a tv. Shit is bright lol

I still don't see how that makes it worth the upgrade and price premium over the 8000. Sure your money, buy whatever you want but to most buyers if (keyword is if) they knew the differences 9/10 will purchase a 8000 series. That $800-$900 price premium can easily be used towards other stuff like a quality sound setup along with a nice 4K blu ray player and probably left over to spare.

Back