Samsung UN55JS8500 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV (2015 Model) is $1447 @Amazon.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Samsung UN55JS8500 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV (2015 Model) is $1447 @Amazon. It is sold by Adorama Camera it seems. Free Shipping also.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55J...1457536425&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+un55js8500

Seemed like it might be a good deal. I haven't turned on a TV for myself since 2003 so feel free to shoot holes into this post. I noticed that some users are using Samsung TV's as monitors nowadays is why I posted it. AMD and Nvidia users can use the new Club3D adapters to utilize HDMI 2.0 if their video cards don't have it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
And the low-balling is here. Great deal for a 65" JS8500! Fine UHD TV. Perfect time for people to grab last years models.

Quick Edit: Sorry I thought it was for a 65" Just warm @ this point.

I have no idea what these really go for. I was hoping that readers would determine if the deal is good or not in the comments. Feel free to discuss the merits of the pricing and features of the TV. I just knew that guys like this series for PC Gaming. ;)

This is a great low latency TV for the size, I believe it's in the low 20ms range? I have the 65" model that I bought back in August for around $2400 and it was totally worth it. Currently it's at the lowest price its ever been but that's because newer stuff will be releasing and last years models will start getting price drops so expect this to be around the norm. Not so much a hotdeal as it is a luke warm deal.

Adorama/Buydig have had this model for the last few weeks for $1250 or so, I think the lowest it has been is $1200. Adorama/Buydig are authorized Samsung dealers and you may even save on tax in your state.

Samsung UN55JS8500 55" Class 4K SUHD Smart 3D LED TV

I wish they had this in a 60", I personally ended up getting the 60" JU7090 as a super bowl special and love it, huge improvement over my old D7000 and the quality of the panels has gone up tremendously in the last few years. 3D looks amazing too, really glad I waited for a model in the $1000 and lower price point that included 3D as most did not.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ive been out of the TV game for a while so is 3d still a thing people care about?

Im looking to buy a 65-70" in a few months.

Ive been out of the TV game for a while so is 3d still a thing people care about?

Im looking to buy a 65-70" in a few months.
It mainly depends on a few things, do you watch most of your movies in the theatre in 3D? Do you buy 3D blu-rays? Generally in the 65-70" range you are already looking at premium panels with the higher end features, so 3D will be more or less standard still with some of the features you will probably be paying a premium for anyways, 4:4:4 chroma, HDCP 2.2, 120+Hz processing rate, 10-bit/HDR color. Its like one of those things, if you pay for the leather heated seats, you generally get the moonroof too.

Personally I do still watch movies in 3D and the ones I already own look amazing, even better than the theatres. All the Hobbit movies, Gravity, Avatar, if you have kids all the 3D/animated cartoons look amazing ofc too. I am sure Star Wars Force Awakens will look amazing too once it is released.

For other generated content, like PC gaming, its probably not worth it at this point, I used to mess around with it from my main PC using 3D Vision and checkerboard 3D, but now I can't be bothered with it since it takes a bit of configuration, any games I play in 3D I just do on my main gaming rig.

It mainly depends on a few things, do you watch most of your movies in the theatre in 3D? Do you buy 3D blu-rays? Generally in the 65-70" range you are already looking at premium panels with the higher end features, so 3D will be more or less standard still with some of the features you will probably be paying a premium for anyways, 4:4:4 chroma, HDCP 2.2, 120+Hz processing rate, 10-bit/HDR color. Its like one of those things, if you pay for the leather heated seats, you generally get the moonroof too.

Personally I do still watch movies in 3D and the ones I already own look amazing, even better than the theatres. All the Hobbit movies, Gravity, Avatar, if you have kids all the 3D/animated cartoons look amazing ofc too. I am sure Star Wars Force Awakens will look amazing too once it is released.

For other generated content, like PC gaming, its probably not worth it at this point, I used to mess around with it from my main PC using 3D Vision and checkerboard 3D, but now I can't be bothered with it since it takes a bit of configuration, any games I play in 3D I just do on my main gaming rig.

I dont watch anything in 3D and I wont be doing any gaming on it cause I have a dedicated gaming PC already. TV will be used strictly for TV and movies....of course streaming Amazon and Netflix.

I picked up this TV a few months back when it was at $1250 from Adorama. Just make sure to inspect everything as my first TV had some bad cracks in it. Their support was great and I had a replacement in a few days.

My bet is the 55" JS8500 will be $1200.00 or lower pretty soon. It's a great panel. If it was $1250.00 when I purchased my Sony 850C, I may have bought it. Both are great.

My bet is the 55" JS8500 will be $1200.00 or lower pretty soon. It's a great panel. If it was $1250.00 when I purchased my Sony 850C, I may have bought it. Both are great.

I agree with the incoming price drop. The big names in TVs are getting ready to launch their HDR models this year, though support for the different versions of HDR vary. Expect new models all around within the next couple months while these get a bit cheaper. Still, this is around the best price I've seen so far.

I dont watch anything in 3D and I wont be doing any gaming on it cause I have a dedicated gaming PC already. TV will be used strictly for TV and movies....of course streaming Amazon and Netflix.
In that case don't bother paying extra for 3D, but if you buy one of these higher end premium panels with 10-bit/HDR color or Ultra Premium panel, 120Hz processor, you will probably get 3D anyways.

I picked this TV up a few months ago for $1200. Football games looked amazing on it :D

I picked this TV up a few months ago for $1200. Football games looked amazing on it :D

have you tried anything else on it? Im hoping with my taxes i can pick up the 48" or 55"? Its going to be used probably as much for a pc monitor as all other uses combined.

I stream PLEX from my main server to it for movies. I also stream netflix. Have a blurray hooked to it. Quality of image is outstanding. Sound is great, not excellent as it's still a tv, but it's really good. Have not used it as a pc monitor as I already have a 1080p samsung 40" for that. For sound I'm using an LG 300w soundbar with sub.

If you decide on it, get the 55" over the 48" unless space is a constraint. There are 2 styles of 55" for this model: One has a pedestal (pictured in the first post) and the other has those "feet".

Back