Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K - $449 - BACK ONE DAY ONLY on 5/13

Got my shipping notice. Mine is coming from Temple also. Should be here tomorrow. Although the way FedEx has been working lately things hit the dist center in Ft. Worth where normally they would sort over night and ship out that morning. Oh no They sit there all damn day long and don't ship until the following morning. This has happened the last two times. So I'll be expecting a delivery window update email stating it won't be delivered until Wed.

I've also ordered something from Newegg once that hit that dist center then never updated any other tracking information. Fedex specifically told me over the phone it was lost. So I had to contact Newegg to get my money back since they didn't have any others in stock to ship me. There is just something very strange going on with that dist center and it's 20 or so minutes away. :-( For a package your waiting on to hit that place at say midnight and not head out that morning. UGH!

Flip side for me anyway I read recently that a dist center is coming local to Arlington so I really can't wait for that to happen.

Now something that really stinks is my monoprice hdmi cable won't get here until Thursday. Why did I pay the extra $4 for Priority when they aren't going to get it here in 2-3 days like it said. They printed a label at 6:48 am but didn't get it shipped today. SMH. I should have went with the cable from amazon that was posted in this thread. Prime would have gotten that here in time.

Dug through my cables and seems I have a bunch of unmarked hdmi cables and one that says 1.3b :-( I know I have 1.4 that I could rob from my daily computer since it's only a 1920x1080 but that's what I'll be limited to with the 43" if using that cable anyway if I want 60hz. So might as well just connect the 1.3b for now until my monoprice 2.0 cable comes in. :-( Guess it will be a few days before I get to really try out the display.

Side note some more shinanigans going on at FedEx:

A0n5R5s.jpg

It has now updated to:

8:06 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery FORT WORTH, TX

Which in turn means another hour or so will go by and I'll get an email that states your delivery window has been updated to Wed (This is what has happened for the last two FedEx packages that have hit the truck for delivery but haven't ended up changing to out for delivery the same day.) SMH

Last edited:
Use HDMI 1, change type to PC, expert settings enable deep color. In windows, enable 4:4:4 8bit color. Dont worry about the HDR+ setting, its irrelevant. Experiment with Game mode. I have it off but its a personal preference. All set.

This is the cable I use, no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WHI2HO0/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Didn't see deep color in Expert settings. Didn't set the 4:4:4 8 bit in windows yet either since the hdmi cable I have is 1.3b (where exactly is this setting though) Crazy thing is I have full resolution choice @ 60hz for both the full res and the same full res but native. So I have it set on that with 60hz selected. I shouldn't be able to get this res with the hdmi cable I have but I can. Doom was sweet. BF1 with full res and ultra was pretty damn sweet too with fps around 57-60.

At one point I turned something on/off that it didn't like. I had my desktop in the background of the tv menu and then after the setting the background went totally black. The only way I could seem to get it back was to reset the tv and listen to that glorious setup music all over again. Which by the way surprised the hell out of me when I went to setup the tv. I wasn't expecting tunes while going through the setup process on a tv. LOL

I'm really rather impressed with this set although I only spent about 15 min in Doom, 15-20 in BF1, and about 10 min in NR2K3. Should have tried out FH3 also to see how it holds up to twitchy fast arcade racing over sim racing.

Damn good investment for me for more real estate and 4K. Well wasn't an investment at all. Since I sold the U3415W for $550. This was $536.76 after the 4 year extended warranty and tack on another $11.29 for the hdmi 2.0 cable I made out with a profit of $1.95. I say profit because I made $100 off the Dell from what I originally paid for it and then this 43", extended warranty, and hdmi 2.0 cable were under the $550 I got from the Dell sale.

I just have to work on getting used to it being so low since neither monitor stand I have are big enough to hold it so it's a bit lower then I would like.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Didn't see deep color in Expert settings. Didn't set the 4:4:4 8 bit in windows yet either since the hdmi cable I have is 1.3b (where exactly is this setting though) Crazy thing is I have full resolution choice @ 60hz for both the full res and the same full res but native. So I have it set on that with 60hz selected. I shouldn't be able to get this res with the hdmi cable I have but I can. Doom was sweet. BF1 with full res and ultra was pretty damn sweet too with fps around 57-60.

At one point I turned something on/off that it didn't like. I had my desktop in the background of the tv menu and then after the setting the background went totally black. The only way I could seem to get it back was to reset the tv and listen to that glorious setup music all over again. Which by the way surprised the hell out of me when I went to setup the tv. I wasn't expecting tunes while going through the setup process on a tv. LOL

I'm really rather impressed with this set although I only spent about 15 min in Doom, 15-20 in BF1, and about 10 min in NR2K3. Should have tried out FH3 also to see how it holds up to twitchy fast arcade racing over sim racing.

Damn good investment for me for more real estate and 4K. Well wasn't an investment at all. Since I sold the U3415W for $550. This was $536.76 after the 4 year extended warranty and tack on another $11.29 for the hdmi 2.0 cable I made out with a profit of $1.95. I say profit because I made $100 off the Dell from what I originally paid for it and then this 43", extended warranty, and hdmi 2.0 cable were under the $550 I got from the Dell sale.

I just have to work on getting used to it being so low since neither monitor stand I have are big enough to hold it so it's a bit lower then I would like.

Sorry, its called HDMI UHD Color. The 4:4:4 8 bit would under your graphics cards settings. If its Nvidia, its the Nvidia Control Panel, Change resolution tab. Never had an AMD card but Im sure its pretty similar.

Reactions: scgt1
like this
Sorry, its called HDMI UHD Color. The 4:4:4 8 bit would under your graphics cards settings. If its Nvidia, its the Nvidia Control Panel, Change resolution tab. Never had an AMD card but Im sure its pretty similar.

That may have been the setting I changed and the actual desktop display just went black and forced me to reset the settings. I guess I'll wait to do anything else until the hdmi 2.0 cable comes in. :--/

That may have been the setting I changed and the actual desktop display just went black and forced me to reset the settings. I guess I'll wait to do anything else until the hdmi 2.0 cable comes in. :--/

Yes, the Hi Speed cable is required for that if you also set it in the GPU settings.

Received mine from BB today. Going to set it up later tonight and move my AMH 40" 4K downstairs to my son's computer. ;)

Got mine yesterday but didn't get around to setting it up until today. Really pleased with the the panel overall, definitely nicer than the 6290 in almost every way. I don't really notice the curve too much at about 2 feet away during normal usage. Native 4K with 100% scaling in windows is comfortable, while smaller 27" and even 32" displays needed 125-150% scaling. Great time to be alive when you can buy a great 43" 4K HDTV that is better than comparable monitors for $450 shipped. Even retired the G-Sync OG Swift for this panel, haven't tried PC games yet with it but friends I trust have said the input lag isn't that bad.

Pic below, yep, that's a switch attached to it. :)

Attachments

• newscreens.jpg
    newscreens.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 45
Got mine yesterday but didn't get around to setting it up until today. Really pleased with the the panel overall, definitely nicer than the 6290 in almost every way. I don't really notice the curve too much at about 2 feet away during normal usage. Native 4K with 100% scaling in windows is comfortable, while smaller 27" and even 32" displays needed 125-150% scaling. Great time to be alive when you can buy a great 43" 4K HDTV that is better than comparable monitors for $450 shipped. Even retired the G-Sync OG Swift for this panel, haven't tried PC games yet with it but friends I trust have said the input lag isn't that bad.

Pic below, yep, that's a switch attached to it. :)

Yeah, the curve is subtle and having owned 6xxx and 7xxx models from 2015 I agree that the 7 series is better. But the 6290 is a sick display for the price, too!

Yeah, the curve is subtle and having owned 6xxx and 7xxx models from 2015 I agree that the 7 series is better. But the 6290 is a sick display for the price, too!
No doubt about it, I think the KU7500 at $450 is what many enthusiasts would be willing to pay for a really nice 4K monitor, the fact its a huge HDTV that's better than most PC 4K monitors is just bonus. At the same time, the KU6290 at $300 or less feels like stealing. If my local Costco ever got the 6290 again I would've been perfectly happy buying a 2nd for myself, that said, I've no regrets spending $160 more (minus $75 in certs) on this display since it is definitely an upgrade.

Literally as I was just now reading this post, I got a popup on my 7500 for a sowtware update. New version is 1169. Dont know whats new yet as I have to do some digging. I snagged a 6290 a few weeks ago for $300. Paired it with my new 1080Ti to make the jump to 4k PC gaming. Having had both, the 6290 is definitely a great monitor for the price but the 7500 blows it away especially at the $450 price point.

It was showing out of stock for me but after 15 minutes of refreshes it came back. Ordered 1.
Its the same as Saturday's 1 day sale, they went in and out of stock all day long. Tomorrow when this is no longer deal of the day they'll have more to sell. I expect a few more of these $430-450 price sales until they are all gone similar to the KU6290s. Samsung is obviously liquidating them through multiple channels as they are technically last year's models (but still awesome).

Mine shipped directly from MN (BB HQ) in a double-box, great condition overall.

Literally as I was just now reading this post, I got a popup on my 7500 for a sowtware update. New version is 1169. Dont know whats new yet as I have to do some digging. I snagged a 6290 a few weeks ago for $300. Paired it with my new 1080Ti to make the jump to 4k PC gaming. Having had both, the 6290 is definitely a great monitor for the price but the 7500 blows it away especially at the $450 price point.
Dangit! This is not what my wallet wanted to hear. I also love my 6290 + a 1080Ti driving it, but your "blows it away" assessment forced me to give the order button some business. Now to figure out who to give the 6290.

Nevermind. I ordered one to compare one side by side to my 6290/6300.

Last edited:
It seems that upgrade-itis struck quite a few of you! :)

Having owned a 2015 JU6700, a JU7500, and JS9000 I can say that at first, the 7xxx series did not seem worth it because there was a significant price difference between the 6xxx sets and the 7xxx sets. But with this being within $150 bones of the 6290, it's kind of a no-brainer because it's a noticeably better set as far as panel/processing/etc., you get the curve which is kinda cool, and you step up from a 40" to a 43" as well.

For the 2015 models, Samsung only offered 40" and 48" sizes (as well as larger ones, but those were way too large for a typical desktop use scenario IMO). I actually owned both the 40" and 48" models (both curved) and liked both of them for different reasons...the 40" seemed more "manageable" in daily use but native 4K text was easier to read on the 48" and the thing provides a damn near IMAX-like gaming experience. Because I liked both of them for different reasons, I always said that a 43"/44" would probably be the perfect size but Samsung did not make a 43" in 2015 so I was forced to settle for another size OR buy the Sony 43". It's awesome to finally be able to pick up a Samsung 43" set. I don't think it'll replace my 48" JS9000 that I use on my gaming rig but I'll either use it as a second monitor or perhaps use it instead of the 40" KU6290 that I bought a while back for my office at work.

Glad to see so many of you hopping on board - these are truly great sets and you can always repurpose them as TVs when the time comes for your next monitor upgrade. Although I can't imagine upgrading from these to anything but OLED or a 120 Hz 4K set...outside of those, these are what I would call "end game" or "grail" monitors. :)

Last edited:
Glad to see so many of you hopping on board - these are truly great sets and you can always repurpose them as TVs when the time comes for your next monitor upgrade. Although I can't imagine upgrading from these to anything but OLED or a 120 Hz 4K set...outside of those, these are what I would call "end game" or "grail" monitors. :)

I really believe that my 6290 is an "end game" monitor. However I have wondered if using a curved screen would make the experience a little better. I dunno if it will be worth the difference in price between this and what I paid for the 6290 but with easy returns I can't lose.

This is super temping at this price. If I saw this before I purchased 3 of the 6290's, I would have bought 1 KU7500 and only 2 of the 6290s.

I am still not sold on curved. Previously I had a Samsung UN40JU7500 and I hated it because of the curve and horrible VA shift. It was also not so cheap. I purchased it back in 2015 and it cost me more than the $300-450 that these are currently selling for. If it was less expensive, maybe I would still have it.

Also, these Samsung sets are all VA panels and that kills them for me as an "end game" monitor. The closest I have come to that would be the Philips BDM4350UC. This was about the best 4k monitor I have used or seen so far. It would have been perfect if not for the screen burn issues. Due to that issue I had no choice but to send it back. Again not cheap enough to make the kind of sacrifice.

I think the value proposition of a $300-500 40-43" 4k display is absolutely amazing.

Looking forward to read some of the comparisons between the 6290 and 7500.

When I bought my 6290 a few weeks back, the 7500 was still ~ $800 which was more than I wanted to spend and more than twice the price of the 6290 so I "settled" for the 6290. I really enjoyed it and thought I wouldnt be replacing it anytime soon. A couple weeks later, BJs had the 7500 for $450. Now, at that price point, it was easier to justify for only $150 more. Pulled the trigger, sold the 6290 for what I originally paid for it and could not possibly be happier. Much more immersive being 43' and curved. I have it wall mounted and sit about 3 feet from it. Now, I cant see buying another monitor until its an OLED curved around $450.

Wife received the TV at home while I was at work.. she thinks I'm bat shit insane for using it as a monitor, lol. Not sure how to explain this to a "normie" :D

Good to hear all this praise for this set though. Can't wait to get my 1060 in so my PC can actually output a 4K res to it now. I'll def be testing this out with my PS4 Pro tonight though.

When I bought my 6290 a few weeks back, the 7500 was still ~ $800 which was more than I wanted to spend and more than twice the price of the 6290 so I "settled" for the 6290. I really enjoyed it and thought I wouldnt be replacing it anytime soon. A couple weeks later, BJs had the 7500 for $450. Now, at that price point, it was easier to justify for only $150 more. Pulled the trigger, sold the 6290 for what I originally paid for it and could not possibly be happier. Much more immersive being 43' and curved. I have it wall mounted and sit about 3 feet from it. Now, I cant see buying another monitor until its an OLED curved around $450.

So you found it worth the effort to sell your 6290 and upgrade to the 7500? Hm... decisions decisions.

Well, that's $450 I didn't plan on spending today... Hopefully I don't find it too big.

Have a scuffed/defective pixel in the lower right, so this one will go back. Kept the cardboard/cover on the panel the entire time it was being moved/installed so not damaged during set-up. I would say it is a little bit on the tall end but still awesome amount of real-estate for everything.

Id say worth the upgrade if you can relocate that 6900 to like the bedroom..

Just like i could.. but theres other areas to blow $500 at.

Ill wait for 100+hz g-sync 4k screens first before i move this 6900 screen.

Back in stock at Best Buy, I just grabbed one. Thanks guys for updating this thread, I didn't pull the trigger on the BJs or Sam's deal (not a member) and missed the first Best Buy sale.

Time to FINALLY replace my fossilized Westinghouse LVM-37w1!!

Time to FINALLY replace my fossilized Westinghouse LVM-37w1!!

Oh my gosh. I had (and loved) that unit back in the day. You're in for a treat; this is a huge upgrade and you get to keep the awesome VA black & contrast levels. :)

Got my TV unboxed and setup. Can't really use it properly on my PC until my 1060 comes in, but I went ahead and hooked it up anyways along with my PS4 Pro and learned something retarded about the TV. Apparently only HDMI 1 supports "HDMI UHD Color" in the TV options despite it showing options to select HDMI 2 and 3, but it just says "this function isn't available when you try to enable it on either of those ports. This option is required to be enabled for my PS4 Pro to support 2160p RGB and subsequently HDR, so it only shows 2160p YUV420 mode available and that my TV doesn't support HDR because of that. Yet when I switch over to HDMI 1, it lets me select 2160p RGB and shows HDR is supported on my TV then. I'm not sure what the difference is between RGB and YUV420, I just know my PS4 Pro doesn't support/detect HDR on anything besides the RGB mode.

I was following this guide from Digital Foundry (excellent channel btw) on how to set up HDR for 2016 Samsung TVs. It says in the description they recommend a KS7000 or KS8000 TV, which they're using a KS7000 that seems to support this feature and HDMI 2.0 on all of its HDMI ports.

Moderately annoying my TV shows all of my HDMI inputs on this settings menu, but doesn't let you enable it on any of them except the 1st one. I also have an issue where it isn't letting me select Game mode (or HDR Mode actually) on HDMI 1 (PC) whether or not UHD Color is enabled or not (you seem them toggle Game mode at 1:14 in that video too). But I do have the option of toggling Game or HDR mode on HDMI 2 (PS4 Pro), just not the UHD Color option so my PS4 can fully support it still.

I saw on rtings that you have to use HDMI 1 to enable this mode and get 4:4:4 Chroma working for PC input, so it seems that I can't use my PC and PS4 Pro on the TV and have it fully support both devices on different inputs. Pretty annoying.. esp since HDMI 2 and 3 are options in the UHD color setting menu, but apparently they're just there to remind you that they're not supported when you click on them. So it seems I have to drop another $50 or so for a HDMI 2.0 splitter so I can plug my PC and PS4 Pro into the only HDMI 2.0 input that this TV has. :shifty:

Edit: I should have watched that video all the way to the end where they mention that it's not really worth using HDR on these KU panels. I guess I'll just "get by" without trying to get HDR working on my PS4 Pro on HDMI 2 then. Oh well.

Last edited:
Have a scuffed/defective pixel in the lower right, so this one will go back. Kept the cardboard/cover on the panel the entire time it was being moved/installed so not damaged during set-up. I would say it is a little bit on the tall end but still awesome amount of real-estate for everything.

So it seems I have to drop another $50 or so for a HDMI 2.0 splitter so I can plug my PC and PS4 Pro into the only HDMI 2.0 input that this TV has.

That really blows for both of you guys sorry. :-(

Side note for T4rd there are far cheaper options available out there for a 4K HDMI splitter. Do you have a Frys local? I've seen one the last couple of daily promo code adds for like $14-$20. I'm sure Monoprice has something also and they have promo codes in the Hot Deals section. I'm sure Newegg has other alternatives also that are cheaper.
The one below was from Wed's 2 day so it's dead as of yesterday but I've seen them pop in almost weekly. FYI $22.73 at Newegg right now.

Attachments

• box_31b.jpg
    box_31b.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
This is super temping at this price. If I saw this before I purchased 3 of the 6290's, I would have bought 1 KU7500 and only 2 of the 6290s.

I am still not sold on curved. Previously I had a Samsung UN40JU7500 and I hated it because of the curve and horrible VA shift. It was also not so cheap. I purchased it back in 2015 and it cost me more than the $300-450 that these are currently selling for. If it was less expensive, maybe I would still have it.

Also, these Samsung sets are all VA panels and that kills them for me as an "end game" monitor. The closest I have come to that would be the Philips BDM4350UC. This was about the best 4k monitor I have used or seen so far. It would have been perfect if not for the screen burn issues. Due to that issue I had no choice but to send it back. Again not cheap enough to make the kind of sacrifice.

I think the value proposition of a $300-500 40-43" 4k display is absolutely amazing.

Looking forward to read some of the comparisons between the 6290 and 7500.

See, I disagree slightly on a few points but nothing wrong with that - that's why it's great to have choices. :)

Personally I find the curve subtle but noticeable...I don't have to have it, but I prefer it. I think it lends a bit more immersion and is probably more beneficial on large monitors since it helps bring the far edges of the screen in a bit. It's a very subjective thing, though...I remember most people in the huge Samsung thread going for the curve but some were like you and preferred the flat models.

VA panels have their pros and cons (like everything else) but I'm not sure what could be better at this price. I'm with you...for closer to a thousand dollars, this monitor is a different value proposition than it is at $450 due to the 6290 hitting such a sweet spot in terms of value. But an IPS of this size would probably suffer from terrible IPS glow if you were close to it (it was bad enough on the 34" ultra widescreen monitors that I had) and even if that wasn't an issue you'd lose the awesome black levels and contrast.

The Philips BDM4350UC looked like an interesting option. I have been following their displays since the original BDM4065UC, which I was really excited for as it was one of the first 40" 4K displays with SST, but it had some issues that put me off so I ended up going with the Samsung. Then they released the BDM4350UC which sounded great in theory but to me, the screen burn issues that plague these Philips displays are absolutely inexcusable. It's ridiculous that everyone else can make displays that are not affected that way, and Philips can't (or won't for whatever inexplicable reason). But others said that they either didn't have the problem or that it didn't bother them so I'm not sure if only certain units suffered from this or not but I wasn't willing to risk it. I decided that if I wanted to try an IPS panel I'd probably pick up the Sony 43" X830C which did 4:4:4 as well as 120 Hz at 1080p.

But I do fully agree that now that at the prices that we've been seeing, this is a great time to take the plunge and get into a large 4K display for not much money. It boggles my mind that the 34" 21:9 displays cost more than these do...even the ones without Freesync/G-Sync! I owned two, and IMO they weren't nearly as impressive (and cost $800-$900 each!) :confused:

I always thought the curved sets existed just because they could. For PC use though, I really do appreciate the curve. First off for gaming, the immersion factor is significant in my opinion. Racing games and FPS are a sight to see with this monitor. For everyday web browsing, the curve really brings those edges in and makes text easier to read. Now, for home theater use, I dont think I would be sold. As said earlier, at this price point, its a no brainer.

Do either of the usb ports actually supply power?
Got my firestick in the mail today from the DTV Now deal. Connected a short usb cable I have to the firestick and have tried both usb ports and the Firestick complains about having enough power when connected to either port. Maybe it's just the cable I used.

Do either of the usb ports actually supply power?
Got my firestick in the mail today from the DTV Now deal. Connected a short usb cable I have to the firestick and have tried both usb ports and the Firestick complains about having enough power when connected to either port. Maybe it's just the cable I used.

Haven't tried it on this specific TV yet, but my Fire stick runs fine off of my other Samsung and LG TVs if I plug it into the "HDD" USB port for power. I would expect it to work the same on this TV.

Back