Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K - $449 - BACK ONE DAY ONLY on 5/13

Seventyfive

[H]ard|Gawd
UPDATE 5/12/17: Looks like it will be back for 1 day only on 5/13/17

https://slickdeals.net/f/10145200-s...-b-m-and-online-w-free-shipping-may-13th-only

http://www.bjs.com/samsung-un43ku75---43-4k-uhd-curved-smart-led-tv.product.3000000000000818590

Free shipping, no tax (at least in CA)
Discount will show up on the last checkout screen
  • Product Features:

• Active Crystal Technology makes every picture mesmerizing
  • 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) for incredible picture and dramatic detail
  • 43" slim curve design for immersive viewing
  • High Dynamic Range dramatically brightens every image and enhances contrast
  • Motion Rate 120 for crisp fast-action scenes
  • Smart TV with web browser and apps powered by a quad-core processor
  • UHD Dimming provides optimized contrast, color and sharpness for true-to-life image quality
  • UHD upscaling upgrades lower resolution movies and TV shows to a stunning near ultra high-definition
  • Easily navigate your smart TV with the smart remote control
  • Includes TV, stand, smart remote control, power cord, instruction manual
  • Warranty: 1 year limited

511uUHAImCL._SX300_.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like a decent deal when you consider that the 40" KU6300 was this price not long ago, which is smaller and a lower end model.

Let me be clear: for a TV this probably won't seem like a stellar deal due to the curve and the fact that you can get larger models for around this price or a little more...but as a 4K monitor these things are extremely impressive and no dedicated PC monitors can touch them from a price/size/value standpoint.

Nice deal! The KU6300 is a great 4K desktop and I am sure this higher end unit is even better as others mentioned. If bestbuy had it I would definitively snag one with reward certs.

I actually use the 43" 6300 as a monitor right now but i'm going to move it into my loft and use this as my monitor. I think 43" is the perfect size but always wished it was curved.

I think this is a good as we move into this donut hole of new 4k tv's being > 48" while the largest monitors are around 34". Unfortunately, I think 43" is the perfect size for a desktop monitor... at least until we get 8k.

What's the differentce between the JU and the KU? I paid $1800 for my 48" JU7500 a couple years ago.

What's the differentce between the JU and the KU? I paid $1800 for my 48" JU7500 a couple years ago.

I think mainly just a little bit less input lag. I don't remember all of the differences but it wasn't worth me replacing my JS9000 with a KS series, especially with OLED displays coming down in price.

Just picked this up from my local BJs to replace the 40KU6290 I bought a couple weeks ago. I originally wanted this one but it was $700+ at the time and I didnt want to spend that much. Just got it up and running and it is a definite improvement (pic wise and aesthetic) in my game room. Really happy with this purchase. My local BJs had 3 left and the cashier who must know a little about TVs was surprised at the price. Sweet deal!.. Now, to sell my 2 week old 40KU6290! :)

Sam's club is offering this TV with a PS4 Pro for $800 right now. Pretty tempting even though I already have a PS4. But I could just sell it too to make a couple hundred back off of it.

I don't have a 4K TV/Monitor right now, but would like to make this my main PC monitor, I think. What would be the best value ($350 or less, I think) graphics card to drive this resolution for some decent gaming?

If it's 4:4:4 does that mean it's 10-bit?

Bummed it doesn't mention having HDR. I have a humongous desk and I've been using a 43" LG 4K monitor to game on. I've been wanting to switch to a 43" curved setup but I have grown attached to the HDR for movies and PS4.

Bummed it doesn't mention having HDR. I have a humongous desk and I've been using a 43" LG 4K monitor to game on. I've been wanting to switch to a 43" curved setup but I have grown attached to the HDR for movies and PS4.

Heres a good quote i've read..

No HDMI cable will allow 4:4:4 10bit 4k 60hz from my understanding. Currently HDMI does not have the bandwidth to support it. You can only get 4:4:4 8bit 4k 60hz or 4:2:2 10bit 4k 60hz.

Also the samsung 40" Un40ku6290 has HDR mode..

Says on the link I gave on the Sam's Club page (in the description):

HDR Premium
Displays HDR (High Dynamic Range) content from new generation Ultra HD Blu-Ray, HDR streaming content, and HDR content available on Vidity compliant storage devices. Meets CTA HDR-compatible requirements.

I'm not up on all the current display tech though, so not sure if this is "true" HDR or some marketing gimmick employed by Samsung. I don't even know what G-sync is, 4:4:4 Chroma, or any of the other stuff that I keep seeing people bring up. Need to research some of this stuff at some point, heh.

Says on the link I gave on the Sam's Club page (in the description):

I'm not up on all the current display tech though, so not sure if this is "true" HDR or some marketing gimmick employed by Samsung. I don't even know what G-sync is, 4:4:4 Chroma, or any of the other stuff that I keep seeing people bring up. Need to research some of this stuff at some point, heh.

Bro, I'm with you...I'm not nearly as up on A/V tech as I'd like to be, but I do know what these things are. Just a few short years ago I didn't know what 4:4:4 chroma subsampling was, or why it was important.

In a nutshell:

G-Sync (nVidia) and Freesync (AMD) make gameplay smoother (reduces or eliminates tearing and choppiness up to X Hz, whatever your monitor supports)
4:4:4 is typically only a concern when talking about using TVs as monitors. If 4:4:4 is supported you're going to get the crispest text (no color information being omitted) which results in the display looking like a true purpose-built computer monitor. TVs without 4:4:4 (thankfully fewer these days) can still make good monitors, but some text can be fuzzy and/or lacking in quality. It's generally not a big deal for games but can be noticeable on the desktop.
HDR = high dynamic range which is one of the newer mainstream improvements to picture quality. Supposedly, some of the earlier HDR implementations weren't "true" HDR. Here's an overview: https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-hdr-for-tvs-and-why-should-you-care/

This isn't true HDR, I believe it's technically an 8 bit panel with dithering.

If anyone bought this, you don't get gsync or freesync but you can use nvidia fast sync if you're on an nvidia card. I just set mine to be a global override and it works great.

upload_2016-5-17_19-18-8-png.161068

This isn't true HDR, I believe it's technically an 8 bit panel with dithering.

If anyone bought this, you don't get gsync or freesync but you can use nvidia fast sync if you're on an nvidia card. I just set mine to be a global override and it works great.

upload_2016-5-17_19-18-8-png.161068

Does that 980Ti run games at 4k decent? I haven't started shopping cards much, but from what I've seen a while back, the 980 (non-TI) is close to the 1060. So I'm guessing the 980Ti is like between the 1060 and 1070 in terms of performance, which probably requires you to turn the IQ down a bit in most games to run well at that res.

Do you know if AMD has something similar to that function too? I still haven't read up on the difference between G-sync/Freesync and all those other difference V-Sync modes. I'm guessing normal V-Sync modes lock the FPS to a specific value while G-Sync/Freesync allows for a variable FPS while still avoiding any tearing or stuttering?

Does that 980Ti run games at 4k decent? I haven't started shopping cards much, but from what I've seen a while back, the 980 (non-TI) is close to the 1060. So I'm guessing the 980Ti is like between the 1060 and 1070 in terms of performance, which probably requires you to turn the IQ down a bit in most games to run well at that res.

Do you know if AMD has something similar to that function too? I still haven't read up on the difference between G-sync/Freesync and all those other difference V-Sync modes. I'm guessing normal V-Sync modes lock the FPS to a specific value while G-Sync/Freesync allows for a variable FPS while still avoiding any tearing or stuttering?

Before I moved to a true 4k monitor, I had the 980Ti running DSR at 4k and it did well in most games. It was really good at 1440p usually maxed. At full 4k, you may have to turn down settings to maintain 60fps.

Before I moved to a true 4k monitor, I had the 980Ti running DSR at 4k and it did well in most games. It was really good at 1440p usually maxed. At full 4k, you may have to turn down settings to maintain 60fps.

Had to Google DSR, hah. What about running games at 1440p or something on a 4K monitor? Does it really look that bad/blurry? If I get this TV, I'm just wondering if I can get by with a 1060ish level card for most games instead of having to dump $500+ for a card to drive it as well. I'm about to graduate school in 5 weeks and have been out of the PC gaming scene for the past 5 years pretty much, so I'm going to have a nice catalog of games to catch up on from then til now. But I think most of the non-FPS (or 3rd person like Andromeda) games I'm going to be playing on a PS4 Pro anyways.

Had to Google DSR, hah. What about running games at 1440p or something on a 4K monitor? Does it really look that bad/blurry? If I get this TV, I'm just wondering if I can get by with a 1060ish level card for most games instead of having to dump $500+ for a card to drive it as well. I'm about to graduate school in 5 weeks and have been out of the PC gaming scene for the past 5 years pretty much, so I'm going to have a nice catalog of games to catch up on from then til now. But I think most of the non-FPS (or 3rd person like Andromeda) games I'm going to be playing on a PS4 Pro anyways.

Plan on 4k gaming? Really no single card can do 60+ fps in 4k todays games.. atleast be looking at a 1080ti.. 2 for sli woud be ideal but sli isint supported that great anymore like used to.

Plan on 4k gaming? Really no single card can do 60+ fps in 4k todays games.. atleast be looking at a 1080ti.. 2 for sli woud be ideal but sli isint supported that great anymore like used to.

Yeah, that's why I was asking about how bad it really looks if you don't run 4K on a 4K display/TV. Didn't know if it would really be that blurry if I ran games at 1440p or so on this 4K display.

Also, I just saw on Sam's Club brochure that this TV will be $200 off on Saturday (2nd page), which should bring the price down to $448 or about the same as it was in OP when the deal was posted if that's $200 off it's current price at Sam's ($648)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why I was asking about how bad it really looks if you don't run 4K on a 4K display/TV. Didn't know if it would really be that blurry if I ran games at 1440p or so on this 4K display.

Also, I just saw on Sam's Club brochure that this TV will be $200 off on Saturday (2nd page), which should bring the price down to $448 or about the same as it was in OP when the deal was posted if that's $200 off it's current price at Sam's ($648)

Try it and see.. if it sucks return it.

Ive read in that other thread i quoted from that 1080 rez would work best scaled down from a 4k screen cause its half of a 4k res. So using anything in between would be blurry.

Gaming is fantastic on this tv. I have played Dota 2, Rocket League, and CS:GO all maxed out at 4k (although i diable AA) and they all run flawlessly. Super happy i grabbed up this tv.

I have a ku6300 tv, slight step down and I can tell you, its probably an upgrade from a 1080 tv even at 1080. Sony followed by ever so slightly Samsung is suppose to have the best upscaling ability compared to other tvs.. next to them is vizio (p and m series), LG, and then the rest.. I'm shocked at how well my blu disc with sony 4k upscale player looks.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Sam's club is offering this TV with a PS4 Pro for $800 right now. Pretty tempting even though I already have a PS4. But I could just sell it too to make a couple hundred back off of it.

I don't have a 4K TV/Monitor right now, but would like to make this my main PC monitor, I think. What would be the best value ($350 or less, I think) graphics card to drive this resolution for some decent gaming?

Damnit, I was just about to pull the trigger on this deal yesterday and now Sam's has jacked up the price on it by $50 to $850. Wonder if I call and complain I had issues ordering or something if they would give me the original deal again?

Damnit, I was just about to pull the trigger on this deal yesterday and now Sam's has jacked up the price on it by $50 to $850. Wonder if I call and complain I had issues ordering or something if they would give me the original deal again?

Worse they can do is say no..Give it a shot.

I actually use the 43" 6300 as a monitor right now but i'm going to move it into my loft and use this as my monitor. I think 43" is the perfect size but always wished it was curved.

I think this is a good as we move into this donut hole of new 4k tv's being > 48" while the largest monitors are around 34". Unfortunately, I think 43" is the perfect size for a desktop monitor... at least until we get 8k.

That is surprising to hear. I just upgraded yesterday from a 27" IPS to a 35" Curved 21:9 3440x1440 monitor and obviously I could imagine going bigger, but then I am not sure i'd want to. I would definitely need a bigger desk.

Tempted to get this to replace my U3415W. Anyone have input?

Tempted to get this to replace my U3415W. Anyone have input?

Had the U3415W as well as the LG flat version prior to my 40" 4K Samsung (I now have a 48" I was so impressed with it).

Would not go back to a 21:9.

Reactions: scgt1
like this
Had the U3415W as well as the LG flat version prior to my 40" 4K Samsung (I now have a 48" I was so impressed with it).

Would not go back to a 21:9.
I'm just really leary of Samsung. I got a 65" 4k 3d tv of theirs and had the joyous privilege of dealing with their support to get it worked on while in warranty. Talk about a 4 month ordeal. I really don't want to deal with them anymore if I don't have to. I told myself I would stay away from samsung other then computer drives because it seems the electronic/appliance/cell side is a total joke.

That is surprising to hear. I just upgraded yesterday from a 27" IPS to a 35" Curved 21:9 3440x1440 monitor and obviously I could imagine going bigger, but then I am not sure i'd want to. I would definitely need a bigger desk.

I have a 27" right next to my 43" and it looks like a 19" by comparison. Once you go bigger it's hard to go back. I have 2x 24" at work and every day when I come home it's like "ahhhh my baby".

I have a 27" right next to my 43" and it looks like a 19" by comparison. Once you go bigger it's hard to go back. I have 2x 24" at work and every day when I come home it's like "ahhhh my baby".

So are you saying you use a 43" TV as a computer monitor? How does one even do that? Is it good enough for gaming?

So are you saying you use a 43" TV as a computer monitor? How does one even do that? Is it good enough for gaming?

It seems many people are using this tv as a monitor for gaming. It's what I would use it for should I decide to pull the trigger. Not liking how Sam's nor BJ's doesn't take Paypal though. Would be nice to get it on 0% interest. Looks like I could get $550-$575 out of my Dell though if I sold it on Fleabay. So it would nearly pay for the 43"

I measured my space for this 43" to see if it would fit. Ikea Galant with a 19Gal aquarium on the right edge and my Air 540 on the other edge just before the extension addon piece. I'm currently using the U3415W (32.47 inches x 8.50 inches x 20.62 inches - extended) the 43" really isn't too much larger over the Dell. Add on 2 3/4" to each side and just under 4" to the height and you have the 43" listed here. My dell is on the partial circle monitor stand from Ikea also that matches the Galant desk and I would probably use it for this monitor also but will more then likely have to spin it 180* for it to actually work with the stand for this tv.

Wall mounted over an Ikea Desk(I forget the model). Loving it.

Reactions: scgt1
like this
Back