Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K - $449 - BACK ONE DAY ONLY on 5/13

Out of curiosity, why would you even need a Fire Stick with this tv? It should have apps available to do everything a Fire Stick does unless you're stick is rooted or something. I don't have mine yet, but it's safe to assume based on my 2015 Samsung tv in the living room.

Out of curiosity, why would you even need a Fire Stick with this tv? It should have apps available to do everything a Fire Stick does unless you're stick is rooted or something. I don't have mine yet, but it's safe to assume based on my 2015 Samsung tv in the living room.
Exactly. LOL

Sorry, its called HDMI UHD Color. The 4:4:4 8 bit would under your graphics cards settings. If its Nvidia, its the Nvidia Control Panel, Change resolution tab. Never had an AMD card but Im sure its pretty similar.

Got my hdmi 2.0 cable in yesterday along with my $21.80 FTVstick

After getting tired of messing around with this new FTVStick and FTVGuru build I fired up the game rig and set the uhd color 4:4:4: 8bit Man what a difference with the desktop/browser font and the icons. Soooooooooooooo much better. LOL
Now to see if 4k gaming looks different.

wtf Just turned off my 43" and noticed my 65" in the living room turned on. There has got to be some way to change remote channels or something lol

Last edited:
Is there a 32" variant of this that specs out just as awesome or better for a monitor? Looking to replace my 27" on my daily.

Received mine today. Not thrilled with the silver matte bezel, for a TV that Samsung states as "black" in the description. The curve is pretty cool. It is replacing a Samsung 40" 6290.

For anyone mounting it to a monitor ARM, the screws required are a bit longer than the 6290. Whereas the 6290 took 4 x M8 20mm cap bolts, this 7500 needs 2 x M8 30mm for the top two mounting holes, and 2 x M8 40mm for the bottom.

You'll also need a Vesa 100 to 200 adapter. I got mine here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5052RS/

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Got mine today also. Haven't unboxed it yet though. Looks like they may have delivered it upside down; not sure if that's bad but if so then they should have put arrows on the box indicating correct orientation. Maybe the shipping label is just upside down - will check in a bit.

Set mine up a little while ago....HO-LY SHIT is this ridiculous. It looks absolutely amazing, and gaming is just fine using the game mode. I don't notice any input lag at all. It's going to take a while to get used to it, but I think I might be in love.

Got mine today also. Haven't unboxed it yet though. Looks like they may have delivered it upside down; not sure if that's bad but if so then they should have put arrows on the box indicating correct orientation. Maybe the shipping label is just upside down - will check in a bit.

Shouldn't hurt it any. Plenty of foam at the top and bottom.

Set mine up a little while ago....HO-LY SHIT is this ridiculous. It looks absolutely amazing, and gaming is just fine using the game mode. I don't notice any input lag at all. It's going to take a while to get used to it, but I think I might be in love.

Right My fiance asked why the hell I need a window on my desk. LMAO

Received mine today. Not thrilled with the silver matte bezel, for a TV that Samsung states as "black" in the description. The curve is pretty cool. It is replacing a Samsung 40" 6290.

For anyone mounting it to a monitor ARM, the screws required are a bit longer than the 6290. Whereas the 6290 took 4 x M8 20mm cap bolts, this 7500 needs 2 x M8 30mm for the top two mounting holes, and 2 x M8 35mm for the bottom - and the latter is a size that's hard to find in the local hardware stores, so I had to move up to 2 x 40mm + some spacers. That they gave the mounting holes different depths is a head-scratcher, but there you go.

I'm also re-using the Vesa 200 adapter which I got here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5052RS/

Out of curiosity, what monitor arm are you using? I don't think I've ever seen one for a screen this large. When I looked the other night, I was only seeing ones that went to a max of like 32".

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Out of curiosity, what monitor arm are you using? I don't think I've ever seen one for a screen this large. When I looked the other night, I was only seeing ones that went to a max of like 32".

I remember there being a few that would work with a 40" (like the Ergotron LX w/tall pole) but I don't know if they would accommodate a 43". With many of them, you start running into issues with weight and getting the monitor high enough so that the bottom edge clears the desk.

The big Philips BDM4065UC thread on here had some suggestions but again, that was a 40" display so I don't know if they'd work with a 43"...I would think so but it depends if they were just barely enough to work or if they had some additional room for vertical movement.

If I recall its an Ergotron LX. It only clears the desk by about 4" but I prefer it hovering instead of a stand with legs sticking forward.

As far as the monitor arms you're seeing as only going up to 32", that has more to do with "standard" computer monitors tending to max out around 32" and 34". People using TV's as monitors AND on a monitor stand are edge cases, especially since it requires a 100mm to 200mm adapter.

Look for tv mounts. They have thrm with boom arms that are multi possible.

So I finally had time to swap the 6290 out for the 7500.

I disliked the following:
I didn't realize until I took it out of the box that it had a silver bezel...I really liked the black on the 6290.
The mounting was different enough that I had to use two different spacers due to the back being curved...fucking stupid
The menus and some of the options are much more difficult to get setup. (i.e. It keeps asking to setup my remote for other devices like a receiver, which I don't have because I am using it as a monitor.
The 7500 I received may end up failing. I have had red flickering lines randomly that come and go.

I like the following:
The curve is nice for my desktop setup. TV is mounted on wall and my chair is about three feet away.
Amazing image quality like the 6290

I've only had it on for a few hours and have yet to nail down my settings to my liking. Overall I think its Meh but I will give it a week to see if it grows on me.

I've got my 2nd unit and this time its flawless, no scuffed pixel so I'll be keeping this one and lugging the other one back to Best Buy.

I'll agree the 7500 is not perfect however, there are some minor annoyances:

Negatives:

1) Only a single UHD color on input 1. For a 7000 series panel this is a step backwards considering my 60JU7100 had UHD color on all 4 inputs.
2) The UHD color doesn't have ARC, making it a PITA to get more than 2.0 stereo sound to my sound bar. Going to have to ghetto rig it and use a 2nd GPU just for audio.
3) When other devices, currently a Nintendo Switch, are connected to HDMI, the display will randomly swap to HDMI input 2. This is partially caused by the Switch which may be polling or doing something that makes the TV think it should switch to the Switch's input, even though it is just sitting docked. Undocking the Switch prevents this from happening.
4) I definitely miss my 144Hz refresh/mouse rate even while on the desktop. People who say they can't tell the difference over 60Hz must be half-numb or desensitized.
5) Some color uniformity issues on very uniform color backgrounds/web pages. Not to be unexpected on such a large panel, I think the curve may make this worse also, but I've also seen this tends to improve over time/usage, so not too worried here.
6) The remotes often conflict and power on/off my wife's 6290 in the same room. I think you can pair the remotes up and change the default channels but it hasn't annoyed me enought to do this yet.
7) The remote does not seem as easy to use as the one that came with the 6290, even though it is slightly higher build quality. The rubber power button for example is better than the blister/capacitive power button.
8) The volume on the TV remote doesn't change the volume on the Samsung Sound bar even though that works on my LG soundbar on my main TV, and I have HDMI-CEC enabled.

Positives

1) The curve is very immersive/enveloping and feels like there is less head/eye strain to view the corners of the screen. Not negative/noticeable at all.
2) Massive real estate is awesome for desktop productivity and with Win10 quadrant snap, very easy to consolidate multiple displays to 1.
3) Its a Smart TV with all the smart apps and features, network connectivity etc.
4) PC games look and play great, as do console games.

So yeah, I think anyone with a 6290 shouldn't feel too much remorse, the 7500 is a nice upgrade but probably not worth the swap if you already have the 6290, and the minor issues with the 7500 definitely detract from the overall "upgrade" feel over the 6290 as they are downgrades in some ways.

Negatives:

2) The UHD color doesn't have ARC, making it a PITA to get more than 2.0 stereo sound to my sound bar. Going to have to ghetto rig it and use a 2nd GPU just for audio.

Far as I've read and understand.... Graphics Cards and MB GPUs don't support ARC :(... so most monitors wont either

Sorry

1) Only a single UHD color on input 1. For a 7000 series panel this is a step backwards considering my 60JU7100 had UHD color on all 4 inputs.

Yeah, I pointed this out in my post when I got my TV in too. This was a pretty big annoyance for me because I got a PS4 Pro with the TV and planned on using it along with my PC. The PS4 Pro needs HDMI 2.0 (which is only on HDMI 1 on this TV and is why UHD color is only available on that input) in order to support 4K RGB and HDR. I haven't had much time to compare the formats on my PS4 yet, so hopefully it's not a noticeable difference in image quality. This TV isn't great for HDR anyways apparently since it doesn't have the proper backlight setup for it from what I've read. But it's pretty annoying that they let you see those other HDMI inputs in the UHD color toggle menu, yet it doesn't support them. I had to Google around a bit afterwards to figure this out because I thought initially I had something configured wrong or there was something wrong with the TV.

So I don't think I would recommend this TV if you plan on hooking anything else up to it to use at 4K 60Hz w/ 4:4:4 chroma and/or HDR. I see there's HDMI 2.0 switches online that you could use to get around the limitation, but they're all $50+ that I see and I don't care about it enough to buy one at that price at the moment.

Yeah, I pointed this out in my post when I got my TV in too. This was a pretty big annoyance for me because I got a PS4 Pro with the TV and planned on using it along with my PC. The PS4 Pro needs HDMI 2.0 (which is only on HDMI 1 on this TV and is why UHD color is only available on that input) in order to support 4K RGB and HDR. I haven't had much time to compare the formats on my PS4 yet, so hopefully it's not a noticeable difference in image quality. This TV isn't great for HDR anyways apparently since it doesn't have the proper backlight setup for it from what I've read. But it's pretty annoying that they let you see those other HDMI inputs in the UHD color toggle menu, yet it doesn't support them. I had to Google around a bit afterwards to figure this out because I thought initially I had something configured wrong or there was something wrong with the TV.

So I don't think I would recommend this TV if you plan on hooking anything else up to it to use at 4K 60Hz w/ 4:4:4 chroma and/or HDR. I see there's HDMI 2.0 switches online that you could use to get around the limitation, but they're all $50+ that I see and I don't care about it enough to buy one at that price at the moment.
I did link some other switches that aren't anywhere near $50 somewhere in this post on a quote of your initial mention about them. ;-)

I did link some other switches that aren't anywhere near $50 somewhere in this post on a quote of your initial mention about them. ;-)

Yeah, saw that. But I don't have a Fry's local and that one on Newegg wasn't HDMI 2.0, as the specs only said it supported 4K@ 30Hz and was only 10 GB/s, not 18 GB/s that's required for 4K @ 60 Hz.

I'll check out Monoprice too, but after googling around that night, I wasn't finding any HDMI 2.0 switches for less than $43 or so.

Yeah, saw that. But I don't have a Fry's local and that one on Newegg wasn't HDMI 2.0, as the specs only said it supported 4K@ 30Hz and was only 10 GB/s, not 18 GB/s that's required for 4K @ 60 Hz.

I'll check out Monoprice too, but after googling around that night, I wasn't finding any HDMI 2.0 switches for less than $43 or so.
I'm pretty sure the ones that Fry's keeps putting up are also online not just in store. I didn't even look into the specifics on the Newegg one. :-/ sorry about that. I'm pretty sure Monoprice does have what your looking for though. That's where I got my 2.0 cable that took a week to get here when I paid for priority. So don't expect them to ship promptly lol. They usually stay pretty up to date on products which is why I said they more then likely have 2.0 splitters.

Anyone seeing any moderate ghosting on this set? It's pretty noticeable when dragging around white windows with black text on them. I don't think it's bad enough to return the set because it's imperceptible while gaming, but just curious if others have noticed it as well to see if it's just my display or not.

I've got my 2nd unit and this time its flawless, no scuffed pixel so I'll be keeping this one and lugging the other one back to Best Buy.

I'll agree the 7500 is not perfect however, there are some minor annoyances:

Negatives:

4) I definitely miss my 144Hz refresh/mouse rate even while on the desktop. People who say they can't tell the difference over 60Hz must be half-numb or desensitized.
backgrounds/web pages. Not to be unexpected on such a large panel, I think the curve may make this worse also, but I've also seen this tends to improve over time/usage, so not too worried here.
4) PC games look and play great, as do console games.

So yeah, I think anyone with a 6290 shouldn't feel too much remorse, the 7500 is a nice upgrade but probably not worth the swap if you already have the 6290, and the minor issues with the 7500 definitely detract from the overall "upgrade" feel over the 6290 as they are downgrades in some ways.

Even at 60 hz on monitor I notice a little more mouse cursor lag on my 6300 tv than I do on the montor. probably due to higher input lag on tv vs monitor.

Well well well Chase Freedom price protection finally decided on my Best Buy Deal of the day price match. It's only said a decision would be made in 5 days since I filed the claim which was the same day it was on sale at Best Buy so what a month and a half two months ago.
Claim Status: PAID
Check Date: 6/18/17
Check Amount: $18.01

Pretty sweet I got them to match the BB DOD after the Sam's Club deal. Never used the PP on the Chase Freedom card before. Nothing like dragging their feet but at least they followed through with it.

Well not to dig up an old thread but it seems mine has developed a stuck white pixel along with random glitching vertical red lines that flicker and flash on the screen quick and then go away. I did purchase the 4 year extended service plan when I purchased the tv. I've only dealt with Square Trade once and that was on a printer where they just issued a check for what I paid for the printer since the repairs would have costed more then the printer. I don't know if I'll be met with the same thing if I go through ST or not.

Last edited:
Well not to dig up an old thread but it seems mine has developed a stuck white pixel along with random glitching vertical red lines that flicker and flash on the screen quick and then go away. I did purchase the 4 year extended service plan when I purchased the tv. I've only dealt with Square Trade once and that was on a printer where they just issued a check for what I paid for the printer since the repairs would have costed more then the printer. I don't know if I'll be met with the same thing if I go through ST or not.

You should at least put a claim in. Mine has worked flawlessly but it gets very light usage.

Start a ticket quick. Sounds like the lcd/led panel is going bad. Dunno if they will give you market value or full reimbursement though. Let us know how it goes.

Back