Samsung UN43KU7500 43" Curved 4K - $449 - BACK ONE DAY ONLY on 5/13

Wall mounted over an Ikea Desk(I forget the model). Loving it.

Look anything like this one (Dell U3415W)
wU1K2iF.jpg

LG 29" 21:9 (2560x1080) This sucker had to go. LOL Horrible screen res for a 21:9
0sAskET.jpg

Some fucktard posted the sams deal on SD a little while ago. Which basically means chances of getting this online at 11:01pm tomorrow are nil. smh

Last edited:
Does that 980Ti run games at 4k decent? I haven't started shopping cards much, but from what I've seen a while back, the 980 (non-TI) is close to the 1060. So I'm guessing the 980Ti is like between the 1060 and 1070 in terms of performance, which probably requires you to turn the IQ down a bit in most games to run well at that res.

Do you know if AMD has something similar to that function too? I still haven't read up on the difference between G-sync/Freesync and all those other difference V-Sync modes. I'm guessing normal V-Sync modes lock the FPS to a specific value while G-Sync/Freesync allows for a variable FPS while still avoiding any tearing or stuttering?

980Ti is between a 1070 and 1080 and still the 5th fastest mainstream card in existence so it runs all old games at 4k fine and newer games have a resolution slider so I just leave it at 4k and turn the resolution slider to like 70%. The reason for this is that I like to play borderless window and these games usually want the resolution equal to the desktop resolution. Otherwise I'd just play at like 1440p or something. I'm waiting for the next Nvidia cards to come out (hopefully this holiday season) and then I'll get the 1180 or 2080 or whatever they call it.

So are you saying you use a 43" TV as a computer monitor? How does one even do that? Is it good enough for gaming?

Yes, it's easily the best purchase I've made in 20 years of being a computer enthusiast. I can't overstate how great it is.

Went to Sams to see if maybe they had an open box unit and to check and see what it looks like. No where to be found. They did have 50" That I'm really trying to wrap my head around with their pricing since it was also a Samsung 4k with the same stand for $479ish. That's 7" extra for $170 less then what the one in this thread is currently priced at. This was also a KU model.

Went to Sams to see if maybe they had an open box unit and to check and see what it looks like. No where to be found. They did have 50" That I'm really trying to wrap my head around with their pricing since it was also a Samsung 4k with the same stand for $479ish. That's 7" extra for $170 less then what the one in this thread is currently priced at. This was also a KU model.

It depends on which KU model you were looking at. I'd assume it was probably the KU6290 or K6300 which is a slightly lower end unit and isn't curved but still works really well as a monitor. The pricing for the 43KU7500 typically doesn't drop below $650. The deal in the OP was a really good one. If u can try to nab the 43KU7500 off that sams club deal tomorrow @ $450 this is an amazing set.

Reactions: scgt1
like this
It depends on which KU model you were looking at. I'd assume it was probably the KU6290 or K6300 which is a slightly lower end unit and isn't curved but still works really well as a monitor. The pricing for the 43KU7500 typically doesn't drop below $650. The deal in the OP was a really good one. If u can try to nab the 43KU7500 off that sams club deal tomorrow @ $450 this is an amazing set.
6290 sounds familiar but I swear it was curved also. Maybe it wasn't. I was just doing a quick run through and didn't even think to take a photo of the tag. I don't even see a 50" 4k samsung on their website but they had like 10 of them. Go figure. lol

Has anyone played any faster paced games with this monitor at 4k say doom, BF1, maybe even FH3 that can input some experience.

Ha just refreshed the product page on Sams and it can no longer be added to the cart. It states check back May 13th for Special Pricing. Still shows as $648 though but who knows if they will tack any on prior to the $200 off. If they do then I'll just pass on it and wait for another BJ's deal or for BB Amazon to follow suit with lower pricing again.

Look anything like this one (Dell U3415W)
wU1K2iF.jpg

LG 29" 21:9 (2560x1080) This sucker had to go. LOL Horrible screen res for a 21:9
0sAskET.jpg

Some fucktard posted the sams deal on SD a little while ago. Which basically means chances of getting this online at 11:01pm tomorrow are nil. smh

Is that one of those electric desks that you can change the elevation on? We were at Ikea recently and I was checking a few of those out. Still on the hunt for a good desk. I wish someone would make one with a long keyboard tray so we have enough room for a larger keyboard and mouse pad like you need there as well. I would like one with some overhead shelving or something as well.

980Ti is between a 1070 and 1080 and still the 5th fastest mainstream card in existence so it runs all old games at 4k fine and newer games have a resolution slider so I just leave it at 4k and turn the resolution slider to like 70%. The reason for this is that I like to play borderless window and these games usually want the resolution equal to the desktop resolution. Otherwise I'd just play at like 1440p or something. I'm waiting for the next Nvidia cards to come out (hopefully this holiday season) and then I'll get the 1180 or 2080 or whatever they call it.

Yes, it's easily the best purchase I've made in 20 years of being a computer enthusiast. I can't overstate how great it is.

Thanks. I think I'll just pick up a 6GB 1060 for now and play at 1080-1440p on this 4K TV and hope it doesn't look to bad. I'll mostly be playing the PS4 pro for a bit I think anyways on some of the exclusives I've been wanting to play for the past few years while I've been in school. The 1060 should be good for the older PC games I've been missing out on as well, I think.

6290 sounds familiar but I swear it was curved also. Maybe it wasn't. I was just doing a quick run through and didn't even think to take a photo of the tag. I don't even see a 50" 4k samsung on their website but they had like 10 of them. Go figure. lol

Has anyone played any faster paced games with this monitor at 4k say doom, BF1, maybe even FH3 that can input some experience.

Ha just refreshed the product page on Sams and it can no longer be added to the cart. It states check back May 13th for Special Pricing. Still shows as $648 though but who knows if they will tack any on prior to the $200 off. If they do then I'll just pass on it and wait for another BJ's deal or for BB Amazon to follow suit with lower pricing again.

Maybe you were looking at the KU6500 then. They have a 49 inch version.

Is that one of those electric desks that you can change the elevation on? We were at Ikea recently and I was checking a few of those out. Still on the hunt for a good desk. I wish someone would make one with a long keyboard tray so we have enough room for a larger keyboard and mouse pad like you need there as well. I would like one with some overhead shelving or something as well.

Not electric but is pretty adjustable in height. Galant series but I think they discontinued them several years back. The cabinets are Ikea also.

UPDATE 5/12/17: Looks like it will be back for 1 day only on 5/13/17

https://slickdeals.net/f/10145200-s...-b-m-and-online-w-free-shipping-may-13th-only

Three days ahead of you. ;)

At least you're OP though so you can update the OP (which I see you did already).

Just ordered the TV/PS4 Pro bundle for $800 ($846.94 after taxes). Odd they had it for $850 for a day then brought it back down. I'll sell my current PS4 for $200 too to make some of it back up. Good deal, I think.

like this
Worth every penny too! No more back pain.

Cool, glad to hear. I'm 6'6 so I looked at the measurements compared to the Serta chair I have now and it sems like it would be comfortable. Just preordered the Stealth one from the upcoming June batch.

like this
Cool, glad to hear. I'm 6'6 so I looked at the measurements compared to the Serta chair I have now and it sems like it would be comfortable. Just preordered the Stealth one from the upcoming June batch.
Sweet! Same one in the pic above. Mine ended up shipping earlier then the slated mid month window yet once it arrived it was still showing mid month window for new orders. So I don't really trust the ship schedule they show. I think it's there to make you think they sell more then they do. The remaining amount can also fluctuate up to 40 I have seen. I doubt 40 ppl cancel their order multiple times a month lol.

Oh yea and don't think you can pick up the chair and move it. Woke my fiance up at 1am with the base hitting the floor. Once you put the seat into the base they are still 2 parts.

Sweet! Same one in the pic above. Mine ended up shipping earlier then the slated mid month window yet once it arrived it was still showing mid month window for new orders. So I don't really trust the ship schedule they show. I think it's there to make you think they sell more then they do. The remaining amount can also fluctuate up to 40 I have seen. I doubt 40 ppl cancel their order multiple times a month lol.

Oh yea and don't think you can pick up the chair and move it. Woke my fiance up at 1am with the base hitting the floor. Once you put the seat into the base they are still 2 parts.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.. Stoked for this one as I have lower back issues also. Hoefully this is "The One" . ;)

like this
Thank you, your order is complete
$536.76 after 4 year ST warranty and tax.

And that didn't last long. not even 40 minutes and OOS online. SD effect I called that one some posts back on the first page.

Last edited:
It has PWM , yikes
Care to elaborate? Are you the same person that posted the exact same statement on SD also?

For those that have this what settings have you used for gaming? I saw something about the HDR has to be manually turned on and it's somewhat hidden in the menus. I can't seem to find that post nor remember where it was of several settings that were used. :-(

Does this cable look like it will get the job done? Or this one?

Also anyone that has this and still has it mounted on the stand what is the measurement from your desk to the bottom of the screen? I'm after the space below the screen itself so I know what crap can fit in front of it that won't block the screen. The current Ikea monitor shelf I have my Dell on isn't going to be big enough for the stand on this and the wider shelf I have isn't deep enough since it says the stand is 13 something inches. So I'm going to have to just put it on my desk.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate? Are you the same person that posted the exact same statement on SD also?

For those that have this what settings have you used for gaming? I saw something about the HDR has to be manually turned on and it's somewhat hidden in the menus. I can't seem to find that post nor remember where it was of several settings that were used. :-(

Use HDMI 1, change type to PC, expert settings enable deep color. In windows, enable 4:4:4 8bit color. Dont worry about the HDR+ setting, its irrelevant. Experiment with Game mode. I have it off but its a personal preference. All set.

This is the cable I use, no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WHI2HO0/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Use HDMI 1, change type to PC, special settings(I think) enable deep color. In windows, enable 4:4:4 8bit color. Dont worry about the HDR+ setting, its irrelevant. Experiment with Game mode. I have it off but its a personal preference. All set.

This is the cable I use, no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/stream/ref=nav_upnav_mobile_C_Detailaw

Bad link, just takes me to a main storefront page. (Edit: Nvm, you fixed it while I was posting this)

Only thing I'm really concerned about with using this as a monitor is input lag. Rtings shows it having 37.1 ms at 4K/60Hz with 4.4.4. Seems slightly high compared to a normal monitor, so has anyone noticed much lag during normal desktop usage? I'm not going to be playing too much twitch/CS style gaming or anything, so I'm not too concerned about it for games.

Also, just curious if anyone uses a PS4 Pro on this set as well and what the best config/settings would be to play on it?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bad link, just takes me to a main storefront page. (Edit: Nvm, you fixed it while I was posting this)

Only thing I'm really concerned about with using this as a monitor is input lag. Rtings shows it having 37.1 ms at 4K/60Hz with 4.4.4. Seems slightly high compared to a normal monitor, so has anyone noticed much lag during normal desktop usage? I'm not going to be playing too much twitch/CS style gaming or anything, so I'm not too concerned about it for games.

Also, just curious if anyone uses a PS4 Pro on this set as well and what the best config/settings would be to play on it?

Played Doom and really didnt notice any lag. Im not a proffesional gamer but it seemed fine to me. Even using a wireless XB1 controller in racing games seemed fine. YMMV. Dont have any consoles hooked up to this so I cant help you there.

You can easily switch between game console and PC - which is what I do with my 40. Game Console when I'm playing games, PC on the desktop. Best of both worlds.

You can easily switch between game console and PC - which is what I do with my 40. Game Console when I'm playing games, PC on the desktop. Best of both worlds.
Yep, I'll use it for my work laptop dock too, the amount of usable space and screen management in Win10 is amazing, almost don't need multiple screens anymore

So is it in fact only 4:4:4 8bit? I've seen mixed posts about the above either 8 or 10 bit. Same thing with the HDR on or off some say yes some say no.
Think I have a buyer for my U3415W local for $550. Got a call from my step mom that my dad is in the hospital for 2nd heart attack. So I'm up here at the hosp and the sale is on hold. Fam is more important.

Yes, the Samsung sets use PWM. I am not one of those people who is negatively affected by it as far as headaches etc. but some people are. There are also a couple of people here who are supremely anti-PWM because they claim it ruins motion clarity, but I guess I'm not sensitive to that either because these sets have a HUGE following on here and if they were terrible for gaming then a lot fewer people would be using them.

T4rd you inquired about the input lag...it's quite good for a TV and comparable to some monitors. I have the older JS9000 which was measured at 23.6 ms in Game Mode and 55.8 ms with Game Mode disabled (i.e. 4:4:4 chroma). Game Mode feels just fine to me and is what I stay in 90% of the time. Some colored text (particularly red and purple) does look crisper with Game Mode disabled but the cursor on mine does feel a bit sluggish and laggy when I go from Game Mode off to on, so I'd rather stay in Game Mode which still has excellent image quality in most scenarios.

Keep in mind that is MY older 2015 quantum dot set. These newer K-series sets have improved on the lag outside of game mode - the KU7000 was measured at 37.7 which is significantly faster than mine - so I wouldn't be too concerned about the lag. Game Mode on was measured at 24.7 ms which is almost equal to Game Mode on mine. The KU6300 measured even lower at an excellent 19.8 ms, but I'd rather have the 7xxx series due to the better panel and tech.

Bottom line, this is an excellent TV that also happens to function as a great monitor and I think most people will be thrilled with it unless they're super picky. I've used traditional monitors all my life and I have no desire to go back to a "true" PC monitor until there's one that's 40" that does 4K at 120+ Hz. These Samsung TVs can simulate a 120 Hz monitor when you enable AMP (Auto Motion Plus) but the input lag penalty is high. Games look super smooth with it enabled but the mouse response becomes pretty sluggish. It was fun to play with and awesome to witness in motion but ultimately I wasn't willing to deal with the additional input lag.

scgt1, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your family. My dad had a heart attack in his 40s and it was a pretty scary experience for me to get that call at work. Wishing your dad a full and speedy recovery.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Well 2 arteries behind his heart were 100% blocked. He has 3 more that are 85% blocked to be scheduled at a later date after they make sure his kidneys are ok after all the meds.

When I got home I sealed the deal on selling the Dell. To think people are giving them away on hardwareswap for $300-$450. Sold mine in less then 36hrs. (Jesus I need to dust the office)
S7BGcUE.jpg

I tried helping folks out with that link for the 43" Phillips 4K... I got one and I freaking LOVE it... couldn't believe how good it is for $370 (with free shipping), but they discontinued it and they all gone now :(

For those of you that ordered this from Sams have you gotten a shipping confirmation yet?

For those of you that ordered this from Sams have you gotten a shipping confirmation yet?

Yeah, my TV shipped out of Temple, TX Saturday and is due to arrive on Thursday. My PS4 Pro that was part of the bundle shipped Saturday from Plainfield, IN as well and is due to arrive Tuesday. I ordered these Friday evening too though.

like this
Yeah, my TV shipped out of Temple, TX Saturday and is due to arrive on Thursday. My PS4 Pro that was part of the bundle shipped Saturday from Plainfield, IN as well and is due to arrive Tuesday. I ordered these Friday evening too though.

DA FUQ! What time did you place your order? I was F5ing that sucker waiting for the 11:01pm Central live time and placed it right then at 11:01pm (at least that is what the order confirmation email states so it probably went live a few minutes before). Still shows processing and I live in TX. :-( About 2hrs away from Temple too.) Lame!
lol

DA FUQ! What time did you place your order? I was F5ing that sucker waiting for the 11:01pm Central live time and placed it right then at 11:01pm (at least that is what the order confirmation email states so it probably went live a few minutes before). Still shows processing and I live in TX. :-( About 2hrs away from Temple too.) Lame!
lol

Haha, well I ordered before the TV sale went live because I wanted the PS4 Pro bundle that was offered with that TV that whole week. So I ordered at around 7.5 hours before you did at like 4:30 PM EST. I thought it was later than that, but I just checked my e-mail for the order confirmation time.

I wasn't expecting my Dell to sell so fast hence putting it up Sat morning after I completed the purchase at Sams. My thought is maybe someone would have contacted by Wed when the 43" is said to deliver by. I sure didn't expect to get hit up for it that same afternoon of listing it. So my game rig is just sitting sad with no wY to display itself. Lol

I wasn't expecting my Dell to sell so fast hence putting it up Sat morning after I completed the purchase at Sams. My thought is maybe someone would have contacted by Wed when the 43" is said to deliver by. I sure didn't expect to get hit up for it that same afternoon of listing it. So my game rig is just sitting sad with no wY to display itself. Lol

Did you just sell it on Criaglist or a local sale app? I've sold a few things through Offerup and posted my PS4 on there, but only got a couple low balls so far. Haven't tried Craiglist yet, as it just seems rampant with scammers nowadays.

Did you just sell it on Criaglist or a local sale app? I've sold a few things through Offerup and posted my PS4 on there, but only got a couple low balls so far. Haven't tried Craiglist yet, as it just seems rampant with scammers nowadays.

Offer up and Letgo are jokes. Just like Hardwareswap. Everyone wants something for nothing. CL isn't as bad but you get the same kind of society there also. I sold it on CL btw.

Offer up and Letgo are jokes. Just like Hardwareswap. Everyone wants something for nothing. CL isn't as bad but you get the same kind of society there also. I sold it on CL though.

Offerup seemed to work well for the first few items I sold; didn't get any crazies at all actually. Lowballs are always expected on any platform, but was just curious if there was something better than CL or these apps nowadays. Thanks though, I guess I'll post up on CL anyways.

like this
Offerup seemed to work well for the first few items I sold; didn't get any crazies at all actually. Lowballs are always expected on any platform, but was just curious if there was something better than CL or these apps nowadays. Thanks though, I guess I'll post up on CL anyways.
What really pisses me off is when you have something NIB unopened that retails for say $45 more when ON SALE and people want to offer $30 less then your asking for it. Which would be $75 off retail SALE PRICE not normal retail. It's a F#@#@$ insult.

Back