Samsung UD590 now on Newegg - $869

A couple of the sellers on ebay are using multiple seller names though they are the same seller. I've been talking to several of them and it looks like many of them are out of stock right now even though they show "available" on their ebay listing. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get more in, hopefully sooner than later. From what I gathered you guys that ordered a couple of days ago should be getting a unit sent to you in the next couple of days depending on your seller. Good luck to all. I think many of us are going to jump on this display.

I messaged my seller this:
Hello, I appreciate your hard work, you are a top seller and provide excellent message feedback! I was hoping you were able to ship my monitor today as it has been 5 business days since I ordered, can you please provide me a shipping update!

And I just got this reply:

Dear L88bastard,

Please wait a bit
After a while, that will be updated.

DEAR GOD WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

Last edited:
Hard to say. Some of the sellers are telling me that all of them are getting more monitors on the 19th......I'm sure they are getting lots of orders now that the forums are burning up with the info on this baby.

They should never have taken orders stating 2-4days delivery (mine never said anything about 5days handling time), so he changed the terms of the deal already once. I'm beginning to lose faith in my seller.

L88bastard, seems like this guy has selectively good English. When you try to pin him down when he's going to ship the monitor all of a sudden he gives you an answer that makes no sense. I'm not even going to try to send him a message, it's clear he has no idea when he's going to have them available.

They should never have taken orders stating 2-4days delivery (mine never said anything about 5days handling time), so he changed the terms of the deal already once. I'm beginning to lose faith in my seller.

L88bastard, seems like this guy has selectively good English. When you try to pin him down when he's going to ship the monitor all of a sudden he gives you an answer that makes no sense. I'm not even going to try to send him a message, it's clear he has no idea when he's going to have them available.

Agreed, by advertising a product that he did not have in stock he wasted our time and took the money out of other honest seller's pockets which may have actually had the display in stock at the time we placed our orders. For a seller with his high rep/rating such a practice is really shitty....but I have already gone through the seven stages of grief and now am at unnofficial stage 8 = ass kissing, because I just really need the fucking display to make my work life easier and I DONT wanna wait a month for its official release. You should send him a message, the more buyers up his ass = the more he actually does something about it.

I just sent him this:

Hello Top_Trading,

You are most excellent, however, I am sorry but I do not understand your message. Do you have the U28D590 in stock and are you shipping mine today?

Thank you,

Last edited:
He said he would ship them on Fri. If I don't get a shipping notice sometime later today I'll send him a message.

I hate being the squeaky wheel, but unfortunately I have found that to be the only tactic which works in these situations. Top Trading got back to me....It looks like it may actually happen for me!

Yes today.
Please wait.
thank you

Last edited:
Well it is now Friday night, so surely it has been shipped now. If not, I might be asking for a refund.

No tracking number still and no shipped information marked in ebay :(

I PMd BP2008 who is the only known living soul to have received a 590 from top trading and this is what he said

"6 dayss after ordering I asked why I hadn't received a tracking number yet, and the only response I got was a "Shipped" notice from ebay that evening. I don't know if my asking made them ship it faster or not..."

Last edited:
I just asked him if he shipped mine and if I can have a tracking # for it (not that I think he did).

9847931_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I got my multiplug already. It's this one.

Here are some more user impressions of the U28D590 from BP2008:

As an owner of one of the samsung 4k screens, I can say it is great and that setup should be capable of pushing all the pixels. It really depends a lot on how ...

[... hold on... as I was writing this the screen just went black and I had to unplug it and plug it back in to power to make it come back ... *** ...]

... As I was saying, it really depends a lot on how much gaming you will be doing. I think most will agree that with a 3-monitor setup your main benefit is peripheral vision, whereas with a 4K monitor setup your benefit is double-the-pixels on the main display where you benefit from them the most. I'd choose the 4k for gaming, or the 3x 1440p panels for desktop work. Unless you have really good eyes, it is a little bit exhausting reading things as small as they are on this 4k screen without DPI scaling enabled.

I was going to say something about questionable quality of the cheaper Korean panels, since I've had terrible luck with them in the past. But now that seems kind of silly.

Last edited:
POSTED: [Zero defects] Samsung U28D590 UHD Monitor 3840 x 2160 P...

Sent an email a few hours ago asking about this, and now it's posted! Hopefully it arrives soon, Korea to Australia should be fairly quick. It even has a tracking number which is awesome.

Just got my tracking number....supposed to be here Wednesday. I'm in Florida, so that's not too bad. I've had speedier Korean shipping before, but whatever....Im too busy doing the happy dance to care.....knock on wood.

Last edited:
Ugh, mine is estimated delivery Friday. I would've thought Korea to Australia would be faster than Korea to America.

Just got my tracking number....supposed to be here Wednesday. I'm in Florida, so that's not too bad. I've had speedier Korean shipping before, but whatever....Im too busy doing the happy dance to care.....knock on wood.

Be sure to let us know how it is in depth, looks like you're the first person on HF to get the display.

In a PM, BP2008 told me:

I would say the anti-glare is neither thick or grainy. I'm not a good one to ask. Definitely not as grainy of whites as most of my other screens.

I live in MA, mine is also supposed to be here Wed so whatever. I still don't understand where the 5 day handling issue came from, but as long as I get it (intact).

I live in MA, mine is also supposed to be here Wed so whatever. I still don't understand where the 5 day handling issue came from, but as long as I get it (intact).

Are you AKA "Cool Mike?"

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1808986

This guy is before him, but he hasn't commented for a while.

On Sunday morning I had just placed my pre-order of the u28d590 on amazon for april 14th and came here to post about it, when I found his thread.....2 seconds later I was cancelling my Amazon order :cool:

It was either (1)He didn't have em in stock or (2) He has a part time assistant who handles all the order shipping one day out of the week :(

I had just placed my pre-order on amazon for april 14th and came here to post about it, when I found his thread.....2 seconds later I was cancelling my Amazon order :cool:

I will love to hear what you have to say about the samsung, especially regarding the AG coating and color quality/black crush! :D

I will love to hear what you have to say about the samsung, especially regarding the AG coating and color quality/black crush! :D

Well, Ive been using a Seiki which crushes blacks worse than the inadequate United States justice system so I probably won't even notice it on the Samsung. Also, the U28D590 appears to have the FPS cheating feature that brightens up dark scenes (see 6th pic down), so the enemy can't hide in the shadows like they safely do on my FW900.

Last edited:
Now I will see if 3 Titans is enough to drive this thing adequately for gaming on my rig or whether I want to get a 4th one or not.

Now I will see if 3 Titans is enough to drive this thing adequately for gaming on my rig or whether I want to get a 4th one or not.

I had one Titan pushing 3 vg248qes @120hz in portrait mode so you should be slightly more than fine lol I think your bottleneck will be cpu

I had one Titan pushing 3 vg248qes @120hz in portrait mode so you should be slightly more than fine lol I think your bottleneck will be cpu

Not necessarily. Benchmarks @ UHD res show you need a significant amount of horsepower, at least 4 Titans, to push 60FPS min in many of today's games. My rig is a i7-3770k @4.4GHz, 16GB PC-1600SDRAM, 3Titans.

I've seen a lot of benchmarks showing two 290x's getting 60FPS in most games. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Not necessarily. Benchmarks @ UHD res show you need a significant amount of horsepower, at least 4 Titans, to push 60FPS min in many of today's games. My rig is a i7-3770k @4.4GHz, 16GB PC-1600SDRAM, 3Titans.

I literally have the same setup except my 3770k is at 5ghz on serious water and im still cpu bound in games like bf3-4

I turn useless settings like post processing, mesh, shadows, to low-med and garbage like AA, Hao Sao OFF and keep the goodies like textures at ultra and get great smooth performance on one card. Stuff like post processing and mesh hits you cpu right in the feels.

I literally have the same setup except my 3770k is at 5ghz on serious water and im still cpu bound in games like bf3-4

I turn useless settings like post processing, mesh, shadows, to low-med and garbage like AA, Hao Sao OFF and keep the goodies like textures at ultra and get great smooth performance on one card. Stuff like post processing and mesh hits you cpu right in the feels.

4k is a bit more GPU dependent since it needs to render more pixels, surround with 3 monitors is much more CPU intensive than single monitor 4k due to calculating a FOV 3x as large.
Because you can only clock a CPU so high, and adding more cores doesn't help for most games, I'd say 3x 1080p is much harder to drive, and it's not possible to directly compare them in relation to cpu/gpu horsepower.

4k is a bit more GPU dependent since it needs to render more pixels, surround with 3 monitors is much more CPU intensive than single monitor 4k due to calculating a FOV 3x as large.
Because you can only clock a CPU so high, and adding more cores doesn't help for most games, I'd say 3x 1080p is much harder to drive, and it's not possible to directly compare them in relation to cpu/gpu horsepower.

Your wrong. My displays were in portrait orientation 3240x1920 which has an FOV similar to a standard 16:10 display. So that is 6,220,800 pixels @120hz = 746,496,000 AndyTons

A standard 3840 x 2160 = 8,294,400 pixels. 8,294,400 @60hz = 497,664,000 AndyTons

So my setup was pushing 248,832,000 more AndyTons than a standard 4k 60hz display which equates to roughly 50% more demanding GPU load! So yes one Titan GTX, 780TI, or R9 290-290x should push a standard 4k set just fine as long as you don't go over the top with unnecessary eyecandy settings.

Last edited:
Your wrong. My displays were in portrait orientation 3240x1920 which has an FOV similar to a standard 16:10 display. So that is 6,220,800 pixels @120hz = 746,496,000 AndyTons

A standard 3840 x 2160 = 8,294,400 pixels. 8,294,400 @60hz = 497,664,000 AndyTons

So my setup was pushing 248,832,000 more AndyTons than a standard 4k 60hz display which equates to roughly 50% more demanding GPU load! So yes one Titan GTX, 780TI, or R9 290-290x should push a standard 4k set just fine as long as you don't go over the top with unnecessary eyecandy settings.

Ah, if its in portrait thats right of course, almost same aspect ration.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7120/some-quick-gaming-numbers-at-4k-max-settings

Check out that link for a quick look @ 4k benchmarks. Sleeping Dogs in particular crushes 4k setups.

BTW- I tried getting a higher o/c on my CPU but I just couldn't. But then I'm air cooled, so that's probably why.

Yeah....with maximum AA:

Similarly to Metro, Sleeping Dogs (with full SSAA) can bring graphics cards down to their knees. Interestingly during the benchmark some of the scenes that ran well were counterbalanced by the indoor manor scene which could run slower than 2 FPS on the more mid-range cards. In order to feel a full 60 FPS average with max SSAA, we are looking at a quad-SLI setup with GTX Titans.

which is completely unnecessary, if not utterly stupid.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7120/some-quick-gaming-numbers-at-4k-max-settings

Check out that link for a quick look @ 4k benchmarks. Sleeping Dogs in particular crushes 4k setups.

BTW- I tried getting a higher o/c on my CPU but I just couldn't. But then I'm air cooled, so that's probably why.

Ya but you can tone down some of the unneccessary settings to make sleeping dogs still look great while maintaining high fps even with one gpu. I have learned over the years its best to do that then run multiple gpus because I am ultra sensitive to microstutter and ms drives me crazy.

Ya, I'm basically using a car radiator to cool everything :eek:

What's that, a MoRa 3x3?

Ya but you can tone down some of the unneccessary settings to make sleeping dogs still look great while maintaining high fps even with one gpu. I have learned over the years its best to do that then run multiple gpus because I am ultra sensitive to microstutter and ms drives me crazy.

This is supposed to be high end >6 bit tn panel - can someone check if color gradient problems are solved ?

This is supposed to be high end >6 bit tn panel - can someone check if color gradient problems are solved ?

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will test everything.

I forgot what heatsync/fan I'm even running on my setup.:D I do have a nice PS on mine though, an Antec 1200w Gold, I should be able to run 4 Titans if I wanted.

What case/enclosure are you using? I'm looking forward to your review, too.

Back