Samsung Tweets Out Galaxy Note 8 Picture?

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While many are getting ready for an explosion-free Galaxy Note 8 release on August 23rd, it looks as if Samsung's Exynos Twitter account tweeted out a teaser tweet for its Exynos 9 series processor with what might very well be the Note 8. Who knows...

Exynos 9 Series (8895) - A MOBILE PROCESSOR THAT GOES BEYOND MOBILE INNOVATION
The Exynos 9 Series (8895) comes with a countless number of innovations all geared toward one simple goal: to provide the best mobile experience ever. The Exynos 8895, built on a cutting-edge 10nm FinFET process, features a 2nd generation custom CPU core and an advanced GPU for exceptional performance with low power consumption for extended battery life. For faster and reliable network performance, the processor embeds a 1Gbps LTE-Advanced modem that supports aggregation of up to five carriers. The advanced MFC and dual ISP in the processor enables a truly immersive multimedia experience.

Now while I know a lot of folks go nutty about the next phone "design," I have seen a commercial on cable TV the last two night for a mattress, that both times I saw it, was for a phone. I have been trained to think anything rectangular with stylized lighting behind it, the next big thing in phones. Mmmm, mattress. I'm tired.

I wish I could get behind a $1200 phone but I can't. Evolutionary form, design and fuction... I'd like to see revolutionary change for that kind of money. Although plenty of people are waiting with money in hand, yet another pass.

So... the history of the note and galaxy phones is that the US gets snapdragons because of something to do with the LTE chipset in the snapdragons and the rest of the world gets international versions with samsung's Exynos chip.
While the Exynos sounds more advanced (last version had 8 cores, big small design or something and snapdragon had only 4 cores) performance wise they're very close and not really distinguishable.

If it changes this time, that would be new.

I wish I could get behind a $1200 phone but I can't. Evolutionary form, design and fuction... I'd like to see revolutionary change for that kind of money. Although plenty of people are waiting with money in hand, yet another pass.

I was actually thinking about pulling the trigger to upgrade from my Galaxy S5 but at this price not so sure about it. Absolutely ridiculous for a phone to cost that much.

Is the battery user replaceable? Still loving my PAID FOR note 4, which has needed at least two new batteries.

Tired of the phone companies trying to create a permanent rent to own situation... battery dies , new phone is out, upgrade! Pay $$/month for xx months, repeat.

The Samsung iPhone 8 Clone Edition. They are even copying the rumored price of the iPhone 8. Fail

So whats new about this new CPU, have they shoved yet another 8 cores on it to make it the fastest non-mobile phone CPU ever? At least you can keep your testies warm with it, that's when it's not potentially barbecuing them to a crisp with its battery.

So... the history of the note and galaxy phones is that the US gets snapdragons because of something to do with the LTE chipset in the snapdragons and the rest of the world gets international versions with samsung's Exynos chip.
While the Exynos sounds more advanced (last version had 8 cores, big small design or something and snapdragon had only 4 cores) performance wise they're very close and not really distinguishable.

If it changes this time, that would be new.
Maybe they were close in benchmarks but the Exynos versions are reportedly much smoother and with better camera performance.

If their intention is to use the Exynos in ALL variants meaning the US and etc variants (like they did with the Galaxy S6 series) and no Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs to be found in the product line then by all means bring it out. The Exynos models are easier to work with in terms of ROMs/rooting/etc, the bootloaders are typically unlockable whereas the Qualcomm models are tighter than <insert your metaphor of choice here>, and they offer better performance per clock than the Snapdragon-based hardware has in the past as well as showing better battery life too.

Remains to be seen but if they do it, if they pass on Qualcomm this time out like with the S6 series I'd say it's a good thing.

The phone pictured does not appear to have any buttons on the side, it is unlikely to be a note 8 unless the note 8 has a new button arrangement or now even has a soft power button.

Back