Samsung T260, worth $450?

sskk

Weaksauce
I am going to buy a monitor very soon, futureshop and bestbuy both have T260 for $450, which sounds like a very good deal.

I searched around, but unable to find a comprehensive review for it, could someone who used it please give some feedback?

My usage will likely be, 2/5 gaming, 1/5 movie, 2/5 others.

Thanks.

Dude, TN or not is not a question, the question is, "Is this a good TN?".

When I see the 32" 1080p HDTVs on sale occasionally for $550 it really makes me wonder why anyone would buy one of these overgrown TN abortions.

Well, 32 is too big and heavy, and HDTV tend to have huge amount of lag, 50ms+ easy, and lots of new PC games are made with 16:10 in mind.

The question is if this monitor is worth it's price. And since a TN isn't worth a darned thing, the monitor ain't worth it.

Why do people continously thread crap with TN is this and that. News flash, most ordinary people will be quite satisfied with a TN panel. Not everyone can justify spending money on IPS panels. Most people needs are met with a TN.

All of the current LCD types have gigantic issues. Pick your poison.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for that size monitor in that price range? I'm looking at getting a 26" monitor soon, and I'd love to know if there have been any comparisons in that field: $500-600, 26 inches.

People like to recommend getting a 32" TV, and I plan on doing that as well eventually. But I'd like to know what the best of that particular bracket is. I've asked about the T260 a few times before but nobody seems to have done a comprehensive review.

I am also planning to buy either the Samsung T260 or LG W2600V-FP. like you, I’m also waiting for a good review. Already made a thread asking for comments, but didn't receive any replies yet.

The question is if this monitor is worth it's price. And since a TN isn't worth a darned thing, the monitor ain't worth it.
I don’t understand why people bash TN panels so much... IPS panels are good, I agree; but the cost really doesn’t justify the quality difference (unless you are a professional graphics designer or a photographer). IMO for general computing, movies and games, TN panels are good enough.

I don’t understand why people bash TN panels so much...IMO for general computing, movies and games, TN panels are good enough.
Sure, if you sit with your head clamped so your eyes are exactly centered on the screen, and don't move your eyeballs. At 24" and up there's enough change in viewing angle from the center of the screen to the top and bottom that you don't even have to move your head to see colour shift on a TN.

Sure, if you sit with your head clamped so your eyes are exactly centered on the screen, and don't move your eyeballs. At 24" and up there's enough change in viewing angle from the center of the screen to the top and bottom that you don't even have to move your head to see colour shift on a TN.

I can certainly vouch for that! The terrible viewing angle has me on the brink of taking this sucker back....... BUT, what will I replace it with??? I have the Samsung T240.

Yup! I knew within 30 seconds my T260 was going back. I tried the T240 and again, although not as bad, the bottom half was much brighter than the top. The T260 had terrible bleed on all four sides. I now have a G2400WD and again, searching for a new panel--TNs suck. This is not as bad as the Sammy's but still it annoys me. I may have to live with this one..It's impossible to find a non TN that is acceptable for gaming.

I got this monitor for $395 shipped before cashback on ebay. I literally will only game and surf the net on it. I've been using a Sony HS95p/s up until now from 2005, so I'll let you know my opinion on Thursday. I would have gone for a Dell 2408w but I read the input lag was brutal, my work just installed 2208s at everyones desk and they kick ass for programming.

I don't really see what is with all the complaints. I have a T260HD and its a good screen. Its not the best screen ever but the price is right. The 1080p 32" TVs are much more expensive (atleast for the good brands) and some don't even have as good of response times. Not a single one of my friends has noticed anything wrong with it, so its not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Yup! I knew within 30 seconds my T260 was going back. I tried the T240 and again, although not as bad, the bottom half was much brighter than the top. The T260 had terrible bleed on all four sides. I now have a G2400WD and again, searching for a new panel--TNs suck. This is not as bad as the Sammy's but still it annoys me. I may have to live with this one..It's impossible to find a non TN that is acceptable for gaming.

Dell 2007FP
Dell 3007WFP-HC
LG W2600H
LG W3000H

IPS does as good as TN in responsetime. In all other aspects it's better.

IF the LG W2600H in my local best buy is an IPS, I would have bought it already, the ones I see are all TN, the "IPS version" is nothing but a myth to me.

BTW, please stop this useless TN is crap BS. People here are ask for feedback, not trolling.

IF the LG W2600H in my local best buy is an IPS, I would have bought it already, the ones I see are all TN, the "IPS version" is nothing but a myth to me.

To bad to here. Over here the W2600H is IPS :confused: . I guess LG should clear up their mind and not change panels dependant on continent.

BTW, please stop this useless TN is crap BS. People here are ask for feedback, not trolling.

Yeah, and they do get the feedback they ask for.

I bought the Samsung T240 recently, and I'm very happy with it. Yes it's a TN, but I only needed it for gaming and movies. I knew what to expect.

And again, the monitor is great. So if you're looking for a good TN panel, I think the T260 is a great choice. As for the price, I would definitely recommend the Live! Cashback route on eBay.

I'll just say; the entire point of TN is 'fast and cheap'. All TNs have the 'fast' part down, but when I see a TN panel monitor pushing close to $500, I fail to see the point of it. For $500 you might as well invest in a *VA or an H-IPS like the HP LP2475, which is only $100 more. Nominally, no TN should cost more than $350.

As far the T260 goes, the non-HD model lacks 1:1 pixel mapping, which is a popular and a useful feature. It also doesn't have component input or an ATSC/NTSC tuner. You can see all the differences between the HD and non-HD here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS26TWHSUV/ZA&fullspec=F

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS26TDNSUV/ZA&fullspec=F

The major advantage the vanilla T260 has over the HD variant is that its faster in terms of lag and response time.

Now, in my opinion, its NOT worth the money to get the non-HD version. The entire point of the T240HD and T260HD is that you get all the features of an HDTV (tv tuner, 1:1, wide variety of inputs) with the resolution and footprint of a PC monitor. If you DON'T need the HDTV features, there are better TN monitors out there for $450. Namely, the BenQ V2400W/G2400WD.

The V2400W sells for $399 and is the best TN monitor you can buy. A MUCH better choice compared to the T260 (unless you absolutely must have a 26" monitor for some bizarre reason):

http://store.benq.us/benq-us/product.aspx?sku=3844863&culture=en-US

Its cheaper, has a good range of inputs, and has the 1:1 pixel mapping that the T260 lacks.

The G2400WD is the same:

http://store.benq.us/benq-us/product.aspx?sku=3844862&culture=en-US

LG W2600V-PF is another 25.5” with some of the features T260 lacks : 1:1 pixel mapping , 4:3 mode, Picture in Picture (for HDMI and VGA), Height adjustable stand (also supports tilt and swivel). but unfortunatly, no professional reviews for that either.
These two are my top two candidates for the moment.

LG W2600V-PF is another 25.5” with some of the features T260 lacks : 1:1 pixel mapping , 4:3 mode, Picture in Picture (for HDMI and VGA), Height adjustable stand (also supports tilt and swivel). but unfortunatly, no professional reviews for that either.

Look at this http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/display/display/1/storefronts/FF621AA%23ABA HP w2558hc.

Unfortunatly, no professional reviews for that either, too new.

This is a new release, I own it and love it. It's loaded with extras. Google for your best price currently about 478.00 @ B&H. I got mine on the 40% HP Cashback dealon Blackfriday. Zero dead pixels and great color.

Who said something about that screen?

I just got the T260 off ebay and got it hooked up tonight. The only things I will be using it for will be gaming and surfing, with occasional family video editing. I played L4D and WoW and both looked spectacular compared to my old Sony H95 LCD.

My head is about 4 feet away from the monitor and the view is nice. It is comparable to my 50" HD DLP I have in the basement in terms of view, where I sit prolly 8-10 feet away.

As of now if you don't plan on being a professional photo editor, using it as an all in one display (HDTV/Consoles), I see no reason why not to get this monitor. I really like it, and the colors are all the same from my viewing angle. My cousin said it right, no matter what display you pick, there will be someone on a forum tearing it apart.

So if you want it for internet and gaming I say pull the trigger.

Coming from a 19" 1280x1024 my framerates did drop a bit on my 8800GTS 640mb (running on a core2 E6600), so I would take that into consideration as well. They are now running at about 30fps instead of 60.

Back