Samsung T260 25.5"

Slachtbeest

Limp Gawd
Since a lot of individuals have helped out with info on displays and such, figured I'd drop a line regarding the Samsung T260 25.5." Widescreen, which I recently just purchased.

Don't plan on doing a full review, but will say as a hardcore gamer and web designer, that it's an excellent monitor with a ton of real estate. Color reproduction is as good as the 22" Widescreen LG (which was excellent, and now has been passed on to my wife), and I've noticed absolutely no input lag or ghosting in any FPS title I've tested it with so far.

Being mainly into FPS, as so many others are, I was worried about any lag or ghosting, but it looks and plays completely clean. I've seen some discussion around regarding this monitor in places, and I would tell anyone not to hesitate if you're looking for what's really a 26" for a decent price that has great color reproduction and handles FPS titles with no problem, as long as you have a GPU to power that much real estate.

I actually went to a b&m store (Best Buy) in order to avoid having a monitor shipped, and with tax is came to $488 even, though it would have been about the same to have it shipped to me faster, considering I don't let my electronics sit on UPS trucks for days on end.

I'm running it with an EVGA GTX 280, E8600, Rampage Formula, 2GB RAM and XP Pro and I haven't had to drop my settings in any games. I prefer everything maxed, and though I haven't tested it with everything yet, even with something such as Fallout 3 I've not had any lag, ghosting etc. what-so-ever, with all settings still maxed.

Truly an excellent monitor I'd recommend to anyone who can game at 1920x1200 res.

I was originally planning on moving to a 24" today, but came across some good reviews of this, checked it out in-store (a lot of settings most importantly, but it's also a sharp looking monitor), and haven't regretted it for a second. Quite a trip gaming at this size!

So, for what it's worth, if you're looking, it's running around $420-$450 depending on where you go, and definitely worth the purchase.

Cheers!

Slachtbeest,

I've been looking at this monitor as well. The only drawback I was concerned about is the stand isn't height adjustable...

If you have time, could you do me a favor and measure the distance between your desk and the bottom of the frame on the T260?

Thanks in advance,

Liquid Cool

Slachtbeest,

I've been looking at this monitor as well. The only drawback I was concerned about is the stand isn't height adjustable...

If you have time, could you do me a favor and measure the distance between your desk and the bottom of the frame on the T260?

Thanks in advance,

Liquid Cool

Here you go :
t260dxx2.jpg

from a review I wrote about the monitor.

Just a quick note on your shipping comment.
I had 2 G2400WDs sent to me regular shipping by ncixus, and they don't even use an outer box. However beat up the boxes looked both had no problems. One was in transit for 2 weeks and sat at the PO for another week heh.

And you can't really hold the stand against them, any monitor in the low price range of value TNs have crappy stands with no height adjust. I have a college textbook raising my 2400 up heh

@ Malakai: Yeah, but unfortunately, many have problems getting things from EGG etc., who have a policy of no returns unless you have at least eight dead pixels. Most of the time, shippers such as UPS aren't the most... careful... with packages, heh.

...and yeah, the stand isn't that much of an issue. I use a stack of sticky notes under the back of my stand, lol! :D

@ Liquid Cool: Sorry I didn't get back to ya with that quicker, but glad someone did in the mean while.

It's truly an excellent monitor. Have had it for a week+ now, and it's been phenomenal. I actually didn't even have to calibrate a single thing, as it reproduced the colors of my other monitor (which was set up perfectly for graphic art and gaming) right out of the box.

Finally gaming at this size is a blast as well! My wife goes, "It's like another friggin' TV!", lol. And she gets to inherit my 22" widescreen now and move away from the little 19" LCD she's been using. Great color, but man, that's too small! :D

Cheers!

Back