Samsung T240HD Review + Pics

At Kuroudu, just tested it out with Wii and PS2 both with component cables and it looks great. It does have the 1:1 pixel mapping in component. The PQ is overall nice, I'd take pictures but my camera is crud; its a Polaroid something. Got it as a gift. lol If you want the pics just ask. Off Topic - Sadly though I just don't play the Wii that much anymore; only if friends come over we play Brawl. Should I sell it?

Awesome I am really happy to hear it looks great as well! This was the only decision to warrant me to buy this monitor and I am glad this monitor doesn't let down in this department. If it isn't much work, I would like to have some pics of this monitor with the PS2 as source. I am gonna order this monitor anyway so it is not a big factor if you are not able to post the pics.

Thanks again!

Greets,

Kuroudu

Sure no prob. I'll do it tonight. I've got God Of War, Ratchet And Clank series, Dark Cloud 2, Tekken 5 and Metal Gear Solid series. Used to have tons more, but sold them to Gamestop (stupidest move ever) to get a 360 only then to sell the 360 to get a PS3.

i believe the T240 does not have 1:1. read this thread in its entirety.

my best buy has the T240 and T260, but not the T240HD or T260HD.
real subtle differences overall, but are crucial to performance.

oh, and OP, where did you get that wallpaper of earth? i dig it. if you could post it or tell me where to find it, i would be very grateful

thanks,
kyle

Here is the wallpaper link.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/250233963_ba146d059c_o.jpg

I just bought the non HD version and all I have to say is the picture is absolutely amazing. No dead pixels either from what I can tell. I only have one question though. When I tried to change the refresh rate I have only one setting. 60 hz. I cant even check or uncheck the "hide modes this monitor cannot display" its all grayed out. according to the specs this monitor can support

Horizontal Refresh Rate 30~81kHz
Vertical Refresh Rate 56~75Hz (V)

I was just curious why I cant change the settings? Or is 60 hz the only refresh rate this monitor supports?

thanks for the pictures!!
Good to see some pictures and it does look very good! Gonna order this monitor in the next couple days :D.

I just bought the non HD version and all I have to say is the picture is absolutely amazing. No dead pixels either from what I can tell. I only have one question though. When I tried to change the refresh rate I have only one setting. 60 hz. I cant even check or uncheck the "hide modes this monitor cannot display" its all grayed out. according to the specs this monitor can support

Horizontal Refresh Rate 30~81kHz
Vertical Refresh Rate 56~75Hz (V)

I was just curious why I cant change the settings? Or is 60 hz the only refresh rate this monitor supports?

DVI = 60 hz. I bet you have it hooked up over DVI. You cannot get anything greater than 60 on DVI.

Yeah as usual the pics don't do it justice. Its not blurry at all, the picture is sharp and vibrant. I used component cables with the PS2 by the way. I have no regrets at all!

could you post a pic or comment on the viewing angle from below? Like about 6 feet back and with eye level at the bottom of the screen or so? If I get one of these, I would spend time viewing the TV part of it from slightly below.

I just shipped off my T260 a few hours ago to an E-Bay buyer and picked up a T260HD. So far so good, except the monitor isn't picking up any HD channels over the air. Has anyone been able to obtain channels from the tuner? Is there a special option I should know about? I made sure to follow the manual's instructions but no luck.

Well right now all I've been using my monitor with is a PS3. For games I like it to be somewhat oversaturated. At night I use the power save feature on high. Tried out some movies and the skin tones were'nt as saturated as I thought they'd be. They looked balanced to me, but then again I don't really mess with the tints. I'm welcome to any suggestions!

Dynamic Mode
Backlight 8
Contrast 88
Brightness 65
Sharpness 75 *personal preference I like to see the "jaggies"
Color 78
Tint 50/50
Normal Black Level
Normal Color Tone

After researching the issue, I think I've found the problem.....:D I need to attach an antenna to pickup the signals. For some reason I've always thought built in tuners automatically collected HD channels without any extra attachment.

Wow! I thought I had a fairly good understanding of modern technologies. Guess I have some work to do :p

Thanks one. Do you mean the Dynamic contrast mode? If I select that, I can't change the contrast or brightness. Also, I can't find the backlight setting. Thanks.

No prob. Yeah when you hit the menu button, it says Mode : Dynamic. Can't change the contrast or brightness? I can? What are you using though? My PS3 is connected over HDMI. For backlight its under Setup; its called Energy Saving. And there's "Backlight" (lol) under picture as well.

After researching the issue, I think I've found the problem.....:D I need to attach an antenna to pickup the signals. For some reason I've always thought built in tuners automatically collected HD channels without any extra attachment.

Wow! I thought I had a fairly good understanding of modern technologies. Guess I have some work to do :p

Hahaha that happened to me too! Still don't fully understand it though. I guess I'll just wait till February to get digital tv -- or I can just watch some Blu-Ray! :D

I forgot to mention I have the T240. There is no dynamic mode on mine. Also, there is no energy saving mode. Are these things exclusive to the HD version? I am using DVI btw.

My monitor is really bright. I left it at the same settings but restarted my computer and I could swear it went brighter but the colors stayed the same. MY RGB gamma settings are all 2.11, with contrast 90. brightness 25 and sharpness 50. What settings are you guys all using for DVI?

Pissed off at the moment... I think I preferred the just scan option on my T260 over the 1:1 pixel mapping on the T260HD. In my opinion, the 16:9 option on the T260HD sort of takes away from the picture. Even though many people says that the T260 stretches the picture, I feel the image looked a lot better on the T260 without the black bars on the top and bottom. You can take away the black bars while using the T260HD but it definitely cuts off from the top and bottom. Full screen (just scan) on the T260 doesn't cut anything off ..... at least not that I can tell.

Wow everyone around here likes their screens super dim. I guess I'm the only one that likes the default screen brightness? lol

bestbuy didnt have any screens to test, circuit city only had 22in (and wanted a restock fee if i didnt upgrade to a larger one there) pffft

waiting for BB to get more in stock...

will console games and pc fps games deal the same lag,ghosting?

currently played some CSS on syncmaster 712n...didnt notice any lag looked alright..

yeah I keep going to my local best buy to try to see one in person, but my local store sucks and has crappy selection :(

How exactly do you do that? Do you just buy a HD OVA Antenna and just connect it? Would this work http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8280843&type=product&id=1171058630563

that whould work, but if you don't live too far from a broadcasting tower (check http://www.antennaweb.org/), then I suggest trying this first:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8280834&type=product&id=1171058630499

I am quite impressed with the tuner (I got a T220HD), I was only able to pick up 3-4 stations at a time using a PCI tuner card with the $10 antenna, but on the T220HD, I got all the major HD channels and then some.

Thanks tempuraki, I'll look into that. I'll buy it next time I drop by BB and see how it works out.

Hi. I've been looking around for a little while now for an LCD that can replace the colossal CRT standing on my desk. I need an LCD that is good at the things I use my pc for.. namely gaming, some photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop, web surfing and text editing. I don't watch any movies on the pc, but the occasional Top Gear episode :)

Could the T240 be the one for me? How is the viewing angle on it? Can I see any black gradient at the top? For example when editing photos this could be a real pain..

I'd be grateful for any input to end my head spinning search for an LCD.

I just got the t260HD monitor from BB.
588 with tax.
Its bright and games look fantastic on it. What settings do you guys keep em at?

The colors are anything but washed out on mine. Try a high contrast and a mid to low brightness depending on the ambient light in your room.

I have a few PC games, Oblivion, Company of Heroes, and a few others I can test. Anything you need in particular?
Could you check and take picture games at lower than standard resolution for example 1680x1050, 1440x900, 1280x1024 and 800x600?

Sorry to add to the questions:D

But, when you view a white background can you notice any hint of darkness on the sides or corners? Perhaps a yellowish tint like you would see when viewing from the side? Google is a good test of this because of it's white background.

I am thinking of picking up either a T240HD or T220HD, but I am leaning to the T220HD simply because 24 inches seems like overkill for my space, and to save money on a video card pushing a lower resolution.

How does the T220HD handle console gaming? I know these monitors do 1080p, but since the res is 1680x1050, how does it do 1080p?

Is the T260 the same quality as the T240? The T260 is only $50 more than the T240. Is there any other reason not to buy the T260 instead of the T240 besides the fact that it costs a little more and for some might be too big?

TN-panel TV makes no sense. All I can picture is you lean back to watch TV, and all the colors on top of the screen get inverted.

I also thought text is extremely poor quality on this panel very fuzzy.

Back