Samsung T240 vs. T260

new@this

Weaksauce
I just purchased a 24" Samsung SyncMaster T240 and I am very happy with it. However, I have 30 days to return/exchange it at Best Buy and so I am wondering if its worth it to spend a bit more $ and upgrade to the 26" T260 ?

They both run at 1920x1200 res, so I'm wondering if the pixels are "stretched" in the 26" version? If the picture quality is better in the 24" model, I will keep it. But if not, do you guys think its worth it to return the T240 for a T260?

I am primarily a gamer so I'm thinking the larger model would help in FPS games but if its the same resolution will it even make a difference?

Thanks for any advice!

I just purchased a 24" Samsung SyncMaster T240 and I am very happy with it. However, I have 30 days to return/exchange it at Best Buy and so I am wondering if its worth it to spend a bit more $ and upgrade to the 26" T260 ?

They both run at 1920x1200 res, so I'm wondering if the pixels are "stretched" in the 26" version? If the picture quality is better in the 24" model, I will keep it. But if not, do you guys think its worth it to return the T240 for a T260?

I am primarily a gamer so I'm thinking the larger model would help in FPS games but if its the same resolution will it even make a difference?

Thanks for any advice!

Idk, Just bought a T240 online yesterday. Was debating going for the T260 but I got my T240 for 215AR and the T260 would be 360AR. Idk if the $145 extra I put out is worth the cash. Anyway hows the experience so far with it? Is the color vibrant and how bad is the input lag?

The monitor is great, very good colors and amazing black for a LCD and the response time is great for games. I switched from a 22" CRT and I was worried about ghosting on the LCD but there seems to only be a very slight blur when moving fast in FPS games. The high def picture quality however is fantastic and that trumps the blur in my opinion as my PC games have never looked so beautiful. I am running 2 8800GTX in SLI and they really shine with the 1920x1200 widescreen res! Overall I am very impressed, but now I'm going to have to replay Bioshock and Crysis just for the extra visual candy this monitor delivers!

I have a T260, and like it a lot. What is the price difference ? for me it was around $50 more than T240. Side-by-side there is a notable size difference. But I don't think that extra 1.5" is worth $150 more....

BTW the viewable area of T260 is actually a 25.5".

I'm thinking about getting one of these displays myself so I too would like to know if its worth getting the T260 over the T240. If they are the same resolution, does the T260 make the image look stretched compared to t240??

definitely not worth the $150 price difference stick with your current monitor and you won't regret it.

If you want a bigger e-peen but cant afford a 30" monitor go for the T260. Too many people have 24" monitors nowadays anyway.

Can someone Answer the question on....Is the picture quality better on the 24" because the pixels are smaller? Or is it hard to tell.

I had the T260 for a couple of weeks. Returned it cause the monitor was too high on the desk and there was no height ajustment. Now I'm finding there is an adapter to VESA mount it, so I might be leaning back towards the T260/T240

Nate

I have the T260hd. I saw the two monitors side by side in Fry's. the 240 was noticably darker. I went with the 260hd cause I just figured the display monitors color was just outta whack. That wasnt the case. Their seems to be a little more light bleed from the 260hd. and the dark just doesnt seem as dark as the 240 display model.

I'm going to take my t260 back, and try out the standard t260. I've heard the HD models have more lag. and in Samsungs own specs. it has a 10000:1 cantrast vs the t240 t260 20000:1. If the standard t260 doesnt have the blackness(lol) that the t240 does when I bring it home. I will have a tough decision. but I would probly still keep the t260. Its The best monitor I've ever used, and the darkness factor is just splitting hairs. Plus 26"s is just bad ass.

Keep in mind. I have a lot of time on my hands, and I live about a mile from fry's Electronics. so all this swapping is easy for me to do.

During the process of writing this. I've made my decision. I'm going to return the t260HD, and pick up the regular t260.

Don't know what settings you're using on your T260, but I tweaked my PS3 and the HDMI Black level and that thing is black and dark. I love my monitor. I watched Batman on it and was impressed on the dark scenes. I tried it with the AV mode on and it boosted other stuff but I took it off.

PS3 via DVI-HDMI cable.

HD DVR via HDMI and that looks good too. You just have to play with the settings.

So................which is better: T240 or T260? Since both has same specs..........

i have a deal of $69 difference between 24 n 26, worth it to buy the 26?

Back