Samsung SyncMaster P2570 Turns off on it's own

sniperbob151

Limp Gawd
So,

In the middle of playing an epic round of MW2 S&D last night my Sammy P2570 decided to turn off all by itself. When it does this it won't turn back on until you unplug the power connector from the back of the monitor and then plug it back in. The "touch" buttons are unresponsive until that occurs. Then it will turn back on but will only stay on for a short period of time before doing the same thing over again. Anyone experience anything like this?

I've already opened a support ticket through Samsung but wanted to ask here too before I sent it out to them on MY DIME to get looked at... Any info is greatly appreciated.

great, just tried twice to set up a service request online... Timed out twice. Going to ...call samsung... This should be fun...

hate to bring up a dead thread, but figured I'd bring some closure to this. Finally got ahold of Samsung Customer Service and set up an RMA for the monitor. They paid for shipping both ways, and on return of the monitor, it was indicated that they replaced the LCD panel as well as the entire front bezel for the screen. My guess is the "touch" buttons on the front weren't playing nice with everything else and shorted or fried something else.

Just glad that Samsung stood behind their product (even if I did buy it open-box from the egg :D ) Now I have a new panel minus the two scratches that were on it when I got it open-box! WHOOPEE!

Back