Samsung Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM HDD 79.99 FS A/C

very torn right now. This is a good price, but I'd hate it if another $60 deal came by.

decisions decisions

i just received my 10 drives today from the $60 deal. man-o-man can we please get that lucky again.

I'm also hoping they are $60 again soon.. have a feeling I'm going to have to replace my 250GB WD.

very torn right now. This is a good price, but I'd hate it if another $60 deal came by.

decisions decisions

Yeah, I'm kicking myself wishing I had ordered a couple of them... I even saw the deal while it was alive yet decided not to at that time :(.

i just got my 4 last night. whats the best free tool for cloning my old 2TB to my new 2TB?

Yeah this is a pretty good deal, but if you think about it, paying $80 a pop is like buying 3 get 1 free for the $60 deal :D
Ya, many of us will never forget that deal.

Now wishing i didn't resist, i should have bought one :eek:

I've got two of these drives (when they just came out and were much more expensive). They are very nice and the egg did a good job packing them up. You can't lose. Bigger, cheaper, and faster!

Old Samsung 1 TB drive
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0 x64 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 93.774 MB/s
Sequential Write : 88.116 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 31.233 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 35.120 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.374 MB/s [ 91.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.957 MB/s [ 233.6 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.539 MB/s [ 131.5 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.921 MB/s [ 225.0 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [D: 70.0% (651.6/931.5 GB)] (x5)

New Samsung F4 2 TB with 700 Gig of files

CrystalDiskMark 3.0 x64 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 125.308 MB/s
Sequential Write : 118.913 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 38.805 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 47.165 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.443 MB/s [ 108.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.139 MB/s [ 278.1 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.949 MB/s [ 231.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.153 MB/s [ 281.4 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [D: 36.9% (687.0/1863.0 GB)] (x5)

Maybe I should return my 2tb xt i got at work for 140 and get two of these for general storage. :)

haha, I bought one like ten minutes after posting. Should be here monday. Yay for backup for my current 2tb drive. If another $60 deal comes around I'll have to get some more for raid setup

i didnt see the $60 deal. I hope black friday brings them back down to $60. then ill buy two of these!

i just got my 4 last night. whats the best free tool for cloning my old 2TB to my new 2TB?

If you have a Western Digital HDD in your system, you can use the free Acrosnis software from the WD site to do the same thing.

I think they are going to do the $60 thing again on this in the next day or 2, anyone else think so?

If you have a Western Digital HDD in your system, you can use the free Acrosnis software from the WD site to do the same thing.

yeah i was copying from some WD greens, so thats what i used. wouldnt work for the os drive though, so i ended up having to reinstall windows and then just drag everything across. :/ worked great for the other drive though.

No way, they wouldn't of honored that many orders then

It wasn't a pricing error but if I had to ponder a guess, they unintentionally put up 2 concurrent promotions for that drive which took an additional $20 off the already "on-sale" drive at $80.

It wasn't a pricing error but if I had to ponder a guess, they unintentionally put up 2 concurrent promotions for that drive which took an additional $20 off the already "on-sale" drive at $80.

correct! - the problem is that 2 current promotions were both still valid. only *one* should have been.

I know this because I made 1 order to pay by money order - then called customer service and told them I wished to pay with credit card instead. the CS rep told me I was lucky to get both discounts and that only 1 should have been valid.

so the $60 price won't be coming anytime soon.

Thanks for being the test animal lol

I also bit for 4 of them and paid with paypal.

I hope it works out. I hope it is not a price mistake. Seems like this would be the sale price on the 1tb samsung f4 not the 2TB.

correct! - the problem is that 2 current promotions were both still valid. only *one* should have been.

I know this because I made 1 order to pay by money order - then called customer service and told them I wished to pay with credit card instead. the CS rep told me I was lucky to get both discounts and that only 1 should have been valid.

so the $60 price won't be coming anytime soon.
that's enlightening.

I had been holding out, thinking the $60 price would come again soon. Judging by this, that may not be the case.

So, its time to find the best $80 drive I can buy....

I also bit for 4 of them and paid with paypal.

I hope it works out. I hope it is not a price mistake. Seems like this would be the sale price on the 1tb samsung f4 not the 2TB.

arlight lmk how it goes because I would like to pick up one or two more.

I bit for 1 on the futurepc deal, let's hope it works lol, $55 for an F4 is killer

i just ordered two from futurepowerpc

How? It said the price has been $113 now for over a day.

Also when I do a search for the F4 on FuturePowerPC it comes up as model # HD204UI/Z4

Doesn't the Z4 mean it's a refurb? I better not get a f***ing refurb drive from FuturePowerPC

How? It said the price has been $113 now for over a day.

Also when I do a search for the F4 on FuturePowerPC it comes up as model # HD204UI/Z4

Doesn't the Z4 mean it's a refurb? I better not get a f***ing refurb drive from FuturePowerPC

Did it ship yet? Were you charged? Call and find out.. the website said ~$55 this am, but that page is not available now.... sketchy..:confused:

I ordered two from Futurepowerpc.com on Sunday for $55 each. The description said "new", so I hope they are that.

Unfortunately they still haven't shipped. The Status oddly just says "ETA".

Back