Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Hitachi H3IK10003272SP?

The failure rate on the Samsungs seems to relate to the packing and shipping method. Fedex failure rate = nonexistant, UPS failure rate= fairly high. I have bought 6 of them in the last 2 months and all were perfect so far. The first 2 from newegg were pretty shitty packaging; minimal bubble wrap in a cardboard wrapper. In the same shitty shipment as the drives I had an OEM cpu floating free in a plastic clamshell (bent pins anyone?). The last 4 (2 separate shipments) have been much improved.

I think that someone from newegg RMA walked over to the shipping dock and kicked all their asses because the packaging is MUCH better.

I am running it as main OS drive (plus backup) on 3 systems and no probs so far. 116MB avg on HD tune consistently across all 6.

no idea on the Hitachi.

I think that someone from newegg RMA walked over to the shipping dock and kicked all their asses because the packaging is MUCH better.

Well, I hope that is the case. The last couple purchases I have had come in from NewEgg and UPS looked like they had been through WW3. Thank goodness EVGA packs their video cards fairly well when I bought the 470 in June. My e-mail to NewEgg and UPS was not something they would want to show their children.

My e-mail to NewEgg and UPS was not something they would want to show their children.

Lol, I would love to see that. I Ripped newegg a new asshole for shipping my oem cpu in a plain plastic clamshell...which resulted in bent pins.

Back