Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB $50.99 shipped

Damnit I just bought 2 2TB drives at Microcenter. Would have saved me a few bucks.

finally bit, felt this was a good price at $0.05 a gigabyte. time to retire my 8 year old 74 gig raptor.

This code also make a 2TB F4 a wonderful deal. I might have to make a purchase tomorrow for my WHS

Saw this on slickdeals

Well I guess I get to install windows XP on a new HD whenever this comes.

Should breathe enough life into my s939 for me to hold off till Bulldozer arrives in June.

WHy haven't I purchased this yet. I keep wanting one or 2 of these... ahhhh

Saw this on slickdeals

Well I guess I get to install windows XP on a new HD whenever this comes.

Should breathe enough life into my s939 for me to hold off till Bulldozer arrives in June.
wow. two thoughts:

1. this hard drive probably isn't going to do *that* much for your rig. This hard drive + a fresh Windows install will certainly help, but don't expect miracles. If you just need speed maybe a $100 60GB SSD is a better bet?

2. you've held on to that 939 rig for a long time! Planning to shoot your wad on bulldozer sounds like fun :)

damn, I got a 1tb hitachi for $50 a couple weeeks ago. I'm not having problems with the drive, but this drive is just better at performance.

wow. two thoughts:

1. this hard drive probably isn't going to do *that* much for your rig. This hard drive + a fresh Windows install will certainly help, but don't expect miracles. If you just need speed maybe a $100 60GB SSD is a better bet?

2. you've held on to that 939 rig for a long time! Planning to shoot your wad on bulldozer sounds like fun :)

Well I have not done a fresh windows install in maybe 3 years. So that combined with better HD technology will hopefully improve the couple second delay I sometimes get trying to create a new folder etc :p

I will definitely be getting a SSD when I build my new computer, then the 1tb can become storage.

Just got one from Newegg for $5 more then this last week. I'm liking it so far. Replacing my 2 36Gb raptors, and an old 160GB WD.

I have 3 of these, 2 out of 3 exhibit nasty spiking behavior in speed testing using HD Tune Pro (search threads started by me in the data storage section of the forum to see pictures and more info) and the two that do this are consequently of use for nothing except backup storage. They can't play media (spiking = video pausing), they can't play games (spiking = stuttering), and they can't be relied upon for primary storage because the spiking gives me no confidence in the drives' long term reliability. They don't exhibit smart errors and Samsung's dos mode tool says they are healthy, but they exhibit this ridiculous behavior on 3 separate chipsets with different cables/power supplies, so I know it is the drives.

I'm not buying any more.

They used to be ewiz. I've ordered from them many times without issue but some people seem to have iss7es with them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is Superbiiz a reputable merchant?

Yes. Only problem I have had is when your shipping address is different than your billing address they will call you for confirmation which is a good thing although it delayed shipping a few days.

nice find OP. I ordered the same HDD from them 2 weeks ago for $59.99. Since my order only shipped Friday maybe I can call them to see if they can apply the code for me.

Yes. Only problem I have had is when your shipping address is different than your billing address they will call you for confirmation which is a good thing although it delayed shipping a few days.

Figures... I want to ship this to my place of work as I'm trying to keep my upgrade on the down-low from the boss. :D

Edit: I just tried to create an account with them... it wouldn't even let me unless I check off that my shipping address is listed with my credit card as an alternate shipping address. I understand why they are doing that, I'm just not going thru the hassle of that.

Last edited:
In it to order it- thank you for the heads up, I have been looking for a while, but got tired of slickdeals.

Figures... I want to ship this to my place of work as I'm trying to keep my upgrade on the down-low from the boss. :D

Edit: I just tried to create an account with them... it wouldn't even let me unless I check off that my shipping address is listed with my credit card as an alternate shipping address. I understand why they are doing that, I'm just not going thru the hassle of that.

Really no hassle - just call the 800 number on your CC, tell them you want to add your work address as an alternate. I have my CC setup this way, since my wife and I are usually not home during the week so I can have big purchases shipped to work where someone is always available to sign for them.

N42 more. Just using them as storage drives but the speed is sooooo much better than my WD blacks.

Anyones order actually get shipped yet? mine is still processing after 24 hours....

Ordered this morning, called bank right after to fix up address mis-matches. Then emailed support and they replied within half an hour saying they called the bank and everything was OK. At the end of the day today the shipping label had been printed. It's my first time ordering from them, but I'm impressed so far.

Back