Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB, any problems with them?

jtg1993

Gawd
Well my Seagate 1TB has 12 reallocated sectors and I can't trust my data on it anymore. So im going to get a new drive while this one is out for RMA, I was going to get a WD Caviar GP 1TB but there out of stock localy and I don't want to order one online. I read all the problems with the Seagate's so im not going to get another one. The Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB is going for pretty cheap and also in stock there too, so tell me all your success or horror stories about the Samsung F1 1TB.

current statistics of my smg f1 1t drives: 3 working just nice, 1 rma'ed due reallocated sectors decrese :D
maybe it was unlucky, maybe its just avg, cause with 750g life was nicer ... ~30+ fine, 2 rma'ed for same reason as 1t

For all intents and purposes, the Samsung Spinpoint F1s are pretty good overall; quiet, fast, and reliable. Back in the day I vaguely seem to recall some initial issues with the first batches but they have since been resolved.

I would be totally comfortable by getting those drives. Of course you can't stop a chance of a DOA, as with any hard drive, considering the way certain stores pack their goods and how UPS/FedEx/DHL plays soccer with your packages! :eek:

I'm running these in Raid 0, absolutely fabulous drives, I can't even hear them and they run cooler
than any other drive in my system by about 5 degrees. Look at the reviews online, nothing but
positives.

I've been running one Samsung for 6 months and another for 1 month.
Simply awesome drives, very cool and fast.
A+++ would buy again :p

They'll be a safer buy than Seagate HDDs at this point at the very least :)

I'm running a 750 GB F1 HDD as well.

Ok thanks so much I guess I will get a Samsung. When I have enough money I will pick up another one for doing backups.

Awesome drives! Very fast aswell. Not to mention I got mine for $95 shipped from Newegg.

Back