SAMSUNG Series 9 S27B970D owners I need some help

Sky15

2[H]4U
How do you have your monitor calibrated for optimal color? Like I want my whites white, not washed out.

I've got a S27B970D and a X-Rite i1Display Pro that I've used to adjust the standard and High Bright settings a bit.

Both Standard and High Bright use the factory calibrated color profile, as you notice when you power the monitor on and it applies the calibration. The difference between the two is that High Bright doesn't have uniformity correction, so you get a brighter image with more contrast, but at the cost of more uneven backlight distribution. The way uniformity correction works is that parts of the image are lowered in brightness in software (I think?) so that the entire screen matches the brightness of the dimmest part of the screen. I've had a few NEC Multisync screens and their uniformity correction looks exactly the same as the one Samsung uses on the S27B970D. It makes for a more uniform image, but at a noticeable cost for contrast. It's still even enough without it that I don't mind.

With High Bright I've lowered red and green to 46, and I keep blue at 50. This produces the most correct greyscale and gamma I can get across the entire color range. I also use the monitor in a dark room, so the backlight is down at 30. With standard the contrast is about 850:1, and with high bright at the exact same backlight level it shoots up to about 1400:1 Looks great! These settings might not work as well on your display though, as I have no idea if the way Samsung calibrate the screens in the factory result in the same calibration profile for all screens. In my case though this is what worked best.

Back