Samsung SA LED monitors, new firmware

Tamlin_WSGF

2[H]4U
Just a heads up. I didn't catch it until now, so maybe others haven't either. :)

SA Series LED Monitor Quality Improvement Announcement

< Announcement >
Samsung has released a firmware update for Samsung SA series LED Monitors.
This firmware update is for improved performance (better picture quality and PC compatibility).
If your monitor is one of these models, Samsung recommends that you download and install the latest firmware update specifically designed for your monitor.

< CAUTION >
- It takes about 2~5 min. (depending on system's status)
- Don't turn off your PC/Monitor during the update.
- After the upgrade, monitor will turn off by itself. Upgrade will be completed once you turn on.
To download the update

Link

I found it on the support page @ Samsung of my screen (S27A950D), so you might find similar on your SA models support page.

Last edited:
When I run it my screen goes RED. Nothing happens at all.

I have the same model as OP.

I had to install it, restart and then it ran automatically upon entering windows.

Using: Windows 7 64-bits with UAC off, GTX 570 (driver 304.48) with dual-link DVI connection. I had monitor settings reset to default before starting. Disconnected secondary screen.

Have you noticed any tangible improvement since installing the new firmware ? I'd fiddle around but only if it has any significant impact.

Have you noticed any tangible improvement since installing the new firmware ? I'd fiddle around but only if it has any significant impact.

Perhaps on 3D (less ghosting on high contrast scenes). Don't think it has any significant to offer extra on 2D. I haven't done much testing of the PQ of this screen, since its in a room with a window behind and as you know, this screen reflects any light in the room. :)

Back