Samsung S8+, LG G7 Thinq, One Plus 6 or Mate 10 Pro?

Nebell

2[H]4U
Looking for a new phone for my sister. She's currently using S7 Edge and the way it looks, I'm surprised it even works.

Anyway, all the phones I mentioned are quite similarly priced and Samsung S8+ looks like the best option here.
But it's a bit old and has only one camera. I don't really care about 1vs2vs cameras because Pixel 2 has probably the best camera and it has only 1, but if I'm going to spend this amount of money I might get a bit newer tech :p

Mate 10 Pro has a very big battery, and I know she sometimes needs this and looks fantastic but I read its camera is not the best.
LG G7 is a great phone but not so great battery which is quite depressing.
One Plus 6 is basically LG G7 just with a bit better battery, OLED screen, and fewer media features.
Samsung 8+ looks to be the best combination of all the phones above.

Since all those phones are similarly priced, which would you choose? Her primary usage is social media, music and the camera.

Any other suggestion?

I went from being an LG user, G2, G3, G4, V20, G6 to a OnePlus6 user and couldn't be happier. Great battery life, non existent lag, really good camera, updates. We use Samsung Galaxy phones at work and they are OK, never been a big fan of their UI personally, and also the battery issues are real with Samsung, had a number of phones overheat badly.

Oneplus 6+ announcement expected 10/17, so if you can wait a few weeks that should drive the price of the 6 down.

Oneplus Camera is still not top tier but good enough for social media posts.

Oneplus 6+ announcement expected 10/17, so if you can wait a few weeks that should drive the price of the 6 down.

Oneplus Camera is still not top tier but good enough for social media posts.
Isn't the OP6 just 1 point behind the iPhone X on DxOMark's camera benchmarks overall?

One plus 6/T .. once you use stock andriod you will never want to use anything else. Timely security updates and OS upgrades ..

Back