Samsung S27A750D 27" Class Widescreen 3D LED Backlit Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 16:9, Meg

Wow. These go for 600 on newegg. Too bad i just bought the u2412. Nice find.

Last edited:
I looked earlier today and they were OOS. They also have the HDTV/monitor version cheap as well, although it is 3ms instead of 2ms and is missing the display port.

Last edited:
They seem to be in stock now. I ordered one, we'll see if I get shipping confirmation.

I got one last time around and they do come with the 3d glasses in case anyone cares. I'm so tempted to buy 2 more at this price for eyefinity.

I grabbed one on Newegg last week for $500. It's a gorgeous monitor and the 3D is pretty impressive. Now I just need a new video card that has DP output.

ruined my 24" eyefinity setup by ordering this lol. I guess I will have 3 of these in portrait eventually.

How would this work on a PS3?

Just connect via HDMI, the PS3 should automatically detect that its connected to a 3D display just like any other 3D TV. Or you can just check the system's video settings.

Don't forget: like AMEX on FB and you'll get $25 off $150 at TigerDirect when you use that linked AMEX-Card.

My Circuit City order shipped. I looked and looked for info about their return/replacement policy and didn't find anything concrete... hopefully I won't need to test it.

I was going to get one but they only do 120hz over the display port. Since my nvidia card only has dvi and hdmi I would be locked @ 60hz unless I changed gfx card.

Awesome! I'm upgrading to three of these (eventually) and wanted to grab one from Newegg when they were $499, but now they're $600. But $399? Even better :)

Hopefully these are as good as people say. I really want to try these 120hz monitors and see the difference for myself.

My Circuit City order shipped. I looked and looked for info about their return/replacement policy and didn't find anything concrete... hopefully I won't need to test it.

In the shipping it says:

Returns NOT Accepted

IMPORTANT:This item is exclusively supported by the manufacturer and cannot be returned due to manufacturer restrictions. Please contact CA Inc. at 1-877-906-8816

Just called CC, they told me that you can exchange defective products within 30 days. I pressed for clarification of what "defective" means, ie number of dead or stuck pixels, and the rep repeatedly told me that it means whatever I say/think it means. The only thing I can find in writing on the website is:

This Product Has Limited Exchange Privileges.
Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer at: 1-800-726-7864.Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product.

Really hope I don't need it!

I'm not seeing a lot of descriptions for accessories. Anyone know if it comes with a DP cable or should my GTX 550 come with it? It's scheduled to arrive by Thursday/Friday. Wondering if I should grab a cheap one on Amazon to be safe.

I'm not seeing a lot of descriptions for accessories. Anyone know if it comes with a DP cable or should my GTX 550 come with it? It's scheduled to arrive by Thursday/Friday. Wondering if I should grab a cheap one on Amazon to be safe.

The monitor comes with a good DP cable, a pair of 3D glasses, and a driver disc. Your video card should hopefully have a mini-DP to DP adapter.

And in case anyone is wondering (since it's not documented anywhere in the manual) the 3D software you need is located here: http://www.tridef.com/download/Samsung-SyncMaster-3D-Game-Launcher-TriDef-3D-1.1.2.html

So tempted but wondering if its better than an Alienware aw2310. I dont suppose anyone has both? :p

I bit, now what is a good way to run my 120hz s27a750d alongside my Dell 3008WFP? ........Must...center..both!

Not sure I could handle a glossy display, or 1920x1080 on a 27"
I was thinking 2560x1440 on a Dell u2711... But this is so much cheaper.

I got mine for $649 and my wife's for $499, everybody should go buy those now. lol

I don't really care for the 3D, but I love my 120Hz. :)

Have fun. You'll play about 2 minutes of a 3D enabled game, get a headache and cry out "WHY jesus?" and be right back to 2D.

That doesn't really happen for everyone. Even when it does you get used to it. I can game at depth and convergence levels that I wouldn't have dreamed of when I first started with stereoscopic 3d. Its too bad that these displays aren't 3d vision compatible.

Last edited:
That doesn't really happen for everyone. Even when it does you get used to it. I can game at depth and convergence levels that I wouldn't have dreamed of when I first started with stereoscopic 3d. Its too bad that these displays aren't 3d vision compatible.

I'd use it more if it was easier to turn on and off. i.e. better support, because it's actually cool on L4D2.

I'd use it more if it was easier to turn on and off. i.e. better support, because it's actually cool on L4D2.

I know that tri-def has quite a few configuration options. I'm surprised that there isn't an option to turn it on and off on the fly like you can with 3d vision.

Back