Samsung S27A750D 27" 120hz 3D LED Monitor $399.99 shipped!

Good for AMD users. Would be sweet for Nvidia users but 99% of us don't have DP outputs and this model only does 3D via DP.

Hmm...1920x1080 seems really low for a 27'' monitor. What do you guys think?

dvi to dp adapters do not work that way, you will only get 60hz. If it were the other way around it would work, go figure. This was the monitor I wanted, unfortunately I am using a 580 GTX no dp. I did a lot of research before ruling out this monitor. I would imagine that Samsungs decision to not include a dvi port on this thing has helped to prompt the price reduction. While this is hot for some, it drives me insane to see such a great looking monitor for such a great price knowing that I can't use it at it's intended target.

I also don't think 3DVision is even officially supported; someone had found a way to get the monitor to recognize it on Nvidia forums but the info was taken down by Nvidia.

And since it's promoted on AMD's 3D page, I'm guessing it's because it's a collaboration between AMD and Samsung.

That's standard now. I have a 27" samsung monitor that doubles as a TV. So long as it's not that close to you, and really why would you sit close to a 27" monitor anyway, the image is pretty crisp and clear.

Had I not had this monitor I'd have jumped on this deal :(

Agreed. While that res would be perfectly fine if you were sitting reclined far back and using it as a TV, as a PC monitor this makes for a substantially large dot pitch. This is basically blowing up a 22" to 27", which somewhat explains the price.

this model only does 3D via DP.

Actually that's not completely correct: for 3D it will do 720p@60Hz or 1080p@24Hz over HDMI, but requires DP to do 1080p@60Hz.

This monitor is very much specifically intended for AMD users with DP connections who want to use AMD's HD3D and TriDef3D or iZ3D. That's what I'm using it for, and it's perfect. Admittedly I too was initially put off by the lack of VESA, but I got over it. In the 27-inch category, this is unquestionably one of the best 3D monitors out there for AMD users.

awww I paid more for it :p

I think this comes without the 3D glasses? Woulda been perfect, I haven't used those yet.

Agreed. While that res would be perfectly fine if you were sitting reclined far back and using it as a TV, as a PC monitor this makes for a substantially large dot pitch. This is basically blowing up a 22" to 27", which somewhat explains the price.

All the 27" monitors nowadays are 1080p unless you jump up to around the $800 range. I have this monitor and it's incredible. It was $600 when I bought mine at the end of November, so this is a steal.

considering i bought regular 1080p monitor for $300. i would also say this is steal, however it depends on how good is the 3D on this one. so how good is it as 3d monitor and how good as 2d monitor??

awww I paid more for it :p

I think this comes without the 3D glasses?

It comes with a pair of 3D glasses, I believe you need to replace the batteries though, they aren't rechargeable, you can buy a rechargeable 2nd pair though. Most people will be totally happy with a 27" at 1080p still for a monitor, at least for gaming. This monitor reviews well from the few that I've read, supposedly has good response time for an LCD.

Not everyone is willing to pay $800+ for a large monitor that does 2560x1440, and besides you can't do 120hz at that rez yet.

I guess it is moot anyways as it is no longer available, I was going to start a thread 5 days ago when I ordered mine, but I hadn't had enough posts yet, looks like it's still available in store.

Back