Samsung Q7F 2018, Stuck On UHD/No FreeSync in OSD

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
I have this 2018 Samsung Q7F 4K TV as a monitor. It's been working great but now there is something up with the OSD. It always shows as 3840x2160 60Hz in the OSD, even when I set to other resolutions.

I thought it was a Windows glitch, but Windows is reporting 2560x1440 as both desktop resolution and active signal resolution. I even set it to 1440p 120Hz, which seems to work, things are smoother and games are VSynced at 120fps, but the OSD still shows 4K60.

Maybe related, I enabled FreeSync and everything in the AMD settings look enabled, but the FreeSync icon doesn't show in the OSD.

Things were working when I got the TV and as of a few weeks ago. My TV firmware is on 1131, but it's on auto-update so I don't remember the last time it flashed. I also updated AMD drivers recently, so that could be it too.

Anyone have ideas?

Okay, I think I ruled out the AMD driver, as the same thing is happening on PS4.

It says HDR is available, and it looks like it's enabled (sometimes hard to tell) but it doesn't show the HDR icon in the Samsung OSD.

I think it has to be some sort of bad firmware. I will contact Samsung.

I ended up doing a Factory Reset on the TV after chatting with Samsung, and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Back