Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

Remember that DLSS is also dependent on your native res, so DLSS Quality at 4K (or its ultrawide variants) is higher base res than DLSS Quality at 3440x1440.

Have you tried using Scaled Resolution Editor to add e.g 5120x2160 to your 57" and running with black bars on sides instead?
I would not be using DLSS at all if I am using the 3440x1440 display. Because that res is so much easier to drive so I would be using it at native or DLAA. Hence I am comparing here, 7680x2160 with DLSS quality/performance to 3440x1440 @ native or DLAA.

I havent tried running the lower res with black bars yet. Might give it a shot soon.
RTX 5090 if it comes out this year might be the answer you need

I do suppose I can wait for that.

I would not be using DLSS at all if I am using the 3440x1440 display. Because that res is so much easier to drive so I would be using it at native or DLAA. Hence I am comparing here, 7680x2160 with DLSS quality/performance to 3440x1440 @ native or DLAA.

I havent tried running the lower res with black bars yet. Might give it a shot soon.

I do suppose I can wait for that.

If you're asking whether or not DLSS from a lower resolution would look better than a higher native resolution, it's tough to answer because the actual DLSS implementation in games varies in how good they look. For example, on a 4K screen running DLSS Performance mode, the internal resolution is just 1920x1080p which is then upscaled to 3840x2160. So would that look better or worst than a screen that is native 2560x1440p? The native resolution is HIGHER than the DLSS internal resolution, but it is LOWER than the final output resolution of DLSS. Whether or not it looks better highly depends on the implementation of DLSS Performance mode in that specific game. However, if you switch the 4K screen to DLSS Quality then now both screens have the same resolution of 2560x1440p but the DLSS Quality upscales it to 4K and it looks far superior than native 1440p in that case for sure.

What about if I were to use the 39" with DLDSR in games.

I have never used DLDSR, but heard it can increase detail in output reolution.

What about if I were to use the 39" with DLDSR in games.

I have never used DLDSR, but heard it can increase detail in output reolution.

Well DLDSR would definitely help close the gap a bit but I checked the PPI of the LG and it's only 95, while the 57" Samsung is 140 PPI. That is quite a massive difference in PPI on top of the Samsung technically being "4K" resolution but doubled vs 1440p on the LG. But then again on the Samsung your option for getting decent fps involves using DLSS performance mode, so now we are in this strange territory of comparing DLSS performance mode on a 4K screen vs DLDSR on a 1440p screen. I don't own anymore 1440p screens so I can't do any comparisons. Honestly I have no clue which one would actually look better in this case I think you will just have to try both and see for yourself.

Or maybe, when I get home I will try a 3440x1440 res on my 57" G9 and see if the quality bothers me. Its nearly the same height display as the 39" Oled, so essentially should look similar at the same res yea?

Or maybe, when I get home I will try a 3440x1440 res on my 57" G9 and see if the quality bothers me. Its nearly the same height display as the 39" Oled, so essentially should look similar at the same res yea?
That might be the best way to go about it. It will be more blurry of course but should give you some idea.

I threw the Nitro 7900xtx in the 7950x3D rig and am getting 200-240 fps in BF1 (with all settings @ medium) and OMG so much fun and smooooooooooooth! I could probably poke and prod a couple settings up to high and ultra with minimal fps loss, but am having way to much fun with it to bother!

Playing BF1, Halo Infinite, Halo MCC, Doom Eternal and other classics @240hz has been worth the price of admission......well that and work productivity too!

Ugh how do you add custom resolutions. Trying to add 3440x1440 to test.

Tried CRU, won't work
Tried Custom resolution in NVCP, greyed out
Tried registry hack NV_Modes, didn't work either

EDIT:
Nevermind, finally got custom res working.

Last edited:
Ugh how do you add custom resolutions. Trying to add 3440x1440 to test.

Tried CRU, won't work
Tried Custom resolution in NVCP, greyed out
Tried registry hack NV_Modes, didn't work either

EDIT:
Nevermind, finally got custom res working.
Scaled Resolution Editor is the best option for anything that uses DSC.

Ok so just testing 3440x1440, and I find it is totally fine for gaming. Can barely notice much difference. Difference is only really noticable in desktop reading text.

Back