Samsung Odyssey 1440p VA monitors 240hz curved

Reaperkk

[H]ard|Gawd
They do go on sale, I was able to get my 32" for $650 on amazon, just keep an eye out.

Starfalcon

Gawd
Yeah I got mine on sale right before christmas for $599. Been more than happy with mine, quickest refresh since I had to stop using my CRT as my daily monitor.

kasakka

2[H]4U
Finally got to see my friend's Samsung G7 in action playing Overwatch at 240 Hz/fps. It looked really good for SDR to me and I could not notice any issues with trailing or ghosting. Very nice.

What wasn't so nice is that Samsung still has extremely slow resolution switching. It's mostly an issue when trying to enter BIOS as the initial screen gets passed before the display even wakes up. Same issue on my CRG9.

The curve on the G7 was not distracting but at the same time felt unnecessary. It's useful on a super ultrawide but something much smaller not so much.

GNUse_the_force

Limp Gawd
Finally got to see my friend's Samsung G7 in action playing Overwatch at 240 Hz/fps. It looked really good for SDR to me and I could not notice any issues with trailing or ghosting. Very nice.
The curve on the G7 was not distracting but at the same time felt unnecessary. It's useful on a super ultrawide but something much smaller not so much.

What screen size was this (sry if already mentioned). Im considering one of the new G7 range, just hoped that they had an ultrawide variant (not superultrawide) with the same response times and decent HDR.

Last edited:

QKSILVR73

Limp Gawd

What wasn't so nice is that Samsung still has extremely slow resolution switching. It's mostly an issue when trying to enter BIOS as the initial screen gets passed before the display even wakes up. Same issue on my CRG9.

That's odd. My G7 32 wakes up just fine and I see the load screen for several seconds so I have the option to get to bios settings

Reaperkk

[H]ard|Gawd
The long wakeup is my only real complaint with the monitor. Waking it up compared to my AOC monitor is much slower.