Samsung note20 ultra Hdmi to TV issues

Pivo504

2[H]4U
So I'm trying to send video from my note 20 ultra to a insignia 20 inch TV that is not a smart TV but does have hdmi inputs. However, when I hook up the Hdmi to the phone then TV it says error in Samsung dex. I can see whatever is on the phone screen on TV but it's frozen... do you need some special Samsung dex cable for it to work? It's odd bc my TV at home which also isn't a smart TV it works perfectly fine...

I'm guessing it's an older TV with an older version of HDMI? What resolution?

I'm guessing it's an older TV with an older version of HDMI? What resolution?
I'm not sure if it's even 1080p, maybe 720p? But it can't just down scale or there's really nothing else I can do to mirror the phone to tv?

I'm not sure if it's even 1080p, maybe 720p? But it can't just down scale or there's really nothing else I can do to mirror the phone to tv?
I never really knew why someone would need a actual reason to do this but when i've done it just to see how it worked, I always did it wirelessly with a Chromecast. There is a "Cast" option in Android.

Where does the error message come up on the phone or on the TV? I'm guessing it doesn't support that resolution.

Back