Samsung Note 7 raising from the ashes.

It's good, but mainly for environmental reasons, I'd say. One of the biggest beefs was that Samsung was basically going to throw away millions of phones and contribute to e-waste. This will make sure some of those devices at least get some use first.

Curious if anyone here would buy one? Do you think Samsung fixed the issues causing the battery problems?

The whole idea of "e-waste" in this situation is ridiculous: the phones are made, regardless of whether they toss them in a landfill right now or a year from now or two years from now is irrelevant, it's already wasted material that sooner or later will end up in a landfill or scavenged for the meager amount of electroplated gold on some of the components.

If the price was right I'd get one but that price would have to be like $250 'cause of obvious reasons. As soon as these refurbs become available a black market for them will spring up and we'll see them on eBay and other online sellers as they make their way back into countries where they're basically outlawed devices at this point, more or less.

Curious if anyone here would buy one? Do you think Samsung fixed the issues causing the battery problems?

All they had to do was shrink the battery a small amount, and allow it room to expand. Sure, battery capacity would take a minor hit, but it won't be drastic. Honestly, if they put this out with the slightly smaller battery (Say, 3400mah vs the stock 3600) at a lower price due to it being refurb? I'd totally consider it.

Most of the Note 7 phones are being parted out... Taking the cameras and other components out that can be removed and reused then getting e-cyclers to extract other bits from them. The rest are being refurbed and sold in countries like India. You can bet your PC that Samsung will do their best to region lock those phones so that they are fairly useless here in the US. There is not a big ROM community for the N7 since it wasn't around long, either.

From a legal standpoint the Note7 still can't be flown/shipped/transported into the US and many other countries and that limitation is not likely to be lifted anytime soon even with the refurbs, these countries simply aren't going to take the chance at this point of another batch of issues.

Back