Samsung New 120Hz 3D Models S23A750, S27A750, S23A950 and S27A950

okashira

[H]ard|Gawd
Samsung to release four new monitors next month:

Samsung adds to its SyncMaster line the new 7 series and 9 series 3D LCD monitors and HDTV/monitor combos. For monitor, the 7 series includes 23-inch S23A750, 27-inch S27A750 and the 9 series has the 23-inch S23A950 and 27-inch S27A950. There are also 23-inch T23A750, T23A950 and 27-inch T27A750, T27A950 HDTV/monitor models. The 9 Series features a slim, asymmetrical design that offers a clean, modern look while the 7 Series display sports Samsung’s signature Touch of Color design, which embeds colored accents in the bezel for a stylish, unique look.

All models are based on Samsung TN LCD panel and are equipped with Samsung’s 3D engine for displaying 3D images. They can automatically analyze and render 2D content in real-time to 3D, supporting not only PC content, but also content from Blu-ray players, gaming consoles and set-top boxes. The 7 series and 9 series feature 1920×1080 Full HD resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 2ms response time and 170/160-degree viewing angle.

The 7 series offers HDMI and DisplayPort inputs and the 9 series adds DVI-Dual link. The HDTV/Monitor models (T23A750, T23A950, T27A750, T27A950) includes also USB 2.0, component input, composite input, Ethernet LAN port and built-in 7W speakers with Dolby Digital, SRS TheaterSound HD, DTS 2.0 and 3D sound support. Samsung will release these 3D enabled LCD monitors and HDTV/monitor combos in March 2011.

All four displays look glossy (good thing, IMO, YMMV).
The 950 series displays look particularly good for eyefinity with their displayport inputs and extremely thin bezel. If these displays have the anti-glare coating on par with their upper end LCD TV's, it's damn good (I love my LNT5271f)

Now, the questions to be answered, in order of importance:

Real 120Hz?
Input lag?
Price?

If it's dual link DVI, then it's likely real 120hz. But if these are all TN screens, I fail to see anything to get excited about.

finally a monitor with ethernet so i can browse the internet on my tft
...wait
it doesn't even have wlan?

Last edited:
Interested to see how these turn out. The only problem with the 2233rz was the default blue tinge, which could only be fixed by calibration.

Some more glossy alternatives would be nice.

according to cnet both models have displayport input!

The 950 has a ambient sensor to auto turn off the monitor when you walk away from your desk. Nice.

Looking forward to these for samsung's awesome glossy anti-glare surface. More details from Cnet:

When I saw these monitors demoed at CES, one of the things that really impressed me was the apparent smoothness of the image when displaying HD movies. Although each monitor uses a TN panel, it includes Samsung's "Ultra Clear Panel" technology that, according to Samsung, "combines the vibrancy of a glossy display while maintaining the ease of viewing afforded by an antiglare matte finish."
Samsung's new monitors (photos)

As I said, the results I witnessed at CES were quite impressive and gave content running on the display a level of "pop" I'd not seen in other monitors running similar content.

As for power-saving, the monitors include an ambient light sensor as well as an Eco Motion sensor, which automatically turns the displays on or off if a person is within or has left the vicinity of the monitor. Somewhat creepy? Sure. Will it save energy? Probably a bit.

It's March and no info, NOTHING. No pricing, availability, specs, previews, reviews.

Anyone seen anything?

22d.jpg

Looks nice.

Well I had to grab the ACER 120Hz for $189.99 in the Hotdeals, so I am less interested in this monitor. However, Ill still be looking forward to it. Wondering how/if 120Hz works over displayport (we're still not even sure if it's real 120Hz!)

What a tease, I thought your bump would have some added info on when this would be released.

Sigh, maybe we'll have to wait another year? :)

Last edited:
The T27A950 is a monitor that can be used as a TV as well, it has a DTV tuner, Allshare (DLNA), Connectshare - USB 2.0, Anynet+ and 2D to 3D on-the-fly conversion.

Hopefully some review sites gets their hands on any of these soon. I'm worried about the stand though, I rather pay for functionality than design...

27" and 1920x1080.... that sucks ;/

I actually don't have a problem with the resolution. I have an issue, however, with a 27inch TN monitor. When my Samsung 22inch TN already has terrible vertical viewing angles, I can only imagine what the extra real estate will make it become.

I just wish it was feasible to use Samsung's AMOLED technology on monitors, or any OLED tech for that matter.

Me too ^
tried a lg w2363d for a weekend and the vertical viewing angle made me strain my eyes when I tried to see what was on the top shelves in a dungeon (metro) in fallout 3. But the 120hz on the desktop and in quake 3 was very nice i probably will buy one end of this year. wonder how fast they can make ips crystals twist hmmm....

I actually don't have a problem with the resolution. I have an issue, however, with a 27inch TN monitor. When my Samsung 22inch TN already has terrible vertical viewing angles, I can only imagine what the extra real estate will make it become.

I just wish it was feasible to use Samsung's AMOLED technology on monitors, or any OLED tech for that matter.
You would want the super amoled plus, then. Their "regular" super AMOLED have a rgbg pixel format that makes the graphics blurry and banded.

27A550 is out now in best buys. Very nice, their display unit had 0 bleed at full brightness, this is promising for a 27" edge lit display.

Argh Best Buy, for some reason they list the refresh rate at 60hz, wonder if these are truly 120hz panels or not :(

Last edited:
Yeah the a550 is 60hz, I assume it will be using the same panel as the 120hz 750 so I picked one up for review.

In store at max brightness side by side with the PX2370 the led blue tint is barely even noticeable when using the 4:3 mode.

This is a good sign for edgelit led displays.

Are these things hitting stores sometime this century or what because I'm fucking tired of this decade old pile of horse shit dell that I've been using since my old monitor decided to croak... there is literally no monitor in existence that ghosts worse than this thing. It's awful.

Hope they are as rad as I hope they are going to be and ate a semi sane price. I have around $300 floating in reserve for the 23 incher.

Keep dreaming, the 60hz A550 is 280$ and the cheapest 120hz 23+ panel is 350$ currently....

Will sell you my VX2265wm for $150 shipped, else I'll create an FS thread :)

Keep dreaming, the 60hz A550 is 280$ and the cheapest 120hz 23+ panel is 350$ currently....

I can swing 350 but past that and the price premium starts becoming laughable for how stupid it is. If I can just get one of those 120hz viewsonic monitors for literally half the price then that will more than suffice.

edit: oh shit didn't even see the post above
pm sent

Last edited:
any year now...

ive been waiting for the 23A750 since we first heard about them.
Im thinking it will support VESA with the stock stand removed? or am I SOL ?

what's with all these new 27" 120hz? Aren't 120hz is kinda old for monitor now? I see all the big TV like 46" - 55" with 240hz and 600hz, what's the difference?

Back