Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US

I'm thing of dropping the ASrock X79 Extreme 4 and picking myself up a Asus RIVE. I know for sure that I will be able to get 2400+ on the ram. Also I like their cooling scheme.

It's a really good board. I had one myself several months ago and had a blast overclocking my 3820 with it. The only reason I sold it is because Asus was slow with the BIOS updates (at the time) and I preferred the XL-ATX size with my Gigabyte board.

well i got both sets to run 1600 at 9-9-9-24 at 1.5v since that is the lowest my mobo will go (for some reason it won't go to 1.3)

unfortunately I can't get above 1600 without also overclocking the cpu, which I am clueless about

i looked at the link to xtremesystems posted on page 2 and i think i am going to keep the 1211 because i saw someone else on there with the same batch that had crazy good overclocks (even though I won't be going that far)

what do you guys think? should I test more? if so, any advice on how to set the multiplier, fsb/bus speed, ht link, etc?

Damn. Didn't know frys had these. Might have to find a reason to run up there. Anyone know if the WA one has em in stock?

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

seems like for haswell o/c there is a tradeoff between cpu speed and memory speed. has anyone tested this memory with a haswell cpu yet? how tight will the timings go at lower speeds?

Do you guys know of any special modules like these Samsungs, but for 8GB sticks?

Which 8GB modules are special?

Last edited:
If you really want a pair look on ebay. That is where I got my 2 sets . Good luck.

So I have this memory in my current computer. Was fortunate to pick it up back in the day when it was ~$30 for 8gb.

I know it's been discontinued and the price skyrocketed shortly after I built my computer, but I don't understand why it was discontinued and even more worrying, why there is no replacement product?! I would very much like to use a new version of Samsung 30nm (or less) memory for a future computer.

Has anyone heard any news on this?

there is no replacement product?!
Try asking Samsung at [email protected]. They told me that Samsung no longer makes RAM (I think they meant RAM modules, not RAM chips). :(

The only substitute I know of is no-heatsink Crucial with chips marked only with Micron writing, that is, it isn't stamped "Crucial" or "BX" (Ballistix Xtreme).

Samsung may want to use their capacity for making SSDs, more profitable?

Anyway, I have a whole bunch of these M379B5273DH0-YK0, too bad they stopped making them.

A year ago I purchased two of the 8GB (2 x 4GB) kits of this stuff for $35 a kit. If only I knew where memory prices were going back then... I would have purchased 20 kits of this stuff at that price.

So I have this memory in my current computer. Was fortunate to pick it up back in the day when it was ~$30 for 8gb.

I know it's been discontinued and the price skyrocketed shortly after I built my computer, but I don't understand why it was discontinued and even more worrying, why there is no replacement product?! I would very much like to use a new version of Samsung 30nm (or less) memory for a future computer.

Has anyone heard any news on this?

I made a post awhile back wondering the same thing. This was by far the greatest memory I've ever purchased. If Samsung would resurrect this stuff they could easily charge twice what they were asking back in early 2013. They were also supposedly working on a 20nm version of this stuff as well but I haven't heard anything about this in quite a while.

Last edited:
Back