Samsung Magician V 4.7 for Win 10

Lothar

Limp Gawd
Samsung has released a Windows 10 compatible version of Magician, version 4.7. The Samsung site has a download error, but Major Geeks has it.

Did it fix something? I swear I installed the latest version last week on Win10 and it worked.

Support for Win10 is not listed in the changelog for this release.
And from what I read stuff like rapid etc do not work in Win10

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5345-samsung-ssd-magician.html

You are correct. Major Geeks incorrectly lists Windows 10 support.

Here is the weird thing on my work system I have it installed and rapid is shown as enabled. I upgraded from version 4.4, which is known to work with Win 10. However a clean install on another system and no joy with rapid. It makes me think that rapid mode is not really enabled.

Ugh. This version doesn't work any better or worse for me than previous versions did. My main issue seems to be that Magician gets confused when I have SRT (SSD caching setup). In my case I have a 256G 840 pro as my boot drive, and a smaller 128G 840 Pro that I use as a cache drive. In magician it shows 4 256G 840 pros... Looking closer one corresponds to my actual 256G drive, one corresponds to the cache partition on the smaller 840 pro, one corresponds to the data partition on my smaller 840 pro, and one corresponds to the mechanical drives that I accelerate with my smaller 840 pro. It won't let me setup RAPID mode in any context, even using the 256G drive that isn't involved in SRT at all. Unfortunately I had this same issue with Win 8.1 so it's not a Win 10 issue. I just wish Samsung would fix it, as it's not like I'm the only one using a setup that involves intel RAID, SRT, etc.

So this version still doesn't fix the "Error in obtaining info" problem that prevent you from using RAPID in W10?

Back