Samsung Magician 4.5: No More Optimization Scheduler?

fn9

Weaksauce
It seems they did away with this feature at some point (I know it was there last year), right?

If so, I just can't figure out why they would do that.

Ever since that software came out, that schedule never sticked for me on 8 and 8.1. I would set it and it would disappear when the program closed. Ive always had to manually do it. Not sure why but that may be why.

I updated to 4.5 also but have not looked for that because it doesn't work for me.

It never worked for me either (in previous versions).

C'mon SAMSUNG! Not all of your SSD customers care to perform maintenance manually!

The optimizer just TRIMs the free space, something that the Windows 8 and 8.1 drive optimizer does anyway.
It may have had some sense in Windows 7, but is obsolete in 8/8.1. Not that this is really needed in the first place with working TRIM.

The optimizer just TRIMs the free space, something that the Windows 8 and 8.1 drive optimizer does anyway.
It may have had some sense in Windows 7, but is obsolete in 8/8.1. Not that this is really needed in the first place with working TRIM.

I didn't realize that. Well, considering how many 7 users there are (including myself), and will be for several years, a working scheduler would still be useful for many.

Windows 7 has trim support as well... So I guess that's why they don't have that specific feature since it would be redundant as I understand it.

Back