Samsung KU6000 4k 40inch 4x4x4????

farnx

n00b
Hello all,
new member here, i have been doing a lot of reading and im trying to find a 4k uhd tv for my pc monitor in my country(australia) That i can use for gaming and watching movies, my understanding is i need 4x4x4 chroma.
I have found a review on the KU6300 uhd but at my local store i can only find the KU6000.
i downloaded the user manual and i believe the KU6000 has 4x4x4 with uhd set to on but i just want to check before i go and drop $1000 on it.
Here is a screenshot of what the user manual says.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 534
I think the very least you should get is the 6300. My friend has the 43" version and it's a pretty awesome screen for the money. Awesome performance.

I think the very least you should get is the 6300. My friend has the 43" version and it's a pretty awesome screen for the money. Awesome performance.
Hi thanks for the response, i have been doing a little more digging through some forums and what i have found is that the KU6300 is the US model number and the KU6000 is the AUS model number so they should be identical.
so thats good to know. so the 6300 has 4x4x4 chroma correct?

Make sure to run your HDMI port as console. Use the settings from Rtings.com. Turning sharpness to 0 makes a huge difference plus the other settings.

Come back and tell us what you think.

I love my KS8000

Make sure to run your HDMI port as console. Use the settings from Rtings.com. Turning sharpness to 0 makes a huge difference plus the other settings.

Come back and tell us what you think.

I love my KS8000
So i got one over the weekend.
Awesome monitor.
4k is amazing and i couldn't be happier with it.
I followed the post on this forum about the samsung set up and i can not notice any input lag what so ever.
Gaming in 4k with surround sound is just something that everyone need to experience. Its awesome.
The gtx 1070 g1 is one hell of a card aswell.

Attachments

• 20160807_170352.jpg
    20160807_170352.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 871
1 question i have is can i set the tv to turn on when i turn my pc on so i dont have to turn it on manually.
Like when it detects a hdmi signal it turns on?

Could anybody say how is (preferably KU6000 range, because I plan to buy it, or 4k tv's in general) response time (not input lag)? How does it feel when compared to modern IPS monitor? Pretty much all new 4k TV's use VA panel and they have inherently quite slow transitions in the dark side of color spectrum, which I fear... I'm by no means very picky about response (or input lag for that matter, anythin <40 ms is good enough) time but I had bad experience with VA panel monitors a few years back. Right now I have aoc 3477pqu (ultrawide) but I can sell it (warranty tied to receipt and not a person) for pretty much the same price as 40 inch ku6000 samsung, which is bigger (bigger is better, right? :) ).

Last edited:
1 question i have is can i set the tv to turn on when i turn my pc on so i dont have to turn it on manually.
Like when it detects a hdmi signal it turns on?
You will, most likely, need HDMI-CEC USB Adapter.

Is this a 8bit panel? If it is does it display HDR properly ? Or HDR doesn't look good on this set? Are all the HDMI inputs 2.0a?

Back