Samsung Galaxy S9 to Retain Screen Size of S8

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Next year’s Galaxy phone has been tipped to sport the same size and shape of Infinity Display as the current model: that means a 5.77-inch and 6.22-inch display for the S9 and S9 Plus, respectively. The Note 9 is also expected to use a 6.32-inch screen, just like the Note 8, which will be unveiled next month. Are designers finally beginning to realize that phones are getting too big?

The S9 will have a 5.77-inch display screen, while the bigger S9 Plus will come with a 6.22-inch screen. The same size as the S8 lineup launched in April. The so-called “infinite” shape is also expected to curb the right and left sides with no home button. The report said Samsung is likely to attempt again to feature on-screen fingerprint scanning that is missing from the S8 due to technical immaturity. In the meantime, Samsung has also tentatively decided to use the same 6.32-inch display screen for the Galaxy Note 9 as the upcoming Note 8 that is expected to be unveiled on Aug. 23 in New York.

I wish the s8 wasn't so tall, the width is perfect but the height is a bit annoying.

And here I'm wondering when I'll get a BIG phone with real specs. Nobody will make the damn thing. My S8+ is still too small for my liking.

*sigh*

As long as they keep the stupid ass curved screen means that I'm still going to not buy the latest Samsung. Fuck that shit, you can have an otterbox shoebox-sized case and that screen is still 20x more likely to crack than a normal screen. I learned my lesson with the Galaxy S7 Edge, downgraded to the S7 normal and have no plans to upgrade to any other Samsung until they get rid of that incredibly stupid idea.

Screw Samsung--I'm done with the curved screen BS. Up until the S8 they always offered a choice between a curved "Edge" and a standard flat phone. They took that choice away with the S8. I bought an S8 anyway to give it a shot and after a few months I really don't like it. Text and photos are warped along the edges, and I'm occasionally caught off guard with accidental "clicks."

If the S9 is only offered as a curved display I will absolutely going with a PIXEL...unless I switch sooner.

When/if the time comes I can't get the features they used to have, I can live without a phone totally.

fem.jpg

I wish the s8 wasn't so tall, the width is perfect but the height is a bit annoying.
I love the height and wish it was 1/4inch wider.
Are designers finally beginning to realize that phones are getting too big?
They aren't getting too big... At least for those of us men that way above average in size (top 6% here). The old Nexus 6 was almost perfect, just a bit too small. My thumbs dwarf this lowley S8plus. Hopefully the Chinese demand for large phones keeps phones big and growing.

The narrow aspect ratio is lame. The "6.2 inch" S8+ seems tiny even compared to 5.5" phones. Not to mention that it has virtual buttons, so the buttons effectively take up some of the screen real-estate and decrease the actual usable screen area in most cases.

Back