Samsung Galaxy S8 tablets up for pre-order

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
I pre-ordered the S8 Ultra (12GB/256GB). Don't plan on keeping it unless it just blows away my iPad Pro (doubtful). I just want to see how the 14.6" screen feels. Rumor has it that Apple will release a bigger iPad Pro this spring. I might upgrade to it if the S8 doesn't feel too big or awkward.

https://www.samsung.com/us/tablets/

I want to know how that Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 performs in a tablet. In phones they are not bad, but I assume that in a tablet it will be able to perform even better.
Not on pair with M1 GPU-wise according to Antutu, but compared to Snapdragon 888+, Snapdragon 8 got huge GPU upgrade, around 50%. Antutu GPU score is ~320k on 888+ to 450k on 8 Gen 1.

I just sold my iPad 11" Pro M1 because I don't need that much power and apps don't use it anyway.
I also do not like the fact both Apple and Samsung don't use high end displays for their smaller screens. iPad Pro is still iPad Pro regardless of a 11" or 12+" display size. Why use crappier screen on the small one? Same with S7/S7+, as well as S8/S8+. Both high end tablets, both not having the same high end AMOLED screens.
I also though iPad OS was an upgrade to Android tablet interface. People claim the apps are optimized for iPads. Nope. A bunch of well known apps (Tinder, Facebook, Instagram, etc) still launch in a small phone-like size with black borders.

I considered getting that S8 Ultra with a keyboard, but I ended getting Lenovo P11 Pro, the chinese version which is called Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 or something.
That's $450 for a 11.5" OLED tablet with Snapdragon 870. Ridiculously cheap. Westernized Lenovo P11 Pro with Snapdragon 730g costs €650 in Sweden. WTF.
I'd love a 10" OLED tablet, but I'm kinda out of options.

I want to know how that Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 performs in a tablet. In phones they are not bad, but I assume that in a tablet it will be able to perform even better.
Not on pair with M1 GPU-wise according to Antutu, but compared to Snapdragon 888+, Snapdragon 8 got huge GPU upgrade, around 50%. Antutu GPU score is ~320k on 888+ to 450k on 8 Gen 1.

I just sold my iPad 11" Pro M1 because I don't need that much power and apps don't use it anyway.
I also do not like the fact both Apple and Samsung don't use high end displays for their smaller screens. iPad Pro is still iPad Pro regardless of a 11" or 12+" display size. Why use crappier screen on the small one? Same with S7/S7+, as well as S8/S8+. Both high end tablets, both not having the same high end AMOLED screens.
I also though iPad OS was an upgrade to Android tablet interface. People claim the apps are optimized for iPads. Nope. A bunch of well known apps (Tinder, Facebook, Instagram, etc) still launch in a small phone-like size with black borders.

I considered getting that S8 Ultra with a keyboard, but I ended getting Lenovo P11 Pro, the chinese version which is called Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 or something.
That's $450 for a 11.5" OLED tablet with Snapdragon 870. Ridiculously cheap. Westernized Lenovo P11 Pro with Snapdragon 730g costs €650 in Sweden. WTF.
I'd love a 10" OLED tablet, but I'm kinda out of options.
The 11" iPad Pro will get the XDR miniLED this year, FWIW. I like it on my 12.9", but am curious to see how OLED looks on the S8 Ultra.

I caved in and canceled my Lenovo P11 Pro order and will be ordering Tab S8+.
The reason being is that the if I preorder, I get it for €50 less, as well as a free Book Cover Keyboard, normal or slim version, which is around €150-250 value.
It will also be delivered faster than Lenovo, while commiting to a lot more software updates, a pen with better latency, much better screen (not impressed with that pentile OLED text clarity tbh), all that for more than double the price, lol. I'll just sell my testicles and maybe the keyboard.

Sweet, my Tab S8+ got delivered today, that's over a week before its release date.

Sweet, my Tab S8+ got delivered today, that's over a week before its release date.
My preorder got canceled by mistake so I had to redo it yesterday. Samsung gave me a $100 discount for the problem so I went all the way with the 16GB/512GB version plus the free backlit keyboard cover. If I keep it, my 12.9" iPad Pro will get me $600 trade-in. Not bad and I've got a buyer ready to take my magic keyboard for $200. Only negative is that I now have to wait until mid-April for the Ultra. :banghead:

My preorder got canceled by mistake so I had to redo it yesterday. Samsung gave me a $100 discount for the problem so I went all the way with the 16GB/512GB version plus the free backlit keyboard cover. If I keep it, my 12.9" iPad Pro will get me $600 trade-in. Not bad and I've got a buyer ready to take my magic keyboard for $200. Only negative is that I now have to wait until mid-April for the Ultra. :banghead:

Man, that sucks.
But is that iPad with the M1 chipset?
I sold my M1 11" iPad Pro for €720. $600 seems low for a 12.9".

Man, that sucks.
But is that iPad with the M1 chipset?
I sold my M1 11" iPad Pro for €720. $600 seems low for a 12.9".
No, it's an older 2nd gen that I've had as a backup for a couple years. I agree that my M1 version would be worth a lot more.

I just don't see any real use case for Android tablet like this. It would be better with Windows. The problem with Android tablets is that they are basically phones with large screens. You don't gain anything over smartphone.

Picked up an S7 128gb for $450 around Valentine's day for my girlfriend. Good enough for us, last tab was 5 years old so massive bump up for cheap. I never buy any of these things on release. Same with S20 5g phone new for $400 over a year ago.

Back