Samsung Galaxy S6

It's mostly the ui and apps. I just feel it should be a bit more snappy and responsive for what cpu memory etc it has

It's mostly the ui and apps. I just feel it should be a bit more snappy and responsive for what cpu memory etc it has

Samsung has a lot of latency with their OS animations giving the illusion of bad performance. While it's not slow it tends to give off the illusion the phone is being bogged down. This tends to happen when the OEM decides to inject the phone with a billion services. The phone loses the lag if you install a custom OS. The S6 is much more responsive as they dropped quite a few sensors/services.

So with a custom os all the issues of lag are gone? What do you mean by custom os? I might consider that but how safe is it in terms of the phone getting messed up by doing this?

I can also tell you that battery life i pretty horrible even after factory reset. I use to hammer my iphone like crazy playing brave frontier, and safari. I would easily get 6 to 8 hour on it before a charge. I do the same, i be lucky if I can get 3 hours. Also for being snappy i used a different front end, it seemed alot better then touchwiz

I can also tell you that battery life i pretty horrible even after factory reset. I use to hammer my iphone like crazy playing brave frontier, and safari. I would easily get 6 to 8 hour on it before a charge. I do the same, i be lucky if I can get 3 hours. Also for being snappy i used a different front end, it seemed alot better then touchwiz

Likely some of the terrible pre-loaded apps. Disable the stock (factory-loaded) "Amazon App Suite" and download the real one from amazon.com directly. Disable 'Location History' in Google Now. Right there are some substantial and minor tweaks that go a LONG way. Disabling Amazon app suite seemed to give me atleast 3-4 hours of more battery.

One thing I noticed on the Samsung phones like the S6 is they have better touch sensor implementation. While the $25 Moto G and iPhone 6/6+ require skin to screen to register touch the Samsung phones can even register touch with the fingernail. The issue with using the fleshy part of fingertip for gaming is it develops moisture and sticks to the glass preventing precise and quick movement so you end up dying more in games like Sky Force 2014. You don't have that issue with using fingernail plus you can even utilize the edge of the screen.

Getting roughly 4 hours battery life with 3D gaming with 18 hours on battery with S6.

Screenshot_2015-07-04-18-23-38a_zpsqyftbi2m.png

Screenshot_2015-07-05-12-19-12a_zpsdnnvjyxg.png

Screenshot_2015-07-05-12-18-59a_zpseo3qq9ww.png

So with a custom os all the issues of lag are gone? What do you mean by custom os? I might consider that but how safe is it in terms of the phone getting messed up by doing this?

If you are inexperienced I wouldn't suggest you doing so. The lag would be gone but with custom os's you also get bugs. The problem is the lollipop update that's killing your battery, remove all apps and clear your cache to help out, the biggest offending apps are amazon and Google services. You can't fix Google services but you can remove the amazon app.

As for the lag, that isn't lag, it's just a delay in animations. It gives off the effect that the phone is lagging but it is actually quite fast. It's almost like comparing a SSD system to an HDD system, the HDD system will appear to be slow, but actual, real world gameplay shows no difference.

Well I've done custom roms on my previous phone htc Evo but that was on sprint network. It was actually very easy and prolonged the life of the phone 10 fold. How can I go back to fixing the battery life after the Loli pop update and fix the speed issues? I actually can't delete amazon apps from the phone butonly disable them so I'm not sure if they come back on after reset...the phone won't allow uninstall certain apps either. I do have developer tab enabled and have turned off all animations,anymore help is appreciated

Last edited:
As for the lag, that isn't lag, it's just a delay in animations. It gives off the effect that the phone is lagging but it is actually quite fast. It's almost like comparing a SSD system to an HDD system, the HDD system will appear to be slow, but actual, real world gameplay shows no difference.

With a smartphone, a lot of the wasted time is waiting for apps to open.

Last edited:
Well I've done custom roms on my previous phone htc Evo but that was on sprint network. It was actually very easy and prolonged the life of the phone 10 fold. How can I go back to fixing the battery life after the Loli pop update and fix the speed issues? I actually can't delete amazon apps from the phone butonly disable them so I'm not sure if they come back on after reset...the phone won't allow uninstall certain apps either. I do have developer tab enabled and have turned off all animations,anymore help is appreciated

Pick a rom that is 4.4.x/5.1, peruse the S5 forum on XDA and find a rom that has a lot of support then follow the install instructions.

Just got my S6 this weekend, this thing is really nice, the screen is miles above the iPhone 6.

Just got my S6 this weekend, this thing is really nice, the screen is miles above the iPhone 6.

I wouldn't be so sure....

Almost every single AMOLED that I had got burn in problem, and colors are over saturated, then color degrade over time....

w4b0Ujyl.jpg

Nice lie attempt shamsoft. You need to crop it more so we can't the cable that's associated with a store display model that runs 100% brightness and runs 24/7 which will affect any display regardless of LCD, OLED, etc. Plus, if you can actually afford one you'll know that it has different color modes.

Nice lie attempt shamsoft. You need to crop it more so we can't the cable that's associated with a store display model that runs 100% brightness and runs 24/7 which will affect any display regardless of LCD, OLED, etc.

It's a picture that I took when I went to AT&T store to refund on phone for burn in issue on S6 Edge, since they kept on saying it's a rare for it to happened for the phone, and will only do replacement. I took a picture on the side and show them it's not.

And no, not all display have the problem if running under 24/7. The LG G3/G4, HTC M8/M9, or iPhone got no problems at all in the same store. The only phone that has the problem is all Galaxy series. You can go to store and check it out yourself.

Wife has an iPhone 6, my Galaxy S6's screen is by far better, however her battery life is superior.

It's a picture that I took when I went to AT&T store to refund on phone for burn in issue on S6 Edge, since they kept on saying it's a rare for it to happened for the phone, and will only do replacement. I took a picture on the side and show them it's not.

Come up with less stinky lies. You really want us to believe you have time to crop a picture to hide the security cable but you don't have time to take a picture of the phone you returned? And, what's that crappy 8mp camera you used?

Come up with less stinky lies. You really want us to believe you have time to crop a picture to hide the security cable but you don't have time to take a picture of the phone you returned? And, what's that crappy 8mp camera you used?

It is an AMOLED.

All static GUI elements Samsung forces on you will burn in (status bar for starters). Just a question of how long

I just said it's from AT&T store unit. If you want to defend for samsung and insult others, be my guest then.... :p

PS: The phone was used for android development test phone for sketch ui design, and burn-in is not a option to operate.

I see Samsung isn't selling as many of these as they would have liked.

Gee that was so unpredictable.

I can't imagine why.

I... I just can't place it.

It is an AMOLED.

All static GUI elements Samsung forces on you will burn in (status bar for starters). Just a question of how long

I still use my Galaxy S (2010) and the status bar burn-in is practically imperceptible on a white background. You nearly need a magnifying glass to see it. Maybe newer displays are worse though.

Regarding AMOLED burn-in: I'm nearing three years on my S3 and have absolutely none that I can discern.

HOWEVER - I visited an AT&T store the other day and was stunned at how bad the display Nexus 6 and Note 4 were. Like, those display models will simply have to be thrown in the trash after they're taken out of the showroom. The fact that the N6 was able to get that bad after no more than 4-6 months in the store makes me think maybe it's possible that mildly perceptible burn-in of static UI elements (status bar, soft nav keys) could happen after a year or so for really heavy users.

Regarding AMOLED burn-in: I'm nearing three years on my S3 and have absolutely none that I can discern.

HOWEVER - I visited an AT&T store the other day and was stunned at how bad the display Nexus 6 and Note 4 were. Like, those display models will simply have to be thrown in the trash after they're taken out of the showroom. The fact that the N6 was able to get that bad after no more than 4-6 months in the store makes me think maybe it's possible that mildly perceptible burn-in of static UI elements (status bar, soft nav keys) could happen after a year or so for really heavy users.

Its more of a fact that the screens are on 100% brightness for extended periods of time. Nobody really uses a phone at 100% brightness all the time. No heavy user is going to have the screen wear equal to 100% brightness of over 14 hours a day from months on end in a year unless they are using it as a display of some sort.

Burn in is also probably more susceptible on higher resolution screens we see now as the pixels are smaller and thus more susceptible to degradation (just a theory). Kind of how as flash memory gets smaller it also degrades faster.

I see Samsung isn't selling as many of these as they would have liked.

Gee that was so unpredictable.

I can't imagine why.

I... I just can't place it.

I only replaced by S4 because on my Verizon contract the S6 ended up being a free phone after I got all my discounts.

It probably has to do with the fact that Samsung makes a really good product, the Galaxy line for all the smart phones I have owned really knocks it out of the park.

That being said the smaller form factor is great, phone looks and feels great, battery life is amazing, I can go a whole day without charging it and still have a 20% left, my S4 would make it till about 2 or 3pm with my usage before needing to be plugged in.

I only replaced by S4 because on my Verizon contract the S6 ended up being a free phone after I got all my discounts.

It probably has to do with the fact that Samsung makes a really good product, the Galaxy line for all the smart phones I have owned really knocks it out of the park.

That being said the smaller form factor is great, phone looks and feels great, battery life is amazing, I can go a whole day without charging it and still have a 20% left, my S4 would make it till about 2 or 3pm with my usage before needing to be plugged in.

Where did you get it at? Looking to upgrade the wife's GS4 to a GS6 too, I think. Friend just told me yesterday there was a Best Buy deal for $100 rebate card and a free memory upgrade (to 64GBs) or something too. So $200, minus the $100 rebate card. Still not worth it to me since her GS4 has actually been pretty decent on Lollipop so far (very surprising), but if we can get it for free and sell her old 32GB GS4, then it'd be nice.

Where did you get it at? Looking to upgrade the wife's GS4 to a GS6 too, I think. Friend just told me yesterday there was a Best Buy deal for $100 rebate card and a free memory upgrade (to 64GBs) or something too. So $200, minus the $100 rebate card. Still not worth it to me since her GS4 has actually been pretty decent on Lollipop so far (very surprising), but if we can get it for free and sell her old 32GB GS4, then it'd be nice.

Verizon in store, due to my current data plan I get a $ 24.99 credit for going to Edge Premium, and the cost of the phone is $ 24.99, I did have to fork over $189.00 plus tax for the phone but they give you $ 189 in accessories got a case/screen protector and some IP camera my wife has been on me to get. At least that's how it was explained at the time of the sale, its Verizon so they could just be full of shit, we'll see after I get my next moths bill.

I have an S3, so that may be why, but it could also have been due to an old battery or the version of Android you were using. Back when I had KitKat installed, my phone guzzled electricity, and might last 8hrs on a good day (4 or less if you constantly used it). After installing Lollipop it improved to ~12hrs, and with a new battery 18 to 24hrs on a good day, and on the weekends when it was always connected to wifi and I didn't pick it up as much, it'd last all day and night, sometimes through sunday.

Needless to say, I'm not upgrading to an S6 soon, unless something happens to my phone. ;)

Price drops for everyone! Seriously though, how about them S6 sales? Seems certain users in this thread were extremely optimistic about their figures. Although some of it may have been due to Samsung not realizing the Edge would be in way more demand than the regular S6. Either way, price drops should be good for us, the consumers.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/29/samsung-earnings-q2-2015/

Price drops for everyone! Seriously though, how about them S6 sales? Seems certain users in this thread were extremely optimistic about their figures. Although some of it may have been due to Samsung not realizing the Edge would be in way more demand than the regular S6. Either way, price drops should be good for us, the consumers.

Virgin Mobile is selling these now too. I believe it may be the earliest they gotten a new Samsung phone after launch. They are sending out emails to existing customers offering S6s for $480 (over 24 months).

Ah, the dangers of predicting the success of a product based on what you want to happen, rather than reality. It's also a friendly reminder that specs alone do not a popular phone make. People have to like the overall experience, not just the benchmarks.

Price drops are definitely welcome -- I just wonder how much they're going to help.

Ugh, that's one way of putting it...lol. Another way would be these users talked a lot of trash for months, now they have to STFU. :D

Samsung's biggest problem is that why should people buy an iPhone ripoff at the same price?

Samsung's biggest problem is that why should people buy an iPhone ripoff at the same price?

That isn't their problem.

For most people...the s5 and previous phones are "good enough" most of the time. Aside from us folks on [H} and kids on G+ and reddit Android boards who spend all day running Antutu benches, the previous generation does the trick...and there isn't much reason to spend...*gag....$1000 on a new phone, they'll wait til their contract is up in 2 years.

Samsung's problem is twofold:

a) Pricepoint
2) 2 year contract subsidizing, rendering it simply unaffordable to upgrade other than every other year at soonest.

That isn't their problem.

For most people...the s5 and previous phones are "good enough" most of the time. Aside from us folks on [H} and kids on G+ and reddit Android boards who spend all day running Antutu benches, the previous generation does the trick...and there isn't much reason to spend...*gag....$1000 on a new phone, they'll wait til their contract is up in 2 years.

Samsung's problem is twofold:

a) Pricepoint
2) 2 year contract subsidizing, rendering it simply unaffordable to upgrade other than every other year at soonest.

Well I was going to get an S6 (since I'm still using an S [no number]). But then they announced it and I was like, "WTF is this are they out of their gourds?" So now I have no idea what I'm going to get. Something completely different I guess.

Back