Samsung Galaxy S6

So dev kinda spilled the beans that the consumer version of the Gear VR will actually be for the S6, and not a new 4K phone. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3i4m1i/went_to_facebook_london_to_an_oculus_dev_day/

Also looks like hand-tracking is coming as well, as this is an S6 in the demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tIFsnF_kU

Note buyers are pissed, but good news for S6 owners, as its not just going to be the Gear VR2 made for it, but whatever upgrades they make to the final consumer release version as well. Really happy I got in on the $99 deal for the Gear VR I posted in hotdeals, as its a blast!

Last edited:
I done a factory reset and it is snappy again. .

Make it a habit of doing that once a month to get the phone running "normal" or as "intended" performance wise.

It's a damn shame Samsung doesn't make the Play edition phones anymore, would be amazing having vanilla android on the S6 and similar devices. Sad

There's this--described as stock rom minus extra stuff, or aosp + TouchWiZ Launcher/UI

There are a few others, too, but I guess that's probably as close as you'd get to vanilla Android at the moment. I haven't used any of them, be sure to do your research before commiting. ;)

32GB Samsung Galaxy S6 is $430 at eBay Daily Deal.
This is a great phone, i'd rather get this over the OnePlus 2

Last edited:
Is this model still relevant and does it support latest and greatest Android version? Is it worth to buy it today?

Is this model still relevant and does it support latest and greatest Android version? Is it worth to buy it today?

I love a nerco like anyone else here, but I'll actually answer the question at hand!

My wife still has the s6 edge AND she is slated to get Android 7.0 at some point some time somewhere. Some.

It won't support Android Oreo, or so I have read, but being two generations old by that point and being a Samsung, I'm not too surprised.

I love a nerco like anyone else here, but I'll actually answer the question at hand!

My wife still has the s6 edge AND she is slated to get Android 7.0 at some point some time somewhere. Some.

It won't support Android Oreo, or so I have read, but being two generations old by that point and being a Samsung, I'm not too surprised.

Thank you for reply. I prefer to write into established threads rather then creating a separate threads.

Regarding Oreo it is sad that S6 will not support it. I am not looking into S7 due to explofing batteries. S8 might be too expensive on start.

Thank you for reply. I prefer to write into established threads rather then creating a separate threads.

Regarding Oreo it is sad that S6 will not support it. I am not looking into S7 due to explofing batteries. S8 might be too expensive on start.
The s7 doesn't have a battery issue. Only the Note 7 has that issue.

Back