Samsung Galaxy S5 Watch Thread

I stated that GS5 has better screen (best screen actually) and a better camera during the day, but HTC's camera software is more fun... so therefore, i must be a samsung hater and am totally biased and cheap for supporting net neutrality.

remember the samsung shills we delt with in the past years? the ones who kept on posting same debunked, biased things over and over despite us calling them out?

Once again, why isn't a motherboard an electronic component?

Last edited:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/german-hacker-group-ccc-compromises-iphone-fingerprint-sensor-a-923910.html

Not too difficult to comprehend. It took two days after iPhone 5S launch. So, based on that it took them five days after Galaxy S5 launch using the same technique they already refined.

I never said "perfect" but "more secure" so go back and reread my post. In one of my other posts I wanted someone to give them a S5 to see how long it would take them because I knew it would be longer.

Requiring a passcode can easily be added via software.

Anyone who deals with security knows there's no such thing as perfect unbreakable security. You can only increase the time and/or resources required to break something but anyone with more resources and/or time like the government can break it.

You two want milk and cookies to make you feel better? Try to stick to the discussion and attempt to be coherent instead of resorting to labeling people troll, shill, whatever when you have nothing useful to offer.

Oh, but we are sticking to the discussion. IIRC, I'm not the only person that told you that the SRLabs team re-used a mold made last October. Breaking the Samsung fingerprint reader that you claimed was more secure than the iPhone sensor did not take 5 days. To break the Samsung reader would have taken the same amount of time as making a mold like the team did in October.

As the saying goes: you're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts. Repeating a statement that's proven false doesn't suddenly make it true, and you should expect to be hauled out on the carpet if you try it.

The GS5's fingerprint reader is as easy or easier to crack with a fake finger than the iPhone 5s. This isn't up for dispute -- trustworthy security experts have demonstrated it. Nor is it a dealbreaker for either phone. If you have a beef at all, it's with the current state of biometric security, which doesn't have simple eye scanners or other tech that's harder to fool.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s5-sales-double-s4-driven-by-4g/

Samsung Galaxy S5 sales double S4, driven by 4G

As the Samsung Galaxy S5 sells twice as fast as the S4 on launch day, UK retailers say as many as 99 percent of the new smartphones sold are on 4G contracts.

byRich Trenholm

@rich_trenholmApril 16, 2014 2:29 AM PDTUpdated:April 16, 2014 7:02 AM PDT

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is selling like warmed baked goodsJosh Miller/CNET

TheSamsung Galaxy S5is flying off the shelves, selling twice as many as theGalaxy S4on launch day in the UK, with more than 9 out of 10 phones sold signed up to 4G contracts.

UK mobile phone retailers Phones 4U and Carphone Warehouse have revealed that sales of the S5 were more than double that of the S4 on its first day alone. The two big street staples say that pre-orders for the new phone were "significantly" higher than its predecessor.

I have Sprint and my camera failed. Brought it into the Corp Sprint store and they told me mine was the first they've seen with this issue. Apparently the failing camera was tied to only Verizon. They gave me a new phone since it was within the 14 days. They couldn't get it fixed by the techs there. Kinda on the fence now because if this fails outside the 14 days I have to wait for it to get replaced.

I have Sprint and my camera failed. Brought it into the Corp Sprint store and they told me mine was the first they've seen with this issue. Apparently the failing camera was tied to only Verizon. They gave me a new phone since it was within the 14 days. They couldn't get it fixed by the techs there. Kinda on the fence now because if this fails outside the 14 days I have to wait for it to get replaced.

Return for the M8 😃

I've seen some mentions of Sprint users having this issue before, but I haven't seen it mentioned for other carriers yet. I'm wondering if it's specific to CDMA models. Either way, this sucks... hope it's not more widespread or tough to fix, because that's not how you'd want to launch a phone.

Welp, it looks like I'm going to get me an S5 after all. About 3 months ago I forgot to take my phone out my pants and washed it, so it was water damaged. Just Friday I dropped it in about 6" of water when I got out of my work truck and it went straight into the water. It works, but it doesn't want to charge half the time now. Luckily I talked to my boss and he is going to pay for my deductible to get a new phone, because I was at work and was fixing roof leaks. I figure I'm better off getting an S5 b/c it's waterproof and that's a huge + in my book. Seeing as this phone is a triband phone, that's something I need also. So hopefully within the next few days I'll have it.

Welp, it looks like I'm going to get me an S5 after all. About 3 months ago I forgot to take my phone out my pants and washed it, so it was water damaged. Just Friday I dropped it in about 6" of water when I got out of my work truck and it went straight into the water. It works, but it doesn't want to charge half the time now. Luckily I talked to my boss and he is going to pay for my deductible to get a new phone, because I was at work and was fixing roof leaks. I figure I'm better off getting an S5 b/c it's waterproof and that's a huge + in my book. Seeing as this phone is a triband phone, that's something I need also. So hopefully within the next few days I'll have it.

You sound like Samsung's perfect customer for the phone... hope you like it! Just remember that it's technically water-resistant, so don't knowingly go diving into the pool with the GS5 in your pocket.

Heh, Not sure if that was a cheap shot or a standard comment lol

Im considering making the iOS/Android switch from an iPhone 4 to the S5. Are there any Mac users here that can comment on how they make do without iCloud syncing for music, notes, etc?

Heh, Not sure if that was a cheap shot or a standard comment lol

Either way is well deserved on my end. I'm an idiot for accidentally washing my phone ($150 deductible), and this past Friday would have been another $150, but luckily my boss is a good guy and going to pay the $150. I figure I'm better off selling the S4 replacement I get and just buy an S5. It'll be cheaper in the long run, and makes much more sense b/c I do roofing. I'm on Sprint also, so I need a triband phone.

I won't go jumping into my pool with the S5 on purpose, but I could have another idiot moment where I do just that. :p

FYI: The infamous Geohot just released a rooting tool for AT&T and Verizon. It's called Towelroot.

Last edited:
I hope they don't make the same mistake like LG G3 with battery life and performance going 2560x1440.

Back