Samsung Galaxy S3 for $150 at Walmart. Vzn, AT&T, & Sprint. Upgrade or New Act. YMMV

zamardii

2[H]4U
I just got out of a Walmart here in Southwest Florida and saw that the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T version of the Galaxy S3 (16gb) is $149.99. (Just checked Verizon's website and it's still holding at $200)

One caveat is that for Sprint, you only get the blue one. But the blue is still $150.

Not sure if hot deal... maybe lukewarm at best but if you were holding out for a better price and/or deal then this isn't that bad.

hmmm $50 off not bad...

I've always been told to only deal with corporate stores to handle your account, not resellers or third party stores like walmart. how much of a issue is that really?

$189 on Amazon Wireless. $150 sounds like a pretty decent price for this phone.

Its been the price for a couple of months at least for the Verizon one. When I got the S3 from Verizon about six weeks ago the clerk said you can find the phone cheaper, but Verizon was the only one who actually had same day stock. $50 in savings if you can get the phone the same day is great.

IMO this is the best smartphone on the market. I have had zero issues with it since purchase and my wife also has one and she has had zero issues.

Yeah, I could have sworn I've seen $149.99 before for this phone. (I'm in NC too though).

I always buy my phones through Best Buy for a couple reasons.

A: They do automatic rebates instead of the $150 Rebate.
B: I can get the Best Buy replacement plan for $10 a month (more than sprints), however it covers any form of damage to the phone.
C: I get a trade in value. So if I trade in in one year, I get $275 towards a new phone, or in 2 years I get $150 towards a new phone.

Amazon Wireless has it even cheaper for Verizon/Sprint. It was $140 for Verizon and $120 for sprint.

I got the Sprint GS3 at Nebraska Furniture Mart for $130.

Google NFM Wireless. There's free shipping, too. Just another option for everyone...

I'd be all over that if I qualified for an upgrade, for now need to settle with the stupid iphone.

is this no-contract? If not, how long is the required contract to get it for $150 and what is the minimum you can pay per month?h

is this no-contract? If not, how long is the required contract to get it for $150 and what is the minimum you can pay per month?h

They are all on contract, probably 2 years. Minimum price would depend on which carrier you chose, as it's the same price for several. I'd guess around $80 a month, but its been a long time since I've had a single line cell phone account.

Go look it up, I'm not your personal research assistant.

No need to be a dick about it...

Whats the top of the line non-smartphone pda's these days anyway? Is it still something like the iPod Touch?

Wow, I ask a question & get flamed :rolleyes:

I was interested as I'd like a newer phone but $200 + 24 months @ ${large_data_cost}/month doesn't work for me (since I'm in a family plan to keep costs down). I don't really need a data plan anyhow as I have a 4G/myfi from work...

Most Likely the best PDA would be a tablet.(7 inch) This is likely larger then you wanted, so...

Most phones can have their cell data services shut off, so that might be an option. Ipod touchs are easy off the shelf options with slightly old/slow cpu options. Normally about one generation behind current iphones. Another odd option might be a pay as you go cellphone, but I have not really looked into that as a option.

any chance of getting this to work with extending a SERO account? cracked my darn S2 screen few days ago

hmmm $50 off not bad...

I've always been told to only deal with corporate stores to handle your account, not resellers or third party stores like walmart. how much of a issue is that really?

If you're making any plan changes or whatnot I'd heed that advice... But for buying a phone that's silly. Third parties almost always have better prices, I've bought three phones now from third parties (two from Wirefly) and I've helped my sister do the same (think we've gone with Radioshack twice)... Never had a major issue.

You just gotta read the fine print and be aware of some caveats. Third parties might sometimes enforce additional ETFs if you're canceling your contract etc, but I imagine most people who are renewing aren't prone to cancel soon after. If you're new to the carrier and trying it out it's worth keeping in mind tho.

Third party retailers not only have better prices but they often waive activation fees or don't charge taxes (online mostly but even at brick and mortar stores, which is bizarre).

Yeah, I could have sworn I've seen $149.99 before for this phone. (I'm in NC too though).

I always buy my phones through Best Buy for a couple reasons.

A: They do automatic rebates instead of the $150 Rebate.
B: I can get the Best Buy replacement plan for $10 a month (more than sprints), however it covers any form of damage to the phone.
C: I get a trade in value. So if I trade in in one year, I get $275 towards a new phone, or in 2 years I get $150 towards a new phone.

Best Buy's trade in prices are generally lower than what you'll get by selling it, though those numbers sound really high... Their replacement plan doesn't cover theft either, just putting it out there.

Back