Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy Buds Commercial Leaks

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Slashleaks on YouTube has leaked a Samsung commercial that features the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S10+ phone and Samsung Galaxy Buds products.

Samsung Galaxy s10+ & Galaxy buds TV commercial

Should probably wait for more details before completely condemning it, but changes are Samsung hasn't invented a new wireless standard like Apple did, and that they are using Bluetooth audio. Bluetooth audio does many things well, but it does use lossy compression on its audio streams. It may not be a huge issue in and of itself, but consider that the audio it plays is typically already compressed in mp3/ogg or some sort of video file. Now you are recompressing a previously compressed audio source, and that is pretty bad.

They'd also suffer from the "easy to lose" issue of Apples Airpods, and judging by how they look I'm willing to bet an infringement lawsuit to be incoming from Apple any moment now. I'm no Apple fan, but I seriously don't understand how Samsung can justify blatantly ripping off Apple products as often as they do. It is more vague on their handheld devices, but this is just blatant, down to the charger carrying case.

Then there is the concept of battery powered wireless devices that bugs me. It's just one more device you have to remember to keep charged, and could be dead at the wrong moment, and may have to be tossed because the batteries are no longer good after 2-3 years. Unless you absolutely need the wireless capability for mobility or something like that, when given a choice between anything wireless and anything wired, the wired solution will always be faster/higher quality/more reliable.

That, and I have absolutely zero interest in earbuds. I'd do full size headphones, or speakers, but I'll pass on earbuds.

And no, I'm not one of those retards with full sized headphones out on the street. I just don't listen to music outside my home or my car.

Should probably wait for more details before completely condemning it, but changes are Samsung hasn't invented a new wireless standard like Apple did, and that they are using Bluetooth audio. Bluetooth audio does many things well, but it does use lossy compression on its audio streams. It may not be a huge issue in and of itself, but consider that the audio it plays is typically already compressed in mp3/ogg or some sort of video file. Now you are recompressing a previously compressed audio source, and that is pretty bad.

They'd also suffer from the "easy to lose" issue of Apples Airpods, and judging by how they look I'm willing to bet an infringement lawsuit to be incoming from Apple any moment now. I'm no Apple fan, but I seriously don't understand how Samsung can justify blatantly ripping off Apple products as often as they do. It is more vague on their handheld devices, but this is just blatant, down to the charger carrying case.

Then there is the concept of battery powered wireless devices that bugs me. It's just one more device you have to remember to keep charged, and could be dead at the wrong moment, and may have to be tossed because the batteries are no longer good after 2-3 years. Unless you absolutely need the wireless capability for mobility or something like that, when given a choice between anything wireless and anything wired, the wired solution will always be faster/higher quality/more reliable.

That, and I have absolutely zero interest in earbuds. I'd do full size headphones, or speakers, but I'll pass on earbuds.

And no, I'm not one of those retards with full sized headphones out on the street. I just don't listen to music outside my home or my car.

Agree, i use my apple earbuds at work (the wired ones it comes with) when I need to hear things. But if I dont I have a pair of sennhiesers (however the f you spell it) that are bluetooth/wire and the noise cancelling is nice when everyone has a space heater running in the office. Anything that inserts into my ear (like the ones that plug the canal) drive me crazy so I can't wear those. The buds that just sit there are okay, though they tend to fall out a lot. My monkey shaped ears were just meant for full size headphones.

I have had 20$ blue tooth earbuds for years.

Is seripus innovation still happening anywhere outside Elon Musk?

Well, at least it appears to have a headphone jack, which is nice. Any more on the rumors that Samsung will have a version that doesn't have the silly curved screen edges? My work phone is a Galaxy S8, and I find the curved edges to be very annoying - I find the distorted video edges very distracting, and it makes the whole thing harder to hold on to without accidentally hitting the side of the screen. It also makes putting on screen protectors and cases a pain as well. I am also not a fan of the longboi screen ratios. My personal phone (Asus Zenfone 2 Laser) is just past the 3 year mark now, and it is sad that almost every new phone has something annoyingly wrong with it that keeps me from replacing it - curved screen edges, missing ports, silly long screen, and so forth.

I have an S9 and while I also don't see the point of the curved screen, it doesn't bother me and overall I really like the phone.

Looks like a beautiful phone. I personally love the hole punch design. Not a fan of the notch.

My last two phones have been a pixel and pixel 3, but I do miss the hardware Samsung puts out. (don't miss the choppy UI that always happened after OS updates. Unusable)

I have an S7 and like the smaller size. I'll be looking at the S10 or what I think they're calling a cheaper model S10e

Had the S7,S8 and now the S9 , this one looks real nice and i`ll be keeping my eye on it
don`t like the price hike though

Looks like another phone with decent flagship-level specs but I'll be passing because A) They're loaded up with proprietary, hard to remove Samsung crap and more importantly B) On the "good" / Qualcomm hardware release, they use a proprietary bootloader that cannot be unlocked, preventing flashing custom ROMs like those based on AOSP and/or LineageOS.

Especially thanks to the latter, Samsung has simply written me out of being a customer. Its too bad as I could really use some alternatives - at the moment the only decent flagship things I have on the radar for Android are the Pixel series, the next generation OnePlus, and possibly the Razer Phone series. A part of me wants to buy the Purism Librem 5 ( https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/ ) when it releases because I support the ethos, but its a lot of money if it turns out that the hardware ends up underpowered and/or they can't offer Android app compatibility. I'll still keep an eye on the Librem 5 and a few of the other Linux phone projects, though.

Its a hard pass from me...why....nothing at all to do with the phone itself. I'm sure its all fancy hardware etc etc

its the damn price
the Galaxy 10s is projected starting at 799...what the fuck. the lowest end phone is now at a previous flagship level price
No thank you

not enough change yet in my mind to justify spending to move off my current S8 which works just fine.

and i do not care for the idea of having yet another thing to forget to charge and ultimately being completely useless compared to my wired headphones .... which i rarely use anyway.

It is a hard pass. I don't see any reason to upgrade from Pixel 2xl for at least 3 more years. Even if I was flush with money I don't see why I should upgrade Everytime a new phone comes out. Flagship phones from 3 year are still solid phones for 95% of people.

There are a couple things that make me hesitant on purchasing another Samsung phone (have an s8)

1. Update lagtime. It takes them a ridiculous amount of time to roll out updates.

2. Phone size for the best hardware is always too big. Even the s10 is basically 6".

3. Literally most of the features I'll disable or not use. Especially anything assistant related.

I don't care much about rooting or custom ROMs anymore... And I can disable everything in the stock rom I don't use without doing any of that.

I just want a phone that stays updated, is super fast, and can take good photos when I need to and fits easily in my pocket and hands and nothing else. Sucks that the pixel 3 is using what amounts to an already obsolete soc. That and it bloats its price up with assistant and cloud features I'll just be disabling

Curious about the buds, how they'll differ from the IconX 2018 which are quite decent.

I hate the punchole and any other notches on phones, I hope they don't put that thing on the Note 10 (they probably will) and find a way to get rid of that junk. I'd rather have a top bezel or a slide-out camera than a blemished screen.

Well, at least it appears to have a headphone jack, which is nice. Any more on the rumors that Samsung will have a version that doesn't have the silly curved screen edges? My work phone is a Galaxy S8, and I find the curved edges to be very annoying - I find the distorted video edges very distracting, and it makes the whole thing harder to hold on to without accidentally hitting the side of the screen. It also makes putting on screen protectors and cases a pain as well. I am also not a fan of the longboi screen ratios. My personal phone (Asus Zenfone 2 Laser) is just past the 3 year mark now, and it is sad that almost every new phone has something annoyingly wrong with it that keeps me from replacing it - curved screen edges, missing ports, silly long screen, and so forth.

S8 Active. I don't know about network compatibility

great upgrade for those that haven't int he past couple of years.

There are a couple things that make me hesitant on purchasing another Samsung phone (have an s8)

1. Update lagtime. It takes them a ridiculous amount of time to roll out updates.

Funny you should mention, I just did a manual check for updates on my S9 and it looks like OneUI / Pie is rolling out now.

Funny you should mention, I just did a manual check for updates on my S9 and it looks like OneUI / Pie is rolling out now.

Like 11 months after it was pushed. (5+since actually released)

And my s8 still has november security patch as the newest.

Back