Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Rumored to Feature 6.32-Inch Screen

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Not to be outdone by the Galaxy S8+’s 6.2-inch display, the next Note is expected to sport a slightly larger screen at 6.32 inches. While this is a somewhat of a miniscule difference, it would still make the Note 8 the largest in the current Galaxy lineup. Samsung once made a “phone” with a 7-inch screen—I wonder if they’re crazy enough to go there with the S or Note.

Even though it is too early to know the specifications, the report said, the S9 is likely to come in two variants -- 5.8- and 6.2-inch screen models -- the same with the S8 that will be launched on April 21. In the meantime, Samsung is also working on the bigger-screen Note 8 under the code name “Great,” the report said. The phone is expected to feature the largest 6.32-inch screen for Samsung’s premium lineup. It is rumored to have a fingerprint scanner on the bottom of the front screen as a virtual on-screen home button, a feature that was not adopted for the S8 due to technical issues.

It's the year 2017. How is a news story about some new smartphone with a new display still interesting? Next month it will be something like: "Brand X releases a new phone with a display that's an inch bigger than its predecessor!"

I am probably in the minority on this forum for not caring about these consumer tech ads -- I mean, headlines.

Protip to all the smartphone makers: you folks really need to get off the "bigger is better" bandwagon.

As for the codename "Great" does that mean they'll include a red hat in every Note8 box that says "Make Samsung Great Again!" or words to that effect? :D

Needs to be about 26" bigger and lose the phone bits.

*Mumbles about lack of OLED monitors*

I would've been fine with a 7" phone. Bring it on.

I've seen some Note 5 referbs up for sale on Amazon. Anyone ever try a amazon certified referb? Any good?

Buyer refurb or manufacturer refurb? The manufacturer ones are the better ones to get because they tend to return them to close to new condition. I had my LG G5 swapped on warranty and the returb unit looks brand new (protective wrappers and all).

Diagonal size means nothing. Saw the S8+ and my Note 5 is wider by far. No way would I trade it for something skinnier.

What I want to know is how wide the screen is on the Note 8. Every other screen size stat is meaningless.

I think I'll get ahead of the game and strap a oled TV screen to my back.....

At what point does a cell phone become a tablet other than a sim card. Is it just a sim card that turns a tablet into a cell phone or is it the size of the screen. I have been using my tablets, laptops, computers as phones for yrs and no one calls them a cell phone. I'm confused.;)

I dont know, but looks like Samsung lost their way.

Notes were the top of line phones, bigger than anything else, yet, they seems to be an after thought now.

I think the new model should be 6.5".

I miss my iPhone 4. Thing could fit in my shirt pocket. It was an awesome piece. My iPhone 6s crashes more and has worse battery life than my 4 ever did.

I miss my iPhone 4. Thing could fit in my shirt pocket. It was an awesome piece. My iPhone 6s crashes more and has worse battery life than my 4 ever did.

If theres profit to be made then a company will shift their standards and produce what sells. People that like small screen sizes are a minority these days. Also people are using their smartphones as their primary multimedia device and having a larger screen enhances the experience rather than a small screen.

If your iphone 6s is crashing then its that particular phone. There are tons of iphone 6s still going strong without crashes.

Weird that you dont have a SE.

At what point does a cell phone become a tablet other than a sim card. Is it just a sim card that turns a tablet into a cell phone or is it the size of the screen. I have been using my tablets, laptops, computers as phones for yrs and no one calls them a cell phone. I'm confused.;)
I think it's when it has a mouthpiece and an earpiece. So Sony's xperia tablet with the sim card that can make normal phone calls with a headset is still considered a tablet. I'd actually be happiest with an 8" tablet and a small bluetooth flip phone handset for calls. The battery life on all my (LTE) tablets absolutely slaughter my phones. Unfortunately I drag my phone around just so that work can call/text me.

Back