Samsung Galaxy Note 2 usb issues

sonicboom

Limp Gawd
First off, merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

This Christmas, my brother bought two Samsung Note 2 phones. One for my father, and the other for himself. I got them both Sandisk micro sd cards, a 64 gb and a 32 gb. I gave the 64 to my brother, and it seems to work fine. He can transfer files at his place with no issues over usb.

However, when I try to attach his Note 2 phone on my computer, my file transfers stall indefinitely. I tried all 6 usb ports on this comp, 2 usb 3, 4 usb2.

None work. I took the micro sd card out, and placed it in a portable microsd to usb adapter I carry on a keychain, and the card then works fine. Place it back into the phone, and it stalls again.

I tried my father's Note 2 with the 32gb micro sd card in it, and it works flawlessly. Transfers a 500 meg file in about 50 seconds.

So now, I'm left guessing what's exactly going on here. Is it my pc that's acting up, a busted card or does his Note 2 have some serious issues with usb transfers? Has anyone else with a Note 2 run into this problem?

I have a (Verizon) Note 2 and haven't had any issues transferring files to/from its 32GB SD card. I copied all the files over from my previous phone (Galaxy Nexus) without an issue.

Have you tried putting the 64GB card in your dads phone and the 32GB card in your bros phone to see if either have issues transferring files? That would prolly be the best way to rule out the card and see if it's the phone.

Last edited:
you have windows patch installed to support sd cards greater than 32gb?

I had to do this for Motorola phones before I could access my phone on my PC. But I did also need to install the MotoBlur suite Portal software too. You may need to do the same for Samsung.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have to try swapping their cards tomorrow after work. I'm up to date on all win7 patches, but not sure if I ever had one installed for sd cards over 32gb. Will look into it.

Ok, I have installed the usb drivers, and will see how it goes tomorrow. They have the tmobile versions btw.

Quick update: I've tried the 64 gb card in my father's note 2, and it works with no issues. It still will not work even after I have reinstalled the samsung usb drivers (which were already installed on my comp) on my brother's Note 2. I told him to return his phone and ask for a new one.

SAMSUNG IS SHIT

now ive had my vent by shitting on their name ill tell you my experience, fuck them untill they can make a USB driver that works, just ended up reselling the galaxy tab and getting a nexus 7, best fix for horrid samsung devices that sacrificed a working USB system for their own rip off apple looking plug, why would you want to copy those losers anyway?

its USB connection is terrible, you can basically plug it in once and then once you unplug it that port becomes useless until you uninstall the driver a random amount of times and plug it in a random amount of times. Wasted an hour or so trying to hook the damn thing up last time, the usb plug is not the standard android one i have seen on tons of devices it looks like the apple one so they are obviously loosing functionality and compatibility all for the sake of having it look more like an apple device.

its USB connection is terrible, you can basically plug it in once and then once you unplug it that port becomes useless until you uninstall the driver a random amount of times and plug it in a random amount of times. Wasted an hour or so trying to hook the damn thing up last time, the usb plug is not the standard android one i have seen on tons of devices it looks like the apple one so they are obviously loosing functionality and compatibility all for the sake of having it look more like an apple device.

Apple and Samsung aren't the only companies who make their own connector, the company (ASUS) who makes the Nexus 7 does it as well.

And I'm not sure about your problem but I've hooked up quite a few Samsung devices to my PC's (XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8) and have yet it not be recognized. Or this reconnect issue you are having. I remember having that issue with Win98 and camera's but nothing current and certainly not with a smartphone/tablet device.

I thought I had the same issue at first but I was not trying the usb cable that came with my note 2. Funny that all my other usb cables would not work. When I tried the white Samsung cable it worked for some reason

I think I read somewhere that the 64 gb micro sd cards have to be formatted correctly or they wont work right exfat or fat32 something like that. Worth a try.

Well, I'm nota a fan of Samsung since some things are cracking up, mostly usb cable connection and drivers. I had to plug it and unplug all over and play with the drivers.

Considering this is about the Note 2, not the Tab, the mini usb port is fairly standard and works fine. Sounds like the OP may have a faulty unit as I have a San Disk 64gb card in mine and it works fine.

Back