Samsung F4 ~$20 off on newegg ends 9/15

Thanks, I bought 2. Well that is if newegg does not have a problem with shipping them to my work address instead of my home address. I just added the work address to the memo field of my CC as they instructed. They told me I could not use alternate addresses with paypal.

Edit: The order has been charged successfully and I did get the $40 discount on 2 so ~$198 total including shipping. Now lets hope it goes to work instead of home..

Last edited:
Just ordered a few, haven't purchased a new hdd in 1.5 years.

What tests/programs can I use to verify hdds before putting them into a raid array??

CrystalDiskMark for general performance stats and checking the SMART data with something like HDTune can't hurt too; though you should keep this checked every month or so on each disk member. Especially the variables "UDMA CRC Error Count" (bad cables) and "Current Pending Sector" (unmapped bad sectors) are important and should have a raw data value of "0" always. The HDTune "Health" tab lists the SMART data; look for the "Data" tab which contains the actual value; not those current/threshold values.

I was in for 2 as well. Already have 4 2TB F3's running like champs, and the fact that the F4 is a little faster pushed me over the edge.

I just got my 2TB F4s from newegg. Shipping was excellent. Drives were in cshells. Then bubble wrapped. Then individually boxed then put in a large box with loads of the brown paper that they use for packing. Maybe I will take a picture when I get home..

delete. I moved the benchmarks to its own page. I will save this space for newegg packaging pics.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's now at a lower price for good (doesn't list a sale end date), but they're at $94.99 as of a few minutes ago.

Not sure if it's now at a lower price for good (doesn't list a sale end date), but they're at $94.99 as of a few minutes ago.

with Free shipping... very nice deal... I think it says save $25 :)

newegg.ca has it for $109 + $11 shipping.... I don't think this drive is available yet in Canada, except NE. If there was a free shipping I would pull the trigger .... LOL

with Free shipping... very nice deal... I think it says save $25 :)

Indeed--I just bought 3 for a small NAS I'm putting together to house my MythTV setup. Not a bad deal at all for 3 2TB drives for $284 shipped.

And as usual, the folks in Canada miss out...

:)

I have already filled one of my F4s I got last week with data from MythTV. No I did not record that much it was from 4 smaller drives that I will now use for backups and other purposes. I do have a second WD 2GB green with 2TB of MythTV data as well...

Edit: I added a 3rd F4 today since its $94.99 shipped.

Last edited:
Back