Samsung F3 1TB $54.99 Shipped until 10AM Pacific 10/18

Darn, limit 3 per customer. I was really hoping to buy 10 of these......................................................................................................

Most people who write reviews are complainers. and ultimately you never know if you the people complaining knew what they were doing or not. Check review sites for the drive and it has good remarks, and check the reviews of other Samsung drives, and usually they have decent performance, and reliability.

my favorite are those newegg reviewers who write "My xxxx is still in the mail, but I thought I'd write a preliminary review based on how I feel"

It's like DUDE WTF?

my favorite are those newegg reviewers who write "My xxxx is still in the mail, but I thought I'd write a preliminary review based on how I feel"

It's like DUDE WTF?

HAHAHA! I see this way to often on everything from SD cards to power strips.

Anyway, I have this drive in current system. No problems. It runs like a top.

I love the one I have as a Steam drive. I don't love that Steam got me to buy enough games that I needed a separate Steam drive.

It's like DUDE WTF?

Folks actually do that? I'm going to have to read more of the reviews just for laughs...

Darn, limit 3 per customer. I was really hoping to buy 10 of these......................................................................................................

Alternatively, Ewiz has it for $55.24 after applying coupon code COLUMBUS15 with free shipping.

via slickdeals if you wanted more

lol, the guy who said RMA 3/10 is probably not dissing Samsung but rather maybe Newegg's lack of good HDD transportation. There's a thread on this board with a guy who ordered multiple and newegg shipped it in socketed-cardboard with joke stuffing material.

lol, the guy who said RMA 3/10 is probably not dissing Samsung but rather maybe Newegg's lack of good HDD transportation. There's a thread on this board with a guy who ordered multiple and newegg shipped it in socketed-cardboard with joke stuffing material.

Thats crazy stuff. Can you link it here? :)

that's kinda hard to believe, since all their packing is done with oversize boxes and tons of styrofoam peanuts

that's kinda hard to believe, since all their packing is done with oversize boxes and tons of styrofoam peanuts

As recently as last year, I received a HD from Newegg with the bare drive in it's anti-static bag, thrown in a box full of peanuts. Of course the box arrived with the drive flat on the bottom of the box, with all the peanuts protecting it from the crushing force of the air above! The drive did and is still working, probably the luck of the draw.

As recently as last year, I received a HD from Newegg with the bare drive in it's anti-static bag, thrown in a box full of peanuts. Of course the box arrived with the drive flat on the bottom of the box, with all the peanuts protecting it from the crushing force of the air above! The drive did and is still working, probably the luck of the draw.

Wow, newegg seems to be getting lower quality service since a few years back. I always ordered OEM drives and they came like you said, but at least had one of those tight "air bags" wrapped around the anti-static bag.

I have noticed they have become more spam-like and popular nowadays though... so maybe they just get too many orders these days

I ordered 2 of them recently from NewEgg, and they arrived with good packaging. I ordered 2, and they came in same box.

I read reports that they've gotten better so I bit on this deal; they're scheduled to be delivered today so we'll see I guess.

Just got one from Newegg today, great packaging.....quit spreading word of mouth stuff people. 1 person having a bad experience does not make it the norm.

The drive I received today had the drive in its antistatic plastic box, inside another box with bubble wrap inside another box which had paper packing materials. I can't complain about this packing job.

Just got one from Newegg today, great packaging.....quit spreading word of mouth stuff people. 1 person having a bad experience does not make it the norm.

It's not just word of mouth, for a while they were consistently shipping drives out with crappy packaging. Only way to get decent packing for a period was with a large drive order, then they shipped in the multi-drive container the drives came in. It does seem that they acted on the feedback from customers and fixed their packaging.

The drive I received today had the drive in its antistatic plastic box, inside another box with bubble wrap inside another box which had paper packing materials. I can't complain about this packing job.

that's good to hear. Glad it worked out for you.

I don't think it's one person. I've heard so many stories about Newegg's shipping for hard drives either being great or terrible. It really seems like a luck of the draw as to whether or not you get good packaging from them.

It's not just word of mouth, for a while they were consistently shipping drives out with crappy packaging. Only way to get decent packing for a period was with a large drive order, then they shipped in the multi-drive container the drives came in. It does seem that they acted on the feedback from customers and fixed their packaging.

Exactly, and they fixed it some time ago.

I order a lot of drives from them for my clients and their shipping has been great on OEM drives for some time now.

Back