Samsung F3 1 TB - $49.99

cbliss1000

Limp Gawd
Newegg eblast deal so you must be a subscriber. Use promo code EMCKAGK22. Free shipping.

Link.

Good drive, good price.

texuspete00

Supreme [H]ardness
Are the F4's, like the 2TB model, as fast as these are nowadays? Sorry if it seems like a thread jack, I'm looking ro replace my Caviar Black 640GB these days, and reseacrh is a bit hard. The latest flavor being SSD's, and comparing drives like my black to bigger ones like the F4 often result in different versions of HD tune and the like. I do have an SSD for my OS. I'd like a new games drive. :)

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
I bit on two of these. The two I already have performe great. Can't wait to see the exceptional way they are packed by Newegg tho. Lol.

deathhorse

[H]ard|Gawd
love my drive got it from frys for $43+ tax. And just a personal opinion I went to the WD black and didnt see a big diff between them.

Gordo74

Gawd
The Samsung F3's are the fastest value priced 1TB on the market. These things beat WD Black drives (and at $40 less right now). I might add that recently, I have installed Black drives that the r/w heads are loud in. Not bone grinding loud, but definitely audible. These Samsung F3's have been whisper quiet. I can't even tell it's accessing data 90% of the time aside from the light on the case.

The F4's spin at 5900rpm, which isn't the fastest, but I use them strictly for storage in my NAS at a RAID5 and they are incredibly fast for that.

But I would jump on these if I needed 1TB drives.

Notleh

Limp Gawd
RMA on these is a pain because Samsung treats them as OEM, but they are very fast for mechanical drives. I have had 8 of these for a year and am very pleased with them.

Really the best mechanical value out there.